Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Display fps, ping and lag data in port screen

8 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Would it be possible to display this data, which is currently only available once you have entered a match, in the port screen?

Countless times I have entered a match to find the connection ridiculous, this not only costs me in such things as exp/credits gained, repair costs etc but also costs the team in being one team member short. 

Even though when at times I am completely disconnected I still log back in as quickly as possible so as not to let my team mates down all together even though I may not be able to contribute as well when the connection is good. 

If it was displayed in the port screen then this would give a better indication to all players as to whether to enter a match and would also greatly reduce the many times I have seen players whom have obviously been disconnected just sit there the entire match being easy prey for the enemy and thus costing the team. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Both FPS and LAG require you to be insane to get a reading, so not much use have those two in port, and if players haven't already noticed, the ping readout is wrong.

Ping readout is a known problem, but not one high on the fix list, since it does not affect your game play.

Use ping plotter (or similar software) and ping the server. Note your ping and compare it against what you have in game. I have a normal ping of 90ms, but in game shows 34ms

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I dont really know about Ping stuff (attempt to try in network class, not working lol)

But FPS you really need to be in match because most of the time this is about your hardware and graphic setting (but the FPS drop should be about server tho lol) 

350 posts

Both FPS and LAG require you to be insane to get a reading, so not much use have those two in port, and if players haven't already noticed, the ping readout is wrong.

Ping readout is a known problem, but not one high on the fix list, since it does not affect your game play.

Use ping plotter (or similar software) and ping the server. Note your ping and compare it against what you have in game. I have a normal ping of 90ms, but in game shows 34ms

Oh, no wonder I get a ping of -35 sometimes along with ping amounting to about as high as  2, 500 since I use a Wifi for my laptop to connect. Thank you.

753 posts
8,965 battles

i like your idea and well.. i use my laptop sometimes when im outdoor

could be usefull for laptop or macbook users too

Yep same here, I sometimes use my laptop outside.

Sign in to follow this