You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart

Yo-Lang!

92 comments in this topic

[HK]
753 posts
8,965 battles

Average spent per person in Asia may not be as high as, say, NA or hell, even Australia. But in terms of volume? That's where the money is. Asia is a pretty huge gaming market for online free2play/freemium games, especially when considering Korea, Taiwan and Japan (more so than SEA/Australia).

Hmm, I wonder who the unknown ship is...

I am surprised, if not slightly disappointed, in this comment from a member of staff. Honestly I really don't care about the "which region pays more gets catered for better" argument which this statement seems to imply.

I understand that this game is FTP and that WG needs income to support this, but, the exclusion of ships from navies that played pivotal roles in the battles from the era this game supposedly covers and the tendency lately towards fantasy ships bemuses me.

Sure, give the Chinese and Taiwanese a ship or two to instill some national pride for the vast majority that play this game on the Asian server but please do not make reference to fact that due to Australia's small relative population, hence it's monetary outlay, that we are no more passionate, proud and dare I say deserving upon actual historic grounds of some representation, even if that were to be RN ships.

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

I am surprised, if not slightly disappointed, in this comment from a member of staff. Honestly I really don't care about the "which region pays more gets catered for better" argument which this statement seems to imply.

I understand that this game is FTP and that WG needs income to support this, but, the exclusion of ships from navies that played pivotal roles in the battles from the era this game supposedly covers and the tendency lately towards fantasy ships bemuses me.

Sure, give the Chinese and Taiwanese a ship or two to instill some national pride for the vast majority that play this game on the Asian server but please do not make reference to fact that due to Australia's small relative population, hence it's monetary outlay, that we are no more passionate, proud and dare I say deserving upon actual historic grounds of some representation, even if that were to be RN ships.

I'm not a member of staff, mate. Moderators are volunteer players.

181 posts
907 battles

To be honest that's not what he was saying at all. He was pointing out simply that as a business it makes better sense to target the larger audience. Hence the more Asian related ships than our neck of the pond. To be honest i'd love to see some RAN premium ships floating around but it's only going to be a small pool of people vs say the taiwanese/chinese ships that will be floating about. From an economical business stand point I can very well see why AUS/NZ is over looked. It's just business.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,983 battles

To be honest that's not what he was saying at all. He was pointing out simply that as a business it makes better sense to target the larger audience. Hence the more Asian related ships than our neck of the pond. To be honest i'd love to see some RAN premium ships floating around but it's only going to be a small pool of people vs say the taiwanese/chinese ships that will be floating about. From an economical business stand point I can very well see why AUS/NZ is over looked. It's just business.

The Indonesian Navy also once had RIS Irian (Sverdlov class) and a bunch of Skoryy class DD (Project 30bis, improved Ognevoi) that can be easily implemented in the game just like Anshan & Lo Yang..

1,065 posts
3,287 battles

That mistype though..pardon me , i up to nicholas 

Apparently the Lo Yang will have 6km torps, I guess we'll find out in 5 days.

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

Either way, I suspect we may see a lot of them in ranked (depending on its tier), given how beastly Bensons are.

40 posts

Either way, I suspect we may see a lot of them in ranked (depending on its tier), given how beastly Bensons are.

Benson is beastly thanks to having no weakness against tier VIII ships. This premium Benson has 6 km torps and one less gun which makes her quite less powerful compared to her original form. I'd rather take a Błyskawica than Yo Lang.
Edited by HyperDenpaChan

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I because they make the cap smaller (in some map) and now cap giving more point so it will be favors for CQB ship like Benson :D:D:D

Last seasons i finish it with Kiev no problems but since WG nerf it i have to go Tashkent :P

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
895 posts
8,671 battles

They aren't excluding ships, they just haven't developed them yet. It takes a lot of time and effort to make and balance a new ship line, but they have still put out plenty of ships already in the relatively short time this game has been out. I am very excited for some future trees (RN and KM DD's particularly), but I understand that these things take time, and will arrive eventually.  Putting out reskins of existing ships to target particular segments of their player base that takes very limited development time seems like a smart move to me.

Last seasons i finish it with Kiev no problems but since WG nerf it i have to go Tashkent :P

Tashkent is pretty tough to play in ranked I've found.  The reduced maneuverability and larger size means you get hit by a lot of shells that wouldn't have hit the Kiev, and this just means it isn't really viable sadly.  I want to like it, but it just isn't there.  :(

892 posts
7,853 battles

based on these stats i'm buying one, stat!.

But it has 1 gun less compared to the Benson:amazed:

892 posts
7,853 battles

new update: release is end of JAN, nowish!.

It's now available at the Premium Shop. Three different packages

11 posts
2,423 battles

If there's going to be a RAN ship it should be HMAS Melbourne. B hull could be a reinforced bow.

[SB]
116 posts
13,737 battles

For those claiming that RAN ships are just going to be reskins:

HMS Leander

KfqVPyL.jpg

HMAS Perth

Gss24H5.jpg

Kind of hard to add an extra funnel with just a reskin.

[VOR]
Beta Tester
296 posts
13,804 battles

Lo-Yang seems to have hydroacoustics, now I may buy this.

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Lo-Yang seems to have hydroacoustics, now I may buy this.

That what i was trying to tell you :trollface:
  • Cool 1

[VOR]
Beta Tester
296 posts
13,804 battles

ranked is becoming more and more a pay-to-win.

• Cool 1

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

ranked is becoming more and more a pay-to-win.

With this sonar consumable, Ranked will never be  the same...

[VOR]
Beta Tester
296 posts
13,804 battles

With this sonar consumable, Ranked will never be  the same...

I`m seriously concerned about this...
  • Cool 1

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I`m seriously concerned about this...

In Random Battle it might not be that useful, but seasons ranked player will understand it :D:D:D