Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ChandraPurnama

Error Help

15 comments in this topic

11 posts
540 battles

Hi i'm new at this game so i'm really sorry if i post at wrong place. So last night i update the game until finish. But in the morning when i run the launcher it's saying critical error unable to connect to update service. I don't know this error happened because maintenance or what. I already sent ticket to support team but they haven't reply.  So please tell me how to fix this and thank you for at least read this

Here is a SS of error

11 posts
540 battles

please don't waste internet space by spamming same questions in multiple categories. check first your firewall

Sorry about that. It just that no one seems to view my thread. And yes i allow firewall exceptions using launcher settings "update". Still not working
Edited by ChandraPurnama

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Sorry about that. It just that no one seems to view my thread. And yes i allow firewall exceptions using launcher settings "update". Still not working

do you have a ss for your update setting in launcher?

11 posts
540 battles

try turning off your anti virus. other cases claim it worked after turning it off

I'm not sure if windows defender included as antivirus. I don't install antivirus on my Laptop. So i only turn of windows defender. But still not working

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

well - the error says to check the log file, so what does the log file say?

And the link you provide is for World of Tanks,not World of Warships, two separate entities, handled by two separate groups of people.

Edited by lengxv6

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Open WoWS Folder, look for WOWSLauncher.txt file.

Open it with notepad, and scroll to the bottom, it should tell you of some error on some file. Go to the Update folder and delete that file and try to update again.

11 posts
540 battles

Open WoWS Folder, look for WOWSLauncher.txt file.

Open it with notepad, and scroll to the bottom, it should tell you of some error on some file. Go to the Update folder and delete that file and try to update again.

Can you show me how to do it ? i can't find error part wowslauncher.txt

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Go to where you installed WoWS

Example C: > Games > WoWS_Asia

• Inside is a list of files and folders, look for the one called  WOWSLauncher.txt, then open it with notepad (or if you are lazy, just zip it up and attached it to this forum).
  • Once inside the txt file, scroll down to the bottom, and look at the last few lines of the text file. It should indicate some sort of error with certain file(s).
  • Now you go back into your WoWS folder, look for a folder called UPDATE, inside will be a list of files.
  • Find the file in that folder that matches the one that is stated in the WoWSLauncher.txt that is giving the error and delete it.
  • Try to update again after.

If not just attach the Txt file to the forum and we'll read it. (You need to Zip it first).

11 posts
540 battles

Go to where you installed WoWS

Example C: > Games > WoWS_Asia

• Inside is a list of files and folders, look for the one called  WOWSLauncher.txt, then open it with notepad (or if you are lazy, just zip it up and attached it to this forum).
  • Once inside the txt file, scroll down to the bottom, and look at the last few lines of the text file. It should indicate some sort of error with certain file(s).
  • Now you go back into your WoWS folder, look for a folder called UPDATE, inside will be a list of files.
  • Find the file in that folder that matches the one that is stated in the WoWSLauncher.txt that is giving the error and delete it.
  • Try to update again after.

If not just attach the Txt file to the forum and we'll read it. (You need to Zip it first).

Okay i will try this. Hope this will solve the problem

Sign in to follow this