You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
daddy4x4

Game hacks

79 comments in this topic

69 posts
2,225 battles

I just submitted a ticket regarding a recent game. At long range & not broadside I got 3 citadel hits. I wasn't charging in like a noob & altered speed & course after the first hit, but still got citadel hit twice more.

This happened early in the game in the space of a couple minutes 3 times by an average player in my Cleveland. I have never seen any Cleveland cop 3 citadel hits in any game, let alone one.

Is there any way to detect in enemy is using an illegal hack?

724 posts
2,179 battles

I just submitted a ticket regarding a recent game. At long range & not broadside I got 3 citadel hits. I wasn't charging in like a noob & altered speed & course after the first hit, but still got citadel hit twice more.

This happened early in the game in the space of a couple minutes 3 times by an average player in my Cleveland. I have never seen any Cleveland cop 3 citadel hits in any game, let alone one.

First off, hacking this game is impossible. The way they build the server and how the data are transferred from server to clients are different so having actual hacks like that are impossible.

The only possible "hack" in this game is an AimAssist mod where it shows you where to aim at the enemy ship, which is already been patched and no longer works in this game. (at least from what I know)

Second, I'm guessing the enemy is rather good at aiming. Cleveland's citadels are placed in some awkward location but still, it is possible to hit it and deal massive damage.

And you're in a cruiser, you can't expect to go around without getting a few citadel hits landed on you by some experienced players. They are fragile compared to battleships so getting hit by a few citadel shots in one salvo is normal.

Next time in your Cleveland, try to load up AP and fire at any Japanese cruiser or Omaha's that are showing their broadside to you. You're almost guaranteed to get citadel hits every salvo if you know how to aim.

Cheers.

69 posts
2,225 battles

Cruisers are the easiest vessels to citadel. Being citadelled 3 times is not too rare. Nothing to see here, move along.

I find this comment dismissive & rude. Yes, some cruisers  are easy to citadel, but you'd struggle to fund anyone to say that about a Cleveland. Especially at 17km range & angled.

69 posts
2,225 battles

The player who done this is not very experienced (less than 800 battles) & because of long range & despite my evasive action, I smell a big dirty rat!

Or I want RNG to give me that result just once in awhile as the New Mex is a pain of a ship to use. Short range, slow as & less guns than Kongo/Fuso.

724 posts
2,179 battles

I find this comment dismissive & rude. Yes, some cruisers  are easy to citadel, but you'd struggle to fund anyone to say that about a Cleveland. Especially at 17km range & angled.

LOL actually it's not that hard, if you know how to aim at angled targets you can still hit his citadel pretty easily.

I wrecked a Cleveland that is running away from me while angled by landing a double citadel on him in my Haru- , I mean Kongou at 15km before.

P/S : If he's not exactly experienced then he must be extremely lucky and RNG was on his side. Like I said it is impossible to actually hack the game.

Edited by xDave1337x

69 posts
2,225 battles

LOL actually it's not that hard, if you know how to aim at angled targets you can still hit his citadel pretty easily.

I wrecked a Cleveland that is running away from me while angled by landing a double citadel on him in my Haru- , I mean Kongou at 15km before.

P/S : If he's not exactly experienced then he must be extremely lucky and RNG was on his side. Like I said it is impossible to actually hack the game.

Hacking very unlikely on their servers, I'd agree, but this guy must have been extremely lucky &/or using aimbot. I've just never had such bad luck & so early in a game. Fair call if I was sitting still or charged into front line like a maniac, but I did neither.

Anyway, it happened. Time to move on. Thanks for your input fellow captains! :)

406 posts
6,287 battles

here we go again.... 

oh come on, don't you have trust in WG firewall and staffs?

Ugh. Firewalls do not stop Hacks (when hacks are being used in a Computer game context) Firewalls restrict network communication on network ports.

The player who done this is not very experienced (less than 800 battles) & because of long range & despite my evasive action, I smell a big dirty rat!

Or I want RNG to give me that result just once in awhile as the New Mex is a pain of a ship to use. Short range, slow as & less guns than Kongo/Fuso.

Wait till you fully upgrade the New Mex, don't worry about the range mods - get the Accuracy Mods and she is a beast - I can generally get between 50k-100k worth of damage with her in a round (if I play sensibly)

Hacking very unlikely on their servers, I'd agree, but this guy must have been extremely lucky &/or using aimbot. I've just never had such bad luck & so early in a game. Fair call if I was sitting still or charged into front line like a maniac, but I did neither.

Anyway, it happened. Time to move on. Thanks for your input fellow captains! :)

I once was playing on a team - when a fellow Kiwi appeared on the Enemy, I engaged in a little smack talk - he was in a Kongo, I was in my Colorado, I used my spotter plane and got 3 citadels on him at max range. he was rather salty. Other times I citadelled an Omaha sailing in a straight line at 18 Km, Twice.

Because RNG, Turrent rotation and shell travel is such a big part of the game mechanics - An Aimbot is almost pointless, sure it could always line your Aim up with their Citadel - but RNG could always screw you, or the enemy could turn/change speed (and with a 10-15 second shell hang time that can significantly mess up an aimed shot) and since all the turrets have to turn - the advantage of having the aim 'snap' (like in FPS games) isn't applicable

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

I feel for the OP did you have video on the game? Turn on record (options to do so are in the forums) and clear out old games per week. There are other game recording tools too.

Back on topic. I love seeing clevelands as a Fuso. So many offer a broadside at 14km they are easy to hit. Those that turn i stagger fire from bow on to the leading point of their direction for max speed. You still get hits.

I have citadelled a konigsberg at 21km in that method to death. Its not impossible at all you just have to see what the cruiser is doing or what is firing at me.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Problem, 5 claimed Citadel hits... with an average BB AP damage 10,000 dmg and the cleveland having around 30,000 health, receiving 5 Citadel hits is impossible, you would be dead after the 3rd. 

So i am would assume what happened here was penetrating hits showing the heavy damage notification. They may have landed 1 or 2 Citadel hits,

and being angled does not guarantee immunity to Citadel damage.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Ugh. Firewalls do not stop Hacks (when hacks are being used in a Computer game context) Firewalls restrict network communication on network ports.

firewalls controls tranffic of incoming and outgoing commonication networks. Which means that wows as a server based game only allows incoming communications network info such as how many hits, sunk and many other info in game. For example a communication info sends lets say 5000 hits score in game but it was a forge info that covers the original hits score of 38, surely the firewall will do its job

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah the game doesn't tell you if you were citadelled. Seeing heavy damage just means you took heavy damage. Game only tells you if you were detonated.

Its impossible to hack a server side authoritative game like this unless he has hacked into the game servers. If so he is a professional hacker and you shouldn't make him angry as hacking your home pc will be 1000x easier than hacking the WG servers :P

Please upload a replay or video if you have one.

Edited by Vyviel

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I dont really know about hacking stuff but with this kind of RNG and randomness in this game it wont be much useful :trollface:

View Postdaddy4x4, on 24 January 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

. I have never seen any Cleveland cop 3 citadel hits in any game, let alone one.

Here 4 Citadels on Cleveland with Kongo :D:D:D

shot-16.01.13_20.55.52-0033_zpsqg8tcera.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

580 posts
1,587 battles

I was able to pull off 6 Citadel shots on an Atago using my Cleve... It was on Fault Line map and I ambushed the bugger off at 8/9kms... Broadside to broadside, full up one salvo, from full health to zero...

The thing is, the Cleveland is not Citadel-proof... It's Citadels are tiny and tricky to hit but not impossible to get... I knew I received to 2 Cits in this one match... It's all about the luck of the draw friend, and you just happened to have drawn the short stick... Deal With It!...

406 posts
6,287 battles

firewalls controls tranffic of incoming and outgoing commonication networks. Which means that wows as a server based game only allows incoming communications network info such as how many hits, sunk and many other info in game. For example a communication info sends lets say 5000 hits score in game but it was a forge info that covers the original hits score of 38, surely the firewall will do its job

Except that the Firewall wouldn't be doing that sort of scanning/filtering - it would be horribly inefficient, and probably impossible (unless WG custom built their own Firewalls, but I doubt it)

Filtering such as that would take place on the server end.

- Source: I'm a Systems Administrator, this is my Day Job.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Except that the Firewall wouldn't be doing that sort of scanning/filtering - it would be horribly inefficient, and probably impossible (unless WG custom built their own Firewalls, but I doubt it)

Filtering such as that would take place on the server end.

- Source: I'm a Systems Administrator, this is my Day Job.

there's no need for scanning for it only allows trusted connections used by wg and blocks foreign connections that false info might be on. well we'll never know since we don't know what and how wg system works

406 posts
6,287 battles

there's no need for scanning for it only allows trusted connections used by wg and blocks foreign connections that false info might be on. well we'll never know since we don't know what and how wg system works

But those are two entirely separate things - I'm not sure if this is a language barrier issue, but from a technical PoV - whilst I won't know the exact details of WG system, I can make quite a few very educated assumptions about how it will work.

IP Blacklist/Whitelisting would be done at a Firewall Level if they do implement such a policy, but I doubt they would - most Gamers won't be playing on a Fixed IP so it makes more sense to block at a User level than a networking level.

However that is seperate from someone modifying a game client to send the server false information - assuming of course that the Client/Server verification that will almost certainly happen before they can do anything can be fooled (which would be tricky to do) - in which case if someone was able to do this - all the Firewall would be doing is confirming that the network packets are valid, being sent on the right ports and pass them through.

The security would happen when the Server end goes to interpret the fake data, either realizing it is out of bounds (ie it is above a threshold set by WG) or if their server runs some form of intelligent filtering that determines it is such an outlier  that it discards/flags it

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

May be that was his second salvo and another 4 happened during previous salvo ?

The North Carolina lasted 2 Yamato salvoes at that range?