You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arbelisk

Australian warships and other international ships

57 comments in this topic

[BLKFT]
1 post
2,663 battles

I suppose that it may seem like I'm being a crybaby on this topic but in the whole of the wargaming community there is not one Australian tank, plane or ship. i mean war thunder have at least two Australian planes in their lineup. what about WoW does the same for Aussie warships. i mean we've had battle cruisers and others of the like especially in ww2. we had the indefatigable class battle cruiser, the County heavy cruiser and the Leander class light cruiser, all served, all saw action in both pacific and Atlantic theaters and there after.

All i'm saying is give credit where credit is due. and besides if the make them limited premium id buy them all, without question.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The Royal Navy is still in production and since most of the RAN ships were Royal Navy classes I guess we would see them closer to the release of the Royal Navy tree (soontm). 

Then again WG could also just throw in a premium RAN ship at any time so theres that if they're feeling generous.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Since we have the Emden, I'd love the addition of the HMAS Sydney since they share a piece of history together.

+1 I was hoping they would surprise us with HMAS Sydeny.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

RN cruiser line is next to be released. COZ WE NEED MOAR CRUISERS.

NZ had the Achilles. And the Bob Semple tank. And Richard Pearce. And Captain Mudfart.

Don't forget Shrek the overgrown woolly sheep.

P.S.  Poor Captain Mudfart, gone from the charts, but not from our hearts:P

695 posts
2,153 battles

Tanks is getting 1 AU tank (Soon TM)   As for Boats it depends on what prem ships of similar class there are in RN that match what WG want to do with the game.  The game is a lot bigger than Australia, we need to fill in the normal lines first.  If you want AU ships, post in the suggestions thread.  The numbers of NICE posts will help the most, as a wave of numbers may help more.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The sad thing is that the Australian market is way smaller than the Asian ones - hence why we see vehicles catering to China/Asia first rather than Australia

219 posts
3,348 battles

I suppose that it may seem like I'm being a crybaby on this topic but in the whole of the wargaming community there is not one Australian tank, plane or ship....... we've had battle cruisers and others of the like especially in ww2. we had the indefatigable class battle cruiser, the County heavy cruiser and the Leander class light cruiser, all served, all saw action in both pacific and Atlantic theaters and there after.

We have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing an ANZAC ship in this game and we can keep suggesting it until the cows come home.

With the core market being the Orient then those of us in Oceania are on a losing streak.

178 posts
3,793 battles

We will see ANZAC ships but it will be in it's Royal Navy guise.  As stated, there's just not enough of us playing to make it worth while to have our ships in game.  We will get the light and heavy cruiser but not sure about the Indefatigable battle cruiser.  I think I'd rather have HMS Tiger as a battle cruiser as it was as nice looking boat. 

168 posts
5,663 battles

I would really hope that any RAN ships (which would no doubt he premiums) would come under the RN branch so that we can swap commanders around.

Actually something I would like to see that would resolve lots of this and be fun too is an option to customise the name of your ship by replacing it with the name of any historical ship of the same class.

People who don't like it could have a client side option to show default names only.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

There is a mod floating around Thingol that does just what you ask for, you'll need to google it though, only seen it mentioned.

We may get Australian ships in game if the Pan Asian tech tree includes Asian Pacfic counties. Since The two new ships are just reskins, and the majority of Australian ships were British or American, no reason why we could not have a few reskins ourself!!

168 posts
5,663 battles

There is a mod floating around Thingol that does just what you ask for, you'll need to google it though, only seen it mentioned.

We may get Australian ships in game if the Pan Asian tech tree includes Asian Pacfic counties. Since The two new ships are just reskins, and the majority of Australian ships were British or American, no reason why we could not have a few reskins ourself!!

Interesting - but I assume that you can only see your own renames.  Would be more fun if the server facilitated sharing them.

But they should be locked down to sister ship names only.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

I suppose that it may seem like I'm being a crybaby on this topic but in the whole of the wargaming community there is not one Australian tank, plane or ship. i mean war thunder have at least two Australian planes in their lineup. what about WoW does the same for Aussie warships. i mean we've had battle cruisers and others of the like especially in ww2. we had the indefatigable class battle cruiser, the County heavy cruiser and the Leander class light cruiser, all served, all saw action in both pacific and Atlantic theaters and there after.

All i'm saying is give credit where credit is due. and besides if the make them limited premium id buy them all, without question.

Because Oceania doesn't make as much $$ as other regions, but wouldn't be easier getting a British Tank in WoT and slapping on an Aussie or Kiwi insignia yourself? And the same deal could apply for Warships since we used all their ships, serves pretty much the same purpose doesn't it?
Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

Im one of the proudest Aussies getting around, but to be realistic, we've never built any of our own military hardware (except for a very infamous APC), so we cant really whine that there arent any 'aussie' ships.

Rebadged British / American / Spanish stuff is as close as we get :-)

Edited by Addos

219 posts
3,348 battles
Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

Assembly only. No design.

I like that you listed the Collins class sub there. Showing how sometimes we cant even assemble an existing design properly.

Seen the latest on the construction of the Anzac class?  apparently we're now getting some of the modules pre-fabbed in spain because the local contractor ballsed it up so badly. 

Like I said, proud aussie, but lets not fool ourselves...

Prefer WG finished the major lines first before going to work on a rebadged County class!

Edited by Addos

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Well ... WG should introducing another nation tree to be "Rest of the world"

instead of try to complete that nation tree by putting copycat ship and paper ship like they do in WoT ...

one reason I stop playing WoT is too much tank ... and lately updated tank mostly paper or copycat tanks ...

[SB]
116 posts
12,418 battles

Assembly only. No design.

I like that you listed the Collins class sub there. Showing how sometimes we cant even assemble an existing design properly.

Seen the latest on the construction of the Anzac class?  apparently we're now getting some of the modules pre-fabbed in spain because the local contractor ballsed it up so badly. 

Like I said, proud aussie, but lets not fool ourselves...

Prefer WG finished the major lines first before going to work on a rebadged County class!

A lot of the Collins-class' problems can be attributed to Kockums. IIRC, the welding in sections by Kockums had defects while the ASC built sections had none. The noise signature problems arose because Kockums just took their existing sub design and made it bigger without accounting for how the changes would affect the sub's acoustics, nor the different acoustic environments of the Pacific/Indian Oceans vs the North Atlantic.

The Anzac-class frigate was based on the MEKO 200, an German design so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're talking about the Canberra-class LHDs, the plan was always to build in Spain, fit it out in Australia, since we don't have a shipyard big enough to build it here. If you're talking about the Hobart-class AWDs, do you have a link to a news article about that, since the last I've heard about the project, costs are going down for the later builds.

As for the things in the list:

The Hawkei was designed by Thales Australia, so I'm not quite sure how you got "Assembly Only" from that.

EF88 is a local design - sure it has its roots in the original AUG, but it's different enough that we can honestly say it was designed and built in Australia.

219 posts
3,348 battles

Assembly only. No design......

Jesus wept!

Read the Bushmaster article again, for crying out loud. See the words "Australian-designed"?

Here's a clip:-

".....Australian-designed ‘baby Bushmaster’ protected mobility vehicles....."