Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

For Aussies...ping to NA server seems okay.

19 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,358 battles

For those fellow Aussies who are wondering what the performance is like from the east-coast of Australia, I created an account on the NA server three hours ago and have been very pleased to see that, at least in my part of the world, the ping was exactly the same as that to the SEA server......102 to 105, and so far no increase.

This was with over 11,000 players on the NA server.

Sure...I have to start all over again but hey, it's only a game and the upside is that I can meet up with several US friends who also play WoWs.

Language barrier is also non-existent.

Might be worth a try for those of you going out through Sydney or Brisbane and certainly an option for Kiwis.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Sure...I have to start all over again but hey, it's only a game and the upside is that I can meet up with several US friends who also play WoWs.

Language barrier is also non-existent.

Just want to add that any reward ships/pre-order ships(Kamikaze R, ArkBeta, the 3 pre-order ships e.t.c) won't be on your account on your new server even if you were qualified for them here on Asia and I highly doubt Support would facilitate moving them as well.

Also, be warned that salt levels are at a High over at NA/EU since their Project R event which just started, isn't.... up to the same standard as ours.

590 posts
2,995 battles

So all of 10 ms then? Adelaide is only 110 ms at worst or 90ms normally.... don't really see much benefit here. And a quick check to the NA server puts me at 180ms

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Yeah the SEA language barrier is a pain, but at least that means you deal with less salty people as they can't rant at you lol

Edited by Blitzkreig95

219 posts
3,358 battles

...Adelaide is only 110 ms at worst or 90ms normally.... don't really see much benefit here. And a quick check to the NA server puts me at 180ms

I did say east coast of Australia.

The last time I checked, Adelaide wasn't on the east coast.

219 posts
3,358 battles

Just want to add that any reward ships/pre-order ships(Kamikaze R, ArkBeta, the 3 pre-order ships e.t.c) won't be on your account on your new server even if you were qualified for them here on Asia and I highly doubt Support would facilitate moving them as well.....

is the language problem causing this misunderstanding?

I think you'll see that I stated that I have to start all over again. All. Over. Again.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I think you'll see that I stated that I have to start all over again. All. Over. Again.

Since you can request account transfer you not have to start all over again (if you want) 

Anyways if you want to move over good luck Henry hope you find good friends and enjoy there :honoring:

219 posts
3,358 battles

Since you can request account transfer you not have to start all over again (if you want) 

No, I'm not interested in transferring. I fully intend to keep playing here as well as on the NA server.

It's just that I can now join the friends that I have in the USA on their server....something I couldn't do on the SEA server.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I'm just adding on to what you are saying.

I know for a fact that people have asked why they don't have their pre-order ships e.t.c when they switched servers even when they know that its pretty much a fresh start. Its along the lines of "I paid for X so why isn't it on my account on Y server"

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

No, I'm not interested in transferring. I fully intend to keep playing here as well as on the NA server.

It's just that I can now join the friends that I have in the USA on their server....something I couldn't do on the SEA server.

Well thats nice i did try to played in SEA when i went to US and i found that now i have Time Zone barrier :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

753 posts
8,965 battles

I fail to understand why there is no option to play whatever server you want no matter in what region your account was created.

Gaijin can do it so why not WG. In every match I try to communicate in an effort to coordinate yet at most times it seems to fall on deaf ears so I cannot help thinking that the language barrier is somewhat to blame.

Having played war thunder for many years (ex senior GM in fact) and having moved to WoWs as an avid ship fan, I have found that regardless of the salty comments that maybe encountered I would rather prefer that, which I can ignore, to the poor communication on this server.  

695 posts
2,153 battles

I fail to understand why there is no option to play whatever server you want no matter in what region your account was created.

Server roaming was trialed in Tanks on RU / EU servers.  To this point the results were not that favorable as they haven't continued with it, AFAIK. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

Server roaming was trialed in Tanks on RU / EU servers.  To this point the results were not that favorable as they haven't continued with it, AFAIK. 

Unfavorable in what context?

219 posts
3,358 battles

Last night, 21:00 to 23:30 AEDST, I tried it again and the performance was perfectly acceptable.

Ping time had increased to an average of 115 but no spikes and the games were fine.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Generally speaking, Aussie East Coast gets better connection to NA than to Asia, thanks to your cross-country infrastructure and the undersea cable situation. That being said, you'll likely have to deal with different population hours and a community that's a hell lot more mouthy than Asia (and not necessarily in a good way).

590 posts
2,995 battles

I did say east coast of Australia.

The last time I checked, Adelaide wasn't on the east coast.

Adelaide is 10 ms increase from Sydney / Melb - so yes, if your ISP is sending data through adelaide, to perth which is another 15 / 20ms depending on who. Then yes, conceivably you'll pull 150 / 160ms ratings to the SNG server. But if your isp pushes you through sydney, then you would be on 90 or less to SNG.

An Understanding of how your internet works, and others is key in this conversation, and yes NZ players will general get better ping to the US servers due to the Southern Cross Cable system (Please check out my Ping Guide in the New Comers guide area) 

End of the day, playing on NA which i've done has it's up's and downs just like playing on SEA. Ping rate is not in consideration when it comes to my choice, it's times that I work, when I can log on amongst other factors

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yeah the SEA language barrier is a pain, but at least that means you deal with less salty people as they can't rant at you lol

well they do, it just appears as boxes in chat. ignorance is bliss?.

had a guy go off about how bad i was in the tirpitz because i couldn't citadel a tier 8 USN bb yesterday.

I WAS TRYING.... not my fault I got 8 reloads of AP in a row where the entire salvo scores 1-2 hits per 8 shells for 0-3k damage...from 10-8kms range....

Edited by Te_Kraken

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Anyways if you want to move over good luck Henry hope you find good friends and enjoy there :honoring:

Good luck getting a transfer though,my brother tried last year and got no response back.

On topic,I have an account on the NA server as well as SEA ( I live just outside Melbourne),on NA I get an average of 105 ms ping,and virtually no lag.

On SEA it is always fluctuating,I think at the moment from about 65 to 100 ms or so if its a good day,and lags quite a lot.

Sign in to follow this