Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YourTarget

Nagato Guide Please?

13 comments in this topic

21 posts
566 battles

I really cannot figure out how to effective play this giant steel. It has a really bad armor. I got citadel hits from a Kongo at angle degree. It seems like this ship has full of citadel all over the ship. Her 410 mm cannon is great (if it manages to hit) the gun is unreliable at long range. The shell spread too much and I can feel by sense that it is very different from my kick-ass shortgun Fuso. Speed is good, feel like old Kongo. All my problem with this ship is its gun and armor.

Please guide me, my forum masters!

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'd assume you're on stock hull, better upgrade it asap..

Fully upgraded its a beast.. Better gun penetration & accuracy, better armour (some said its better than T8 Amagi), better rudder shift and don't forget its fireworks secondaries 

248 posts

yeh the guns are really good.

it just feels very different to the fuso and it takes a while to adjust.

if you think it's thinly armoured and inaccurate wait until you get to Amagi.

it's a downgrade basically. Nagato is the best ship in the line in my opinion

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

nah, Nagato's Armour is nothing compared to Amagi, especially after she got that armor buff(angled towards the back it just shrugs off 410 shells with ease), but anyways , first thing to do is to UPGRADE THE HULL, not only does hull B/C give you a massive boost in Armour, it also replaces your ammo from the WW1 type 89 AP to the awesome WW2 type 91 AP(used up to amagi and izumo), hull B/C will also boost your shot spread and AA by a lot

to play the nagato, you MUST ANGLE, although nagato's armour is pretty good for it's tier, it still cant deal with 410 cal guns very well, but angled (just enough to shoot all your guns) it isnt a easy target to pen.

and that's that, you would play nagato like any other IJN BB (note, nagato's armor still sucks against low cal HE and AP shells, so just try to never show your side 90 degrees to anyone 

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

ur very welcome, and if i may, i'd suggest you start saving up in free XP for the amagi. Stock hull amagi was the most painful grind that i've ever had, it was a credit black hole, and had horrible EVERYTHING, no penn power(type 89 AP), nil range for it's tier(pitiful 18km), zero armor, useless AA, and a rudder shift time that allows you to finish a cup of coffee. but fully upgraded she's a monster (most powerful T8 BB hands down)

91 posts
7,169 battles

I'd assume you're on stock hull, better upgrade it asap..

Fully upgraded its a beast.. Better gun penetration & accuracy, better armour (some said its better than T8 Amagi), better rudder shift and don't forget its fireworks secondaries 

Actually that is my case, I heard many ppl say Amagi is a very strong ship, I do agree with them but somehow my performance in Nagato is way better than Amagi, I got nearly 74k avg dmg with Amagi and 79k with Nagato :D

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

the shot spread on her was never good to begin with, and it might take a while to the new speed of the 410 shells (they are faster then 356). move your aiming a bit closer to the ship and you should hit better

21 posts
566 battles

the shot spread on her was never good to begin with, and it might take a while to the new speed of the 410 shells (they are faster then 356). move your aiming a bit closer to the ship and you should hit better

That is why I prefer US BB over IJN BB. Most US BB has 3 barrel-turret which is really helping at long distance. The shot might spread but at least, there will be one shell that always hit target.

21 posts
566 battles

ur very welcome, and if i may, i'd suggest you start saving up in free XP for the amagi. Stock hull amagi was the most painful grind that i've ever had, it was a credit black hole, and had horrible EVERYTHING, no penn power(type 89 AP), nil range for it's tier(pitiful 18km), zero armor, useless AA, and a rudder shift time that allows you to finish a cup of coffee. but fully upgraded she's a monster (most powerful T8 BB hands down)

Nah, I think Nagato is my final step in this BB line.

After I've heard terrible story about IJN BB tier 7 and above. I'll just leave  my mighty Yamato dream into the deepest dark ocean waiting for the day I've loads of free EXP to grind her.

Edited by YourTarget

Sign in to follow this