Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

High Tier DD action

56 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Anyone notice that, while carriers are not as prevalent as they were back in Beta, if you do happen to play a Destroyer, for me USN but may apply for IJN and Russian as well, that if you end up in a game with 1 or even two high tier carriers, you're kinda screwed..

Reason being that in the cases I've had such games, the CV captains are quite smart, and literally can take you, a DD out of the game simply by flying their fighters over you so that you have no chance of hiding or making a meaningful contribution -  and with the amount of planes the carriers have, the 1 or 2 you may shoot down is a worthwhile loss for them. Also if they are feeling like it, they will send in all the dive bombers they can to roast you so bad even yo mamas cooking smells undercooked, finished with a dessert of torpedoes once you used your repair...

Of course the only two solutions I can think of are

• Hugging cruisers for their AA, which works, but also takes you out as a useful ship as you won't be able to use torps and barely use your guns since Cruisers guns outrange torps or your own guns
  • Or...install the AA © hull and equip AA bombard for ships like the Mahan upwards, which works to stop dive bombers wrecking you, but still doesn't solve the problem of getting spotted. The loss of smokescreen is also a huge pain as 2/3 games nowadays have no carriers at all for me lolz

Unless there is something I missed, I guess I'll have to hope the enemy CV isn't smart..

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I would care about CVs keeping me spotted, but since I'm generally perma spotted in anything that isn't a JP DD...

Well, it would be kinda pointless...

Bacon bless the aggressive playstyles.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Anyone notice that, while carriers are not as prevalent as they were back in Beta, if you do happen to play a Destroyer, for me USN but may apply for IJN and Russian as well, that if you end up in a game with 1 or even two high tier carriers, you're kinda screwed..

Reason being that in the cases I've had such games, the CV captains are quite smart, and literally can take you, a DD out of the game simply by flying their fighters over you so that you have no chance of hiding or making a meaningful contribution -  and with the amount of planes the carriers have, the 1 or 2 you may shoot down is a worthwhile loss for them. Also if they are feeling like it, they will send in all the dive bombers they can to roast you so bad even yo mamas cooking smells undercooked, finished with a dessert of torpedoes once you used your repair...

Of course the only two solutions I can think of are

• Hugging cruisers for their AA, which works, but also takes you out as a useful ship as you won't be able to use torps and barely use your guns since Cruisers guns outrange torps or your own guns
  • Or...install the AA © hull and equip AA bombard for ships like the Mahan upwards, which works to stop dive bombers wrecking you, but still doesn't solve the problem of getting spotted. The loss of smokescreen is also a huge pain as 2/3 games nowadays have no carriers at all for me lolz

Unless there is something I missed, I guess I'll have to hope the enemy CV isn't smart..

You're absolutely right about that. Had it happen today while in my Farragut. Luckily, I have the AA hull. I had 2 diver bomber squadrons attack me; however, I was able to avoid any hits. I did kill his fighter squadron circling me at which point, I popped smoke stopped and disappeared. The battle was over by that point as we'd lost. I spent nearly 5 minutes or more doing nothing but dodging bombs, incoming fire from 2 CAs and 1 BB.

67 posts
2,760 battles

thought about this I collected all the cv of IJN and USN but when I wear a full upgrades USN think t6 although still not comparable with full upgrades t6 IJN 3squad figter vs 2 squad figter and they come continuously while USNcv only carry a limited plane12509518_932180960205128_272314516837914

Edited by mamnu_matsada12

1,125 posts

I won't talk about CV ... they been nerf a lot already.

and all those nerf has filter out unskill player, leave only a handful, skillful and smarty one.

aside form shimakaze who tend to minus your credit, high tier IJNDD are ... SLOW!!  fubuki, kagero.... 35 knot... that's a cruiser speed! not a destroyer!!

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have kept A RECORD of my cv battles while I'm playing tier 8-9 russian DD.

Of the last 100 of these battles, 96 times the enemy team has used his planes to spot me.

2 times, my teams cv has used their planes to spot enemy DD's.

2 times, both teams cv's have used their planes to spot DD's.

TWO TIMES....! WTH?.

Yes, I have also noticed that every time I play my udaloi, and there is a CV in the game, I cannot cap a point, because the planes are used to spot me, (hard enough to cap using a russian DD WITHOUT planes).

If I rush to a cap at start and there are planes, it has not ended well, ever.

And this is why I global chat "Welcome to world of warplanes" at the start of every 2 cv per team, battle. The sky at tier 8-10 is chockers with planes.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I won't talk about CV ... they been nerf a lot already.

and all those nerf has filter out unskill player, leave only a handful, skillful and smarty one.

aside form shimakaze who tend to minus your credit, high tier IJNDD are ... SLOW!!  fubuki, kagero.... 35 knot... that's a cruiser speed! not a destroyer!!

shimikaze more than makes up for it. 20 km torps are longer range than most main guns....including some BB's....and you get to attack while invisible.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I really have to say iChase nailed it, and hope the Devs listen

Haha mate.

Anytime someone posted in (Especially here, Asia forum - Don't ask me why, ask the Ze Blues and Reds) pointed out there's something wrong with the game, the answer is usually the following:

- Everything in this game is fine

- The devs is working on it

- Wait till X.X

- This is an unfinished game (Despite releasing it and putting more Premium ships in the game faster than regular branches)

- Get Gud

- Whining

- Ungrateful

- You don't understand the game

- Etc.

Basically, wherever there's a problem, it's not the game, it MUST be your own issue. None of their business.

Which as you can imagine, is totally healthy for a game that is barely qualified for release and charging people money.

And for that, good luck.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

View PostArchitakuVNN, on 23 January 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

I don't think carriers are pretty much a threat now. Look:

To be fair, to the OP, he said high tiers. A tier 5 DD encountering Tier 4 as their opfor is not really a comparison!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

To be fair, to the OP, he said high tiers. A tier 5 DD encountering Tier 4 as their opfor is not really a comparison!

View PostArchitakuVNN, on 23 January 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

You need to have your eyes checked...

Trust me most of the peoples not going to count Tier 5 as HIGH Tier :trollface:

Did you ever got spotted all day long with Midway fighter squad guess what you not going to be happy :D:D:D

253 posts

Trust me most of the peoples not going to count Tier 5 as HIGH Tier :trollface:

Did you ever got spotted all day long with Midway fighter squad guess what you not going to be happy :D:D:D

Ah yeah... With my Benson. As long as i know where to go, it's all gonna be okay. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Haha mate.

Anytime someone posted in (Especially here, Asia forum - Don't ask me why, ask the Ze Blues and Reds) pointed out there's something wrong with the game, the answer is usually the following:

Yea i do understand :D:D:D

40 posts

Ah yeah... With my Benson. As long as i know where to go, it's all gonna be okay. 

High tiers are depopulated of CVs. Mix in that most carrier players even on tier VIII and IX can be such potatoes that they still don't know how to properly ride a carrier (I could link you a Midway on EU with 30k average damage, dunno if I can now though since profiles can be turned private) and yeah I do awesomely well in Benson too, because your biggest menace really knows how to nullify you 1 out of 10 matches.

BTW, I can understand your unstopable desire to brag about your skils, but please, do not use a single match as the basis for a whole stance.

Edit: Is this an alternate account?

Edited by HyperDenpaChan

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Exactly what i meant, lower tiers are fine, but the high tier T8+ are only skilled players and are a nightmare for DD players

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Exactly what i meant, lower tiers are fine, but the high tier T8+ are only skilled players and are a nightmare for DD players

But what if... 

*Looks to the left and right*

... there's a skilled DD player? :ohmy:

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

What? they ban you here for posting sword art online gifs?

The moderator simply said that it wasn't PG-13. Guess we have to keep this area family friendly. :P
Edited by EnochIsHere

Sign in to follow this