You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarbonMonoxide

seems that the game favours the cowards

58 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

I have a feel of this game that:

a coward in your team brings loses, but a team of cowards means victory

I have seen some games where the enemy team wins because of coward strategy

most of the players in such team camp around the base

so when my allies get into their sight, those in front would be concentrated and taken out quickly

within a few minutes we had been outnumbered

none of us can turn the tide as they pack together

CV cannot passes through their AA net

BB cannot push forward, CA even worse

DD cannot torp them as enemy CAs and DDs are in the outer orbit

in other cases, cowards also take the upper hand

for gun fight, a target running away is harder to hit than a target incoming

for torpedo, a target running away from you is almost impossible to hit

Is it just my feel or is it real that coward is better?

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

There are 3 guys in this forum.

Who are known for doing nothing but just complaining.

Every single post is about complaining.

"Cheat!, Hax!, Cowards!, Damn RNG!, Unrealistic Physics! This ship is too stronk! This one is UP!"

Pa6S65E.png

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

There are 3 guys in this forum.

Who are known for doing nothing but just complaining.

Every single post is about complaining.

"Cheat!, Hax!, Cowards!, Damn RNG!, Unrealistic Physics! This ship is too stronk! This one is UP!"

Pa6S65E.png

And you well known for being funny.. overly funny till the point that you can get your self into troubles :trollface:  

sooooo what about me :)

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

And you well known for being funny.. overly funny till the point that you can get your self into troubles :trollface:  

sooooo what about me :)

You? A perv...

211 posts
9,931 battles

Cowardice? i wouldn't call it that, In my current tier i think players are generally more cautious.

So the game does turn into a bit of a war of attrition when players are not diving head first into the fight.

Sometimes it can get a bit to stagnant, which can be a bit boring.  

191 posts
10,640 battles

Hmm let CV planes screen for DD. Once safe, DD should try  to get in position for torps. Though this is hard if you don't have DD that can fire long range torps. CV planes should help sighting the other team ships as well, so that BB on your team can start bombardment

124 posts

I'm probably scream cowards too often, but it's justified, hear me out.

1. When there are cowards in my team, most of them can't hit the side of the barn. BBs always keeping their broadside for maximum firepower but can't out damage/kill the enemy.

2. In 2 key points Domination maps, most cowards in my team took the long way around the map (see #1), while (whenever possible) I'll join the defenders to fend off enemy offensive. Worst case is when the enemy's offensive is overwhelming and cap first well before my team offence is anywhere near enemy's point.

I'm not saying real cowardice happened often (but not fun when it does), but I won't call "camping" a coward strategy.

If you can "camp" a choke point and the enemy failed their test of patient, it can work in your favour.

But grouping up in big clump is also an disadvantage when facing a better adaptive opponents. Hint: IJN DDs

Running away is not cowardice when you're outgunned at least 3 to 1. It's called strategic retreat.

I'll also like to point out this is not CoD or Battlefield where you can die easily and spawned non-stop.

In games such as WoWs, by sheer luck of wrong time and wrong place, you could be sunk in the first 5 minutes when you're the lucky pick of the match when it just happened every enemies in sight saw you.

You could lower that chance by grouping up, and pray your teammates stay with you.

Or you can hide for the rest of the match.

Edited by Quithelion

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

two words

"Fleet formations"

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

well

what I mean is that the "smart play" you called come from the cowardice of the players

so it makes me a bit frustrated that

when everybody camp near their base, their "cowardice" would turn into a "fleet formation" and become almost invinsible

(I'm talking about the game mode with 1 base on each team, such strategy doesn't work in the alternative mode)

is cowardice good for a team?

is defending is always better than offending?

Edited by CarbonMonoxide

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

well

what I mean is that the "smart play" you called come from the cowardice of the players

so it makes me a bit frustrated that

when everybody camp near their base, their "cowardice" would turn into a "fleet formation" and become almost invinsible

(I'm talking about the game mode with 1 base on each team, such strategy doesn't work in the alternative mode)

is cowardice good for a team?

is defending is always better than offending?

well depends. for example the camping team is really defensive by not leaving their base, in that case leave a few ships in your base and all other ships will attack in single direction. for example you have 2 routes, east and west. if ur decided to attack in east then bring all available ships except the defenders in east. attack fast while the enemy ships west campers havent yet notice your team and damage as much possible in the enemy east team and win there by numbers and combines firepower. then head straight to their camp and cap with much ships as possible to prevent capture progress lose. the enemy west will either attack or capture your base but they will be too late. its like blitzkrieg. done in in game and its effective except rng bless the enemy and sink all your strike force hahaha

124 posts

I think you're mistaken the difference between smart play and cowardice.

Smart play, offensive or defensive, where each and every teammates know their ship and the respective role(s).

If defending brought their win, all the power to them. That is not cowardice.

If you, or any teammates, can't bring yourself to organize to defeat such team or at least on equal term, the problem is your team. Not the other team's "cowardice".

Cowards put themselves above the team. Cower. Especially coward BB. Coward BB who can't hit anything yet they stay as far as possible, maximizing their "effective firepower".

I see you're a CV player. Nobody would call you a coward for staying behind the front line. I've seen CV players ran with the pack, either they have confidence in the team or they're crazy :P

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Those who run away, live to fight another day at the end of the battle when things really count....... :hiding:

168 posts
5,685 battles

I have a feel of this game that:

a coward in your team brings loses, but a team of cowards means victory

I have seen some games where the enemy team wins because of coward strategy

most of the players in such team camp around the base

so when my allies get into their sight, those in front would be concentrated and taken out quickly

within a few minutes we had been outnumbered

Sounds like you're describing concentration of forces and good team cooperation.

You're not going to beat that by yoloing.

You need cruisers to strip away the DD screen while the BBs take out the defending cruisers.

DDs should be spotting, distracting and staying alive.

Carriers just have to look for isolated targets, while providing air cover to your own team.

But if you're team don't coordinate on this, they will probably lose.
Edited by Thingol

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

AWzIBip.jpg

I'd agree with the others, this is quite different to WoT, where occasionally you can flank solo and reap huge gains. Best for DDs or planes to spot, and for cruisers and bbs to survive as long as possible to accumulate more damage.

We have a saying in English, "'tis better to be p'd on, than p'd off". this meme reminds me of it, although contradictory in meaning.