You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

WoWs broken/failed start in Tier 7. (at least for f2p's players)

21 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

The reason :

1. Teamwork

• I always rants about this, sadly, no one care about tactics and teamwork anymore. Everything is spontaneous. Can be good, can be bad. Because sometime, unexpected, you got help by teammate, when you think you are left alone. But sometime, you think you have back up, but teammate leave you for unknown reason, from 5 vs 2, became 1 vs 2. The other 4 teammate just want to go another place.
  • Random Matchmaker, plus matchmaker AI are divide players by skill. Result, good player, or at least, player that had Winning Rate above 50%, will always got bad teammate. To trick this, you have to make your winning rate below 30 % to be matches with good players. Try to kill yourself as much as possible, using TIer 1 ship to make your Winning rate "BAD".

2. Maintenance

• Motherfootballer, even Jesus or Zeus can go bankrupt playing this game pass Tier 7.
  • Your ship got destroyed, bet it will be minus credits, or just get around 10,000 credits.
  • Lots of shooting and killing, you think you will get a lot of credits ? WRONG !!! ... Ammunition refill cost gonna be so expensive. Even kill 1 or 2 ship a match single-handed, not helped by anyone, only give you around 50,000 credits.
  • For comparison, I can make above 100,000cr with T6, shoot much, destroy 1 or 2, AND got destroyed, I'm dead. After repair ship and pay ammo-refill, Net income gonna be above 60,000cr.
  • Above Tier 7, you have to play super good, NOT just good, that's not enough.

3. Cowards fest and goodbye Aggressive tactics.

• Because of point number 2 Maintenance ... no one want to take risk and die, because barely gain any credits at all. While modules are expensive and next ship Tier 8 prize are around 10,000,000 credits.
  • BB cannon are very effective to kill CA, citadel is above 50% chance. While CA easily burn BB, to the state of 3 burn status. Both BB and CA are fearing each other, not to mention facing their own class.
  • IJN Destroyer torpedo are very deadly. It fast travel, high damage, faster reload, long range, and the ship's concealment are good. Fubuki's IJN DD T8, is terrifying versus CA & BB.
  • IJN CV's Striker Set. 72 planes, 6 squadron to control, each squadron had 3 spare squad. No need fear your planes getting shot down, as you have lots before it will wipe out completely. BB, CA and DD need to watch their movement.
  • IJN CA's HE shell, can burn you so easily, while USN and KM, must relied on AP. But fighting BB, USN and KM's CA are less effective than IJN's CA.
  • The result of this, both are just circling around in the back. Naive people like me who just graduated from TIer 6, will the first to die and die and die again. Why ? because we T7 noobs, must abandon our Aggressive behavior/style that we used many times and pride of it, from T1-T6. In T7, you have to be cowards. Losing is not problem at all. The problem are if you got destroyed.

4. Brutal Matchmaking system

• As Tier 7, I will have to face Tier 9, 8, 7, 6, 5. But, on my experience, I got draw more to Tier 7-8-9 match than tier 5-6-7 matches. Like 80% I'm gonna enter high Tier battle. Means, I will die more and more and more, and losing credits more and more and more.

When I wrote this ... I'm in rage, but try to be civil as I could. Again, I think this game are broken pass Tier 7. It's not a game anymore, and It's like Forex Trading. Why ?

In Forex Trading, when you gain something, mean someone out there are losing something. In this game, when you losing credits, means your killers will be the one who gain it.

I am but 1 from (+/-) 20.000 players in Asia server. But, I think I'm gonna refuse playing Tier 7, stop play it after writing this post. I will play Tier 7, if WG change the maintenance and refill cost rate of T7 and above. I hope you reader, should stop playing T7 and above, make those match are harder to find adequate players. Voice your objection to WG, because of that decision making Maintenance very expensive. But if you do love paying that much ... then go, go play it, pay as much as you love to pay those silly number of maintenance and refill cost.

For me, I better play other games than had to play this game with income 10,000/match.

Good thing are, only my USN's reach Tier 6. IJN's and SN still T5-T4. Once all ship reach T6, it will be my finish line.

"But MissMeMiss, you can grinding credits with Tier 6 ?" ... answer = So I have to leveling Tier 7 ship to unlock it's module, then have to find credits with T6 ship ? It's a double works to upgrade a ship.

"MissMeMiss, you have to play better, not die and hit as much, kill as much" ... answer = with this kind of cowards team I always get ? ... Enemy also cowards. What good tactic in Cowards vs Cowards ?

What I'm wrote above, doesn't related to ARP's events. This condition will always goes on even pass 29.Feb.2016

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

• Random Matchmaker, plus matchmaker AI are divide players by skill. Result, good player, or at least, player that had Winning Rate above 50%, will always got bad teammate. To trick this, you have to make your winning rate below 30 % to be matches with good players. Try to kill yourself as much as possible, using TIer 1 ship to make your Winning rate "BAD".

NO.

• Your ship got destroyed, bet it will be minus credits, or just get around 10,000 credits.

Grinding credits / vehicles component is a part of WG games. With this mechanic, it also prevent players on only playing Tier X.

• BB cannon are very effective to kill CA, citadel is above 50% chance. While CA easily burn BB, to the state of 3 burn status. Both BB and CA are fearing each other, not to mention facing their own class.

I agree, BB > CA > DD is not working perfectly on high tiers due to Module Configurations  and Captain Skills.

• IJN Destroyer torpedo are very deadly. It fast travel, high damage, faster reload, long range, and the ship's concealment are good. Fubuki's IJN DD T8, is terrifying versus CA & BB.
  • IJN CA's HE shell, can burn you so easily, while USN and KM, must relied on AP. But fighting BB, USN and KM's CA are less effective than IJN's CA.

They are the portrait of the nation. For HE shell spam, I hope dev will do something in the future.

• IJN CV's Striker Set. 72 planes, 6 squadron to control, each squadron had 3 spare squad. No need fear your planes getting shot down, as you have lots before it will wipe out completely. BB, CA and DD need to watch their movement.

As the Tier of ship goes up, CV receive more planes, vice versa you get better and more AA.

• As Tier 7, I will have to face Tier 9, 8, 7, 6, 5. But, on my experience, I got draw more to Tier 7-8-9 match than tier 5-6-7 matches. Like 80% I'm gonna enter high Tier battle. Means, I will die more and more and more, and losing credits more and more and more.

I believe current MM mechanic has already been improved for this since version 0.4.1, check

"MissMeMiss, you have to play better, not die and hit as much, kill as much" ... answer = with this kind of cowards team I always get ? ... Enemy also cowards. What good tactic in Cowards vs Cowards ?

In my opinion, what you need is a division. A good division has the ability to affect the outcome of a battle.

Having a premium account and a premium ship do make your life easier, why not?

Come on, a company has to do something that can profit. Developers have to feed their families aswell 

If you feels so uncomfortable, just stay in low tiers, it is much more fun with rambo style players.

Getting a Tier X isn't the goal in this game tho.:medal:

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,499 battles

Just stay below tier7 for fun.

Up to tier6, almost everything is balanced, every ship and nation has pros and cons and its actually fun to play.

From tier7 on, you have Ranger, Atlanta, Izumo, the whole USNCA line, all IJNDD except Shimakaze, all these useless garbage lying around.

There`s not much versatility (both ships and players) and people who play solo don`t have much impact on the outcome of the game.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

to tell the the truth, i think where the brutal MM and credit black hole starts is T8.

for the MM:in T7 ships it's pretty often that you get placed in T8 matches.But for T8s we often get puled into T10 matches, why? because the max tier difference that the MM will accept is 2 tiers, and there simply isnt that many T9-10(really not many T9s at all infact) to make a whole team, so usually it's a few T10 killing all T8s in sight and us poor T8s huddleing in fear praying we dont get seen

as for the credit grind: dude, all of us built up our skill from being new players, if you cant really adapt to the new play style in the higher tiers, then i'd suggest you to simply play more rounds, sooner or later you will get the hang of it

but i do agree that there is a problem with T7 ship, the balance of ships are really off at 7. Let's see what kinds of hellish grinds start here at T7 

you have

tin can cola(pencacola: you can now get citadeled by getting hit in the mast)

crapaharu (hatsuharu:not so bad, but IJN DD line starting to really feel the heat of USN and SV DD's starting from here )

craparado(need i say more?)

yorck(even worse before 5.2)

mahan(really? 7.2km detection range?)

ranger(try playing 111 V.S hiryu's 222, trust me,it's fun)

on the other hand, you also have over preforming ships

myoko(this is where the IJN's 203 really starts to show it's power)

nagato(over 10000 difference between the fully upgraded nagato's and colorado's HP)

kiev (better after they nefed it's HP, but still way too OP)

hiryu(can beat the snot out of any ranger it meets)

i know differences in play style between nations are a big part of this game, but T7 really needs to be rebalenced, some ships are just too OP and some are just too UP

21 posts
566 battles

to tell the the truth, i think where the brutal MM and credit black hole starts is T8.

for the MM:in T7 ships it's pretty often that you get placed in T8 matches.But for T8s we often get puled into T10 matches, why? because the max tier difference that the MM will accept is 2 tiers, and there simply isnt that many T9-10(really not many T9s at all infact) to make a whole team, so usually it's a few T10 killing all T8s in sight and us poor T8s huddleing in fear praying we dont get seen

as for the credit grind: dude, all of us built up our skill from being new players, if you cant really adapt to the new play style in the higher tiers, then i'd suggest you to simply play more rounds, sooner or later you will get the hang of it

but i do agree that there is a problem with T7 ship, the balance of ships are really off at 7. Let's see what kinds of hellish grinds start here at T7 

you have

tin can cola(pencacola: you can now get citadeled by getting hit in the mast)

crapaharu (hatsuharu:not so bad, but IJN DD line starting to really feel the heat of USN and SV DD's starting from here )

craparado(need i say more?)

yorck(even worse before 5.2)

mahan(really? 7.2km detection range?)

ranger(try playing 111 V.S hiryu's 222, trust me,it's fun)

on the other hand, you also have over preforming ships

myoko(this is where the IJN's 203 really starts to show it's power)

nagato(over 10000 difference between the fully upgraded nagato's and colorado's HP)

kiev (better after they nefed it's HP, but still way too OP)

hiryu(can beat the snot out of any ranger it meets)

i know differences in play style between nations are a big part of this game, but T7 really needs to be rebalenced, some ships are just too OP and some are just too UP

Yep, agree. Tier 8 people is more than tier 9 and 10.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I thought this was going to happen....

Planning to play till end of January or February, but it's seem my hype of this game already nearly zero. I seldom play more than 4 matches for the last 3 weeks. I just play to get the 1.5x xp from each ship. I dunno if I could finish Myoko-ARP. Was in progress Installing MMO-RPG with Initial BD in US server.

I can accept if the "NEW STYLE" was come from the ship characteristic itself. But that clearly not the case.

As Tier 7 players, when team up with Tier 8 and Tier 9 players, I was hoping them to be my "BIG BROTHER" defending me from those rascal. BUT, it's seem my Big Brother just like stay away and hide on my back, even left me to die.

Their coward attitude not because their ship characteristic, but because it's repair bills.

People who said DD is cowards are fools, because DD had weak armor and low HP. But it fast and torpedo are brutal. It's happen because the ship character is like that.

People who said BB is cowards because not fast enough to be in frontline, is also fools, because BB are slow and less agile if get caught by DD. It's not cowards, but the ship characteristic.

People who said CA is cowards versus BB, is an idiot. Because an obvious reason.

But when the game style change because repair bills ... I don't think its right. It's my opinion, guys. You can diss it, not agree with it and hate it.

If this trend keep going on, I have the feeling, all f2p players like me will stop playing this game on T8. I still agree to some of you who said T7 is not that harsh ... but not all people are hardcore players like you, or, not all people had available lots of time to grind. So for you 100,000/match credits is cheap, but for me, it's an achievement if I could keep scoring 100,000cr/match. Because a T7 ship price around 6,000,000 credits. It's need 2-3 weeks of play for me to be able to get it. Even I buy premium, I can only play this game for maximum 6 match per day. Not make much different. Getting minus, really angered me. Getting 2500xp but only gain 30,000 credits is like an insult.

Again, I'm not play bad, but the system punishing me. And I don't understand people negative over a voice/suggestion for WG to decrease the repair bills. Why you defending it ? Are you that masochist and Stockholm syndrome ? :P

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

but it's seem my hype of this game already nearly zero. 

I think the last game I was truly hyped for was Pokemon Trading Card Game on the GBC.

Guess sometime during my videogame time I decided that being hyped is always a bad thing.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

nope, personally i'd love it if WG decreased the repair bills for higher tier ships, i love to play my amagi, heck this is the only ship that i play not to earn credits, but just for the LOLs of blowing stuff up, and guess what, repair bills on her is 100,000+, if i buy dubblon consumables with credits it adds another 22,000. in a good game (say 80,000+damage, 2-3kills) i would receive about 120,000 credits... it's sad but this game is pay to win, so i just try to hone up my skills and try to get my team to work for me

FYI since i'm a team kind of player, i always try to carry the line and help my teammate push, which usually ends with me dead, which sucks because i can rarely make back the cash i spent cuz the other side loves to shoot a big scary amagi first 

(still love the amagi though)

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,499 battles

nope, personally i'd love it if WG decreased the repair bills for higher tier ships, i love to play my amagi, heck this is the only ship that i play not to earn credits, but just for the LOLs of blowing stuff up, and guess what, repair bills on her is 100,000+, if i buy dubblon consumables with credits it adds another 22,000. in a good game (say 80,000+damage, 2-3kills) i would receive about 120,000 credits... it's sad but this game is pay to win, so i just try to hone up my skills and try to get my team to work for me

FYI since i'm a team kind of player, i always try to carry the line and help my teammate push, which usually ends with me dead, which sucks because i can rarely make back the cash i spent cuz the other side loves to shoot a big scary amagi first 

(still love the amagi though)

IIts not a pay-to-win, theres nothing you can pay to get an advantage over people who don`t pay 'real' money.

More like pay-to-make-earnings.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

prem ship, VIP and dubloons means that you can skip ships(free XP) and you dont have to worry bout sinking so much, letting you have a more aggressive play style, which i consider more fun, but i digress 

21 posts
566 battles

Just stay below tier7 for fun.

Up to tier6, almost everything is balanced, every ship and nation has pros and cons and its actually fun to play.

From tier7 on, you have Ranger, Atlanta, Izumo, the whole USNCA line, all IJNDD except Shimakaze, all these useless garbage lying around.

There`s not much versatility (both ships and players) and people who play solo don`t have much impact on the outcome of the game.

You're so true. Tier 6 is the most balanced tier in this ocean world game.

Since I'm a BB collector, I already have Fuso and New Mexico, they're so powerful and fun, yet good money making.

I can say that I really really can't wait for the British and German BB to come.

SELL WARSPITE PLEASE, AND I WILL BUY IT NOW.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Waiting for Warspite sale also :)

Personally I have no problems at tier 7:

-The Mahan ever since its buff was good, longer ranger torps and 5 guns on its B hull worked for me with advanced firing training - invisi fire all day (when no carriers   are around)

- I still play and enjoy the Pepsicola, despite its tin can armor as it has good turret traverse and better shooting angles that expose its broadside less

-Say COLORADO ("I'm a Giraffe!!!!") is actually pretty good, strong armor, great AA, and hard hitting 16" guns and better turning circle

- Ranger, due to the lack of CV players lately, the Ranger has been pretty fun for me compared to Beta days, many people simply don't know how to avoid my bomb or torpedo attacks and CV sniping is rare these days as CV's focus on damage rather than air cover.

- Myoko - Well balanced ship, but for some reason I ain't playing it much, the turret firing arcs for one thing annoy me at times, having to expose broadsides more to get the full firepower, and the torpedoes are next to useless unless you want to lose your health from a citadel hit

-Hatsuharu - meh, bit slow, torpedoes are no meaningful upgrade from the Mutsuki's and camo is worse too, only thing going for it is the guns compared to the predecessors 

From Tier 8 onwards is where its make or break credit wise, and I've had my fair few $$ loss games at that tier

Edited by Blitzkreig95

575 posts
5,354 battles

Personally, I'm of the opinion that WoWS devs made the tier 7 ships across the board bad to slow people down from plowing ahead into higher tiers. All the while forcing players to improve their play and skills or discourage players from advancing because they didn't bother to actually learn the game's mechanics and/or how to play their chosen class of ships properly. :hiding: