You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Random743

Which is the best premium cruiser?

30 comments in this topic

4 posts

Hi guys, im thinking of getting a premium cruiser. Can anyone help me make a choice? Im deciding whether murmansk, atlanta or atago. Which is best suited for its tier and grinds lots of credits? :)

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

For credit grinding and good fun the Murmansk is an easy recommendation since it's priced pretty well too.

The Atlanta is pretty rough to play given its range, slow shell travel time and fragile nature. The Atago is a very strong tier 8 cruiser but not really recommended for relatively inexperienced players since you'll be up against high tier players more often than not.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

1 more vote for murmansk, it's cheap and it's easy to play, I have over 500k xp on the murmansk, it's a great ship for grinding credits and elited xp as well. (also wrong forum section) 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Moved to appropriate forum.

For easy play, Murmansk. For an experienced player looking to get into ranked utility as well, Atago. Don't touch the Atlanta - it requires a lot of experience to play.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Oh lol. its tier 4 right?

That she is.

Wut?... Really?

Great guns, good AA, good mobility, Yolo/Ambush torpedoes.

The only better tier IV premium ship is Iwaki.

Not because she's so blatantly OP, but because she's so blatantly rare that nobody knows what to expect.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

That she is.

Great guns, good AA, good mobility, Yolo/Ambush torpedoes.

The only better tier IV premium ship is Iwaki.

Not because she's so blatantly OP, but because she's so blatantly rare that nobody knows what to expect.

Naw... I don't like her at all... Engine that is too prone to damage. Terrible torpedo firing arc.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Murmansk hands down, at Tier 5 she can be anybody's nightmare. She's easy on the creds too in regards to post battle repair and her rewards post battle will have you swimming in creds...

I wouldn't know about the Atago but a Tier 8 she might require a more experienced player...

The Atlanta is a make or break boat, I have one and she's quite alright but needs alot to get working had to deal with that limited range but now that I've got a skilled captain with AFT she's doing pretty well... heck a little too well at times...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Naw... I don't like her at all... Engine that is too prone to damage. Terrible torpedo firing arc.

Highly accurate  12km range guns (2x2).

>Complains about torpedoes

Great support cruiser.

>Complains about low survivability

Once upon a time I was granted use of the G3 rifle.

Gleefully I laughed at others with their puny G36s with 5.56mm rounds.

My rifle was more accurate, had better range and could penetrate almost every cover.

Then we went into urban exercises and there I stood between a group of people with G36s.

G3 shouldered and pistol readied.

The moral of this lil' story is simple.

I love my G3, and while I don't dislike the G36, I do think it's a worse rifle in almost every situation.

However disliking it or not doesn't change the fact that it's a way better allrounder rifle than the G3.

I.e. used correctly it's just as good as the G3 or better. (Mechanical flaws aside)

Similiarly the Murmansk is a good ship, but the difference lies in the detail.

It's a good ship alright, but it's just that, it's not OP either.

What makes the difference between Murmansk and Yuubari is that the Murmansk is easy to learn and hard to master.

Meanwhile Yuubari is hard to learn but easy to master.

That means that, yes, you can take a Murmansk out, kill some ships left&right, but then you need knowledge about other ships,

about turn rates and a lot of situational awareness.

Otherwise you'll get blown out of the water by BBs and CLs/CAs rather quickly, because be it the Omaha or Murmansk,

a single BB AP salvo into the side will cause heavy (or deadly) damage and frontally they eat a lot of damage from full HE salvos.

Yuubari on the other hand demands a fairly high amount of knowledge from the start.

You need to know how to hit targets even at long range. (15.4km firing range with AFT ftw)

You need to know that sometimes focusing on dodging and just having one gun on the target is more important.

You need to know where to sail to intercept aircrafts without being to far away from the front line.

And more... and all that already includes the stuff ships like the Murmansk (or for example St. Louis) require to be mastered.

Mastering Yuubari just involves stuff like minimising the seconds you only have 1 gun aimed in on targets while dodging.

(I.e. small +1% efficiency stuff)

Long story short:

Disliking a ship does not equal to it being a bad ship.

40 posts

Bit in the end a premium is about making money and captain retraining. I have Yuubari, enjoyed her ups and downs during development and am quite satisfied with her now but I'd still recomend Murmansk to any average joe a thousand times over Yuubari. You'll get much better results, faster and with less stress.

Plus she's cheap.

Now, why am I talking about Yuubari when you won't be able to purchase her for now?

Edited by HyperDenpaChan

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

If you like the Omaha, Murmansk is the ship for you, it has better torpedo range than an Omaha though it has a scout plane rather than a fighter so overall its AA is lesser but still good.

Overall Murmansk is good value for money for its performance.

Atago is still a very powerful heavy cruisers (still considered to be the best heavy cruiser class built in WW2) and she has the repair Party to allow it to heal back some of the damage received. Atago unlike the Murmansk, requires some skill as at that tier you will meet anyway up to tier X ships.

Overall Atago is a very good Heavy Cruiser if you like playing higher tier games.

Remember, in the end it also boils down to if you want a prem ship to train your RU captain or IJN captain. Both cruisers are very good for its price.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Now, why am I talking about Yuubari when you won't be able to purchase her for now?

Damnit... you're like Shyamalan, revealing the twist in the beginning of the movie. <.<

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Bit in the end a premium is about making money and captain retraining. I have Yuubari, enjoyed her ups and downs during development and am quite satisfied with her now but I'd still recomend Murmansk to any average joe a thousand times over Yuubari. You'll get much better results, faster and with less stress.

Plus she's cheap.

What? How could a "Member" titled user get a Yuubari? You have 2 accounts?

4 posts

Okay thank you all for your overwhelming response:). seems like most of you like the murmansk for lower tier and atago for higher tier:) Personally i might choose murmansk because im not really that experienced but not noob too:) LOL 

52 posts

Murmansk is the only good bargain you could get right now on the prem shop.

All this Yubari talks really makes me want to get her more than ever ( too bad she's no longer on sale "maybe forever")

40 posts

Murmansk is the only good bargain you could get right now on the prem shop.

All this Yubari talks really makes me want to get her more than ever ( too bad she's no longer on sale "maybe forever")

Yuubari is for enthusiasts really. You can have fun with her, yeah, but you gotta love the ship too, at least from my point of view.

To those asking about my colour, I'm from EU server, Alpha. Came here because reasons.

Edited by HyperDenpaChan

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

If I remember correctly it's just like it was (supposed to be) in WoT.

Pre-order only for the first year or so post release, then available again in the prem store for everyone.

Yuubari is for enthusiasts really. You can have fun with her, yeah, but you gotta love the ship too, at least from my point of view.

Pretty much, like I wrote, hard to learn, easy to master.

I.e. not everyone's cup of tea.