Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FROSTBITE_777

Self-Illuminating Textures

12 comments in this topic

4 posts
298 battles

As we now see in the new arpeggio skins in WoWs, they have glowing skins, what my question is about, is HOW exactly can we replicate this glowing function in a skin mod? Some neat tron warships or custom fan-made arpeggio ships (that actually glow) would be nice. 

Beta Tester
17 posts
9,385 battles

inside the same folder, the mfm files makes the skin glow but sadly i dont know how to edit it. 

I used notepad 

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

As far as I know, the illumination or glow effects is made possible by a "glow map/texture" which is most likely a .dds file. I don't know how WoWs handle its lighting engine though.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

As we now see in the new arpeggio skins in WoWs, they have glowing skins, what my question is about, is HOW exactly can we replicate this glowing function in a skin mod? Some neat tron warships or custom fan-made arpeggio ships (that actually glow) would be nice. 

Which ones? Already have glowing skins? Ive seen some fan made fog ship skins but sadly with no illumination

I used notepad 

that solves my prob, tnx a bunch

As far as I know, the illumination or glow effects is made possible by a "glow map/texture" which is most likely a .dds file. I don't know how WoWs handle its lighting engine though.

i know how it works and made the "sample neon glow"

RMYTR1M.jpg

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

4 posts
298 battles

So you found out how to make things glow? Nice. I managed to find and extract all the arpeggio camouflages and move them to the res.mods folder so that they always show up whether with the camo unlocked or not, complete with glowing, but I would like to know if/how to change the kongo purple glowing to a different set colour, it appears the text files control the glowing colours because after editing the .dds files purple decals to blue/green etc... they appear to not change colour in game, most likely related to the text file glow which may overlay it. And im curious to find out so I can make my arpeggio klein field damage skins glow too, I currently replaced the damage textures with new ones I made but would be cooler to have that glowing effect, the AP round impact holes already glow because the "fire" effect" inside does, with an awesome ripple effect along with it, but I do want to replicate that effect with the klein field on the ship damage texture. (Sorry if I make not much sense, just finding it hard to explain)

Sign in to follow this