Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kusugawa_Sasara

Can Sims get a 1944 hull?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts

Well, first of all I apologize for my bad English. :P

So I visited wiki for more info on Sims,cause as you can see,most USN DD have bofors in last hull,then I found out that Sims do have a 1944 version with 

it just basically replace the aa armament on Sims right now,the .50 machine upgrade to Oerlikon,and the Oerlikon mounted now upgrade to bofors.

And another things is that Sims is using Mk37 GFCS,the model is like the same one on Gearing.

Just wonder if this could happen....:hiding: thanks.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I'm hoping they save this upgraded configuration for another mini American destroyer line, or as an alternative to the Mahan. I never did like the fact that the Sims, a mass-produced ship, was limited to pre-order only.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

The way i see it, it's not really useful even if sims received a new hull with the bofers, a DD's AA simply dont do enough damage to make a difference, i've got the same 40MM guns on my wica (polish T7 DD) and i can tell you that they dont do a damn

Beta Tester
4 posts

I'm hoping they save this upgraded configuration for another mini American destroyer line, or as an alternative to the Mahan. I never did like the fact that the Sims, a mass-produced ship, was limited to pre-order only.

Since HMS didn't even have a tech tree,So I think another line for USN is not possible by now. and this DD Lo-Yang is the frist ship of benson class...

Beta Tester
4 posts

The way i see it, it's not really useful even if sims received a new hull with the bofers, a DD's AA simply dont do enough damage to make a difference, i've got the same 40MM guns on my wica (polish T7 DD) and i can tell you that they dont do a damn

Didn't expect that AA’s poor damage can do something to tier7 CV's plane, well...I just thought mk37 and 40mm looks pretty good.

Sign in to follow this