You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

More Branches in the Tech Tree? Has this diversity been considered?

15 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

HEY THERE CAP'NS & GOOD DAY! :honoring:

I was playing a couple of rounds today and looked up the Tech tree and I got to thinking... Has anyone considered more branches on the tree?

What I'm saying is the for Cruisers for example we see a shift from Light Cruisers to Heavy Cruisers after Tier 5+, or usually those types that carry 203s at least... I was thinking that there could be Light/Scout cruisers that branch off from T5+... and there'd be a pure CL player that can have a boat all the way to T10...

Battleships could also have this branch-off as well but I'm not so sure how to pull this off... I mean the Germans do have the BattleCruisers... and the IJN had those "Battle-Carrier-Thingies" I have no idea if the USN or the RN had any BattleCruisers to speak of...

I dunno about Destroyers tho, there already a handful as it is... I can't imagine how any more diverse can they get...

But you know what I mean? Has this been placed on the Idea Table? Is this being considered? or has this been relegated to the scrap bin? It'd be a shame if it did... A lot of diversity could enhance the game's value..

MUCH THANKS FOR THE READ! HAPPY HUNTING!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

tl;dr yes it has. 

Remember that this game is less than a year old, and haven't had all the nation trees populated yet. Look at World of Tanks - multiple lines per nation everywhere.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

WG was talking about more branches to the tech trees, things like Light Cruisers, Battle Cruiser etc, but we are a long way from having this. Would be looking closer to middle of 2017 before enough countries and ship models were done before the split could take place.

580 posts
1,587 battles

tl;dr yes it has. 

Remember that this game is less than a year old, and haven't had all the nation trees populated yet. Look at World of Tanks - multiple lines per nation everywhere.

I know, and I'm probably asking for too much but I just wanted to know... I just looked up on the net and looking at "Ise" she could bring up a whole different ball game to the battle... I'll let WG run their course, just glad that they're eyeing this...

WG was talking about more branches to the tech trees, things like Light Cruisers, Battle Cruiser etc, but we are a long way from having this. Would be looking closer to middle of 2017 before enough countries and ship models were done before the split could take place.

Hopefully I'll still be playing around by then... but then again I did stick by an old online boat game for 5 years I think and they didn't even put up much new content as frequently as WG did so it kinda looks good...

Thanks for your replies the both of you... RNGesus bless you...

1,162 posts

Battleships could also have this branch-off as well but I'm not so sure how to pull this off... I mean the Germans do have the BattleCruisers... and the IJN had those "Battle-Carrier-Thingies" I have no idea if the USN or the RN had any BattleCruisers to speak of...

I think its Aviation Battleship?

It will make the managing stuff like a hell tho but its sounds exciting indeed. A battleship with an airstrike force. Sounds awesome.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Aviation battleships? Like Ise and Hyuga? I don't think it's possible in this game.

We'll never know, hybrids were featured in an online game in the past... and that game had manual aiming done by the keyboard and manual flight also by keyboard... and she was well received by players... Could be quite a game-bringer if they could be present...
Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

We'll never know, hybrids were featured in an online game in the past... and that game had manual aiming done by the keyboard and manual flight also by keyboard... and she was well received by players... Could be quite a game-bringer if they could be present...

And i would never play that hybrid kind of ship. It would be soooooo confusing trying to figure out what i should do, be a carrier or be a battleship??? :hmm:

580 posts
1,587 battles

And i would never play that hybrid kind of ship. It would be soooooo confusing trying to figure out what i should do, be a carrier or be a battleship??? :hmm:

Now that I think about it I see what you mean... Even the interface would be dizzying switching from Bird's eye view to Normal view every few seconds... but wouldn't that be something if a player was able to pull both off? It's not impossible but d*mn operating one effectively would be a hard case...

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Now that I think about it I see what you mean... Even the interface would be dizzying switching from Bird's eye view to Normal view every few seconds... but wouldn't that be something if a player was able to pull both off? It's not impossible but d*mn operating one effectively would be a hard case...

Well, that's the point. But who ever can do that, i would bow down before him.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Well, that's the point. But who ever can do that, i would bow down before him.

if you think about it, current cv control is much more on plane than the ship. In ship control you can only turn the ship as the sole control. No guns since its all secondary but it would be possible to copy cv code strings and battleship's (same as tue gameplay of the popular ww2 game where you can shoot cv's gun and control your planes) to make a bbv interface but I think their plane are much less in numbers and squadrons since the have limited planes(might only be 2-3 per squadron or maybe less or 1) 

450 posts
7,896 battles

the developers did make a new branch, it's called the "give me you money branch". In the future, there will be three more, making up to four branches like "premium DD", "Premium CA", "Premium BB" and "Premium CV".

451 posts
6,946 battles

I think the BBV concept is doable; their planes can have limited power and speed compared to standard scout planes and bombers, however they have nice recon abilities. To offset that maybe they may be limited in the repair party consumable, or have considerably worse dispersion to balance it out