Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusin_Rage

Dissappearing ships

21 comments in this topic

31 posts
7,902 battles

Since the last patch I am having ships doing weird things like disappearing well within detection range and NO smoke and not just DD's things like Fuso's and New Mexicos just up and vanish in front of me to be detected again when they fire.

No Islands, No Smoke and I dont think its the players or my connection other ships are not disappearing on the map, I think its something funky with the game.

Anyone else getting this?

Cheers Crusin

181 posts
905 battles

and possibly a dx-diag or a break down of his PC hardware, it could be PC related and not game or update related or ISP related (shockingly haha) I know i had graphical errors with ships and cursors before I moved to a newer stable PC platform.

219 posts
3,348 battles

Yep....most definitely.

One minute it's there then *BLINK* ...gone, only to re-appear a few seconds later.

Like you....no smoke, no hiding behind islands.....they just vanish!

Lag, perhaps?

248 posts

yeh i'm seeing fusos and nagatos just vanish 10kms from me.

i was assuming it's a commander thing, but it seems ridiculous

that a massive battleship would be hard to detect 10 clicks away.

it makes the game feel childish when stuff disappears and re-appears in 5 second intervals.

it has a very comedic feel.

and no it cannot be lag. 

i play with a 150+ ping every single day of the week [on a good day actually].

and you know when you have lost connection to the server,

cos all ships stop moving. if they're moving you're connected

and you should get the info about the ship.

Edited by fuzzjunky

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,384 battles

Since the last patch I am having ships doing weird things like disappearing well within detection range and NO smoke and not just DD's things like Fuso's and New Mexicos just up and vanish in front of me to be detected again when they fire.

No Islands, No Smoke and I dont think its the players or my connection other ships are not disappearing on the map, I think its something funky with the game.

Cheers Crusin

Check your hardisk usage, when you are having this issue

I got this problem before because of BT download

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

dunno, i have noted things like that happening but i just shrug it off to probs in my lap top or wifi... perhaps there's something more fishy going on here?  

219 posts
3,348 battles

Check your hardisk usage, when you are having this issue

I got this problem before because of BT download

Absolutely nothing else running in the background....totally inactive.

Not only happens with ships but also aircraft icons....they blink out then reappear yet the hasn't changed.

31 posts
7,902 battles

I dont think anyone is up to anything in the game, and I have a pretty good PC for playing competitive battlefield. the game doesn't seem that graphically demanding on systems to be creating a choke point or throttling on my system.

From Afterburner while in game GPU usage never above 50% at peak CPU usage Never above 40% usage Ram Usage at 45%

There are a lot of people getting it so I defiantly feel its something with the game, I have that little running on my system when I game I don't even video record anything, so sorry no pics or video of it

575 posts
5,354 battles

Here's an example of ships disappearing. You'll see a

just vanishing and reappearing after it fires then blinks out. I saw this a moment ago and thought this was the best example of what I've seen and others are reporting.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Here's an example of ships disappearing. You'll see a

just vanishing and reappearing after it fires then blinks out. I saw this a moment ago and thought this was the best example of what I've seen and others are reporting.

He's laying down a smoke screen, but he's still moving at full speed so he's moving out of the smoke every few seconds. He was the ship spotting the Tirpitz so when he disappears into the smoke he will also lose vision of the Tirpitz.

It works both ways so if you're within detection range you will be detected every few seconds. :D

Edited by EnochIsHere

575 posts
5,354 battles

He's laying down a smoke screen, but he's still moving at full speed so he's moving out of the smoke every few seconds. He was the ship spotting the Tirpitz so when he disappears into the smoke he will also lose vision of the Tirpitz.

It works both ways so if you're within detection range you will be detected every few seconds. :D

I didn't see him laying smoke. It was still on cooldown. I'll have to rewatch that to see if that's what he was doing.

Okay, he was; however he didn't stop moving and is moving forward the smoke doesn't always block line of sight from the smoking ship when it is moving forward. Either way, this is an example of what I've seen and others reporting how it appears when they vanish. I was in my Hipper when a Natago at 10km did that and there were no DDs or smoke capable ships any where near me or the target. It just simply vanished for 3 to 5 seconds and reappeared.

Edited by RebelliousYankee

248 posts

pet hate

when ur tracking a ship going behind an island, for ages,

and there's a gap coming up where you can get a shot,

when it gets to the gap it disappears,

then as soon as it's behind another island it re-appears again.

either i have detected it or not,

why is it that as soon as i can have a shot, it magically undetects????

[this is with any ships, not DD's - happened with a Yamato today]

Edited by fuzzjunky

331 posts
17,063 battles

one problem does the Tirptz even have a smokescreen since I don't have one i don't know for sure but AFIK frm the reviews I have seen they never mentioned a smokescreen. the only other thing i can think of is a DD laying smoke but you should see the smoke screen then and possibly the DD laying smoke.

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

one problem does the Tirptz even have a smokescreen since I don't have one i don't know for sure but AFIK frm the reviews I have seen they never mentioned a smokescreen. the only other thing i can think of is a DD laying smoke but you should see the smoke screen then and possibly the DD laying smoke.

The tier 8 premium Soviet cruiser has a smokescreen, not the Tirpitz. If you're talking about the video, then it was the DD player who was laying down smoke outside the detection range of his ship :D.
Edited by EnochIsHere

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Not lag? check

Not ISP problem? check

Not the game feature? check

Not Game server? check

that's your freaking Hardware!!

61 posts
2,625 battles

It's the Philadelphia experiment.  It's claimed it never happened, but did it?! :ohmy: 

Actually I think it is part of software already coded in view of 5.5 where weather phenomena will influence dect range too - which I for the more realistic environment appreciate highly :)

As soon as this gets in effect I´ll enjoy the game much more - sneak upon CA/BB/CV covered in a rain-shower, torp them at short range and back into the shower...

Or even with BB like New York, going in into gun-range at a Fuso without beeing detected and Citadel....

A game which is more realistic also encourages / demands more brain of the players AND MORE TEAMWORK !

Therefore WOWS also should consider daytime / Sun´s / Moon´s Position and adapt dect-range accordingly, e.g. if sun low and in enemys line of sight behind You, Your dect range should increase by at least 25%. Vice versa the dect range decrease for the enemy ship by same

Edited by BBcaptain008

Sign in to follow this