You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bukey

Got 2 questions

11 comments in this topic

95 posts
1,563 battles

1. I have been a CA and a BB captain since the start you can see that in my stats but recently I started to play DD's which I kind of fell in love with at tier 5 right now but I still have a question how do I maximize my torp hit rate which spread is good wide or narrow ( I have watched almost all the youtube videos ) can you guys give me some pointers on this matter ?
  2. How do you become a tester for the game ?
Edited by Bukey

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

It depends on the situation. Usually, when you engage enemy ship at close range, you might want to change it to narrow. Long range... If the enemy ship keeps sailing in straight line, make it narrow. But if you are not sure about him maintaining his direction or maybe there is a whole group of enemy ships heading in the same direction, make it wide.

And how to be a tester?... Too late, mate!

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

what kind of tester? supertester? if so apply for the supertester recruitment here in forum. not sure if it's still available now though

Already ended months ago. 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

will there be another wave of recruitment? for testers?

Depends on what the brass and Conan have to say. If there is a need, be it dire or replacements, then he'll start a recruitment run.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

1. I have been a CA and a BB captain since the start you can see that in my stats but recently I started to play DD's which I kind of fell in love with at tier 5 right now but I still have a question how do I maximize my torp hit rate which spread is good wide or narrow ( I have watched almost all the youtube videos ) can you guys give me some pointers on this matter ?

- Avoid launching torpedos near planes,they may get spotted by it. There is a concealment rating for torpedoes

- 55-ish knots torpedoes are not that effective even at med - long range. personally prefer 65 knots + :D

- Use Smoke / terrain as your advantage to set an ambush, sometimes you may go for a banzai rush, but don't forget the magic zone (anything in 2km are forced to be spotted by enemy, 3km if the enemy has T.A.S mod on Tier 8)

- Dont rely on the lead indicator that much (Grey zone when you are in aiming mode) as they will turn when engaging. Predict the enemies movement, you can observe ur enemy's back turrent to guess they will turn left or right.

- For the usage of wide spread, assuming u have a quadtube. Launch 1 on the left of the grey zone and 1 on the right, try to overlap 2 torps in each salvo in the grey zone, however RNG is involved (RNG is a big factor in this game)

- Narrow spread often can be used to against BB / CV as their turn rate is relatively slow.

-Try to learn the pattern of when and where you will drop the torps, what your enemies often will do when in a certain situation. After you know all this, you can drop your torpedoes randomly without waiting for them to pop up and hope for a hit or two.

For reference  :medal:

Edited by R3negade

95 posts
1,563 battles

- Avoid launching torpedos near planes,they may get spotted by it. There is a concealment rating for torpedoes

- 55-ish knots torpedoes are not that effective even at med - long range. personally prefer 65 knots + :D

- Use Smoke / terrain as your advantage to set an ambush, sometimes you may go for a banzai rush, but don't forget the magic zone (anything in 2km are forced to be spotted by enemy, 3km if the enemy has T.A.S mod on Tier 8)

- Dont rely on the lead indicator that much (Grey zone when you are in aiming mode) as they will turn when engaging. Predict the enemies movement, you can observe ur enemy's back turrent to guess they will turn left or right.

- For the usage of wide spread, assuming u have a quadtube. Launch 1 on the left of the grey zone and 1 on the right, try to overlap 2 torps in each salvo in the grey zone, however RNG is involved (RNG is a big factor in this game)

- Narrow spread often can be used to against BB / CV as their turn rate is relatively slow.

-Try to learn the pattern of when and where you will drop the torps, what your enemies often will do when in a certain situation. After you know all this, you can drop your torpedoes randomly without waiting for them to pop up and hope for a hit or two.

For reference  :medal:

nice thx