Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Hello WG Can I have my money back on the Misaka?

12 comments in this topic

[AE]
200 posts
9,481 battles

I know it doesn't cost much... but the ship's main battery makes it a joke.

The vast majority of kills I get with this ship are from the secondaries. (Quite nice I might say, but you don't buy a ship for its secondaries).

The CEP is supposed to be 143m. Simply not like that in game. I am perfectly capable of hitting a ship in a tier 5 ship at 15km, but I my last match in this ship, I fired 48 shots at Tier 1 ships, at an average range of 2 to 3.5km. Four hits. That was on the enemy Misaka (Its a fat ship). I was unable to land a single main gun round on an enemy Erie, Hermi or other at a range where the round is in the air for approx. two seconds. Out of the muzzle, and MISS. The vast majority either dropped short, or flew over. In one case two rounds from one turret fell either end of an enemy broadside (ie one passed aft, and one fore). That was at 1.3km. I hit two of our ships however. One of my rounds hit one teammate each, in both cases a full shiplength away from an intended target. Just stupid.

Seriously, how does a 12 inch gun, with supporting tech gear (Optics etc) miss at less than 3km? All the other secondaries, and all the other 3-5 inch guns in these tiers hit MOST of the time.

I average 3 times more damage in my Hermi than I do in this ship.

575 posts
5,354 battles

I know it doesn't cost much... but the ship's main battery makes it a joke.

The vast majority of kills I get with this ship are from the secondaries. (Quite nice I might say, but you don't buy a ship for its secondaries).

The CEP is supposed to be 143m. Simply not like that in game. I am perfectly capable of hitting a ship in a tier 5 ship at 15km, but I my last match in this ship, I fired 48 shots at Tier 1 ships, at an average range of 2 to 3.5km. Four hits. That was on the enemy Misaka (Its a fat ship). I was unable to land a single main gun round on an enemy Erie, Hermi or other at a range where the round is in the air for approx. two seconds. Out of the muzzle, and MISS. The vast majority either dropped short, or flew over. In one case two rounds from one turret fell either end of an enemy broadside (ie one passed aft, and one fore). That was at 1.3km. I hit two of our ships however. One of my rounds hit one teammate each, in both cases a full shiplength away from an intended target. Just stupid.

Seriously, how does a 12 inch gun, with supporting tech gear (Optics etc) miss at less than 3km? All the other secondaries, and all the other 3-5 inch guns in these tiers hit MOST of the time.

I average 3 times more damage in my Hermi than I do in this ship.

This is why mine is rusting away in my port. I'll never play it again because its main guns are absolutely the worst of any BB in-game.

331 posts
17,072 battles

Really? that bad? I find its a fun ship

if you manage to surprise someone and get them in the 3km zone of hail it can sink nearly anything even stlouises

I think the Farragut's guns are worse

So how can you hit a target at 15 km but not at 5 km  usually its the other way around. I guess RNGesus was against you in that battle.

It wasn't just the yanks who had the designs being built the japanese had the Satuma class  but had problems with the guns and everyone else was  working once the dreadnaought was commissioned

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This is why mine is rusting away in my port. I'll never play it again because its main guns are absolutely the worst of any BB in-game.

Just like the real one, then :p

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So... you bought a ship that was advertised for it's secondaries, but you don't want a ship that relies

on secondaries... right...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Funny thing really. OP mentioned that you don't buy a ship for its secondary armaments.

Mikasa is a pre-dreadnought battleships. The primary armament of a pre-dread is its massive array of smaller calibre guns mounted on its sides, whereas the secondary guns are the turreted long range guns, meant for bombarding enemy ships to deal damage before the side-mounted guns sink them. As such, the Mikasa in-game performs exactly as how it should. Just that in this game, we control the turrets, not the side mounted guns.

Sign in to follow this