You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

I've discovered WG's secret

25 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Earlier today I was on a winning streak so I thought I would mount the Zulu signal flag on my ship seeing as things were going so well.

Since that moment it has been loss after loss and being teamed with players that have absolutely no idea of team work or their ships strengths and purpose.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that there is some sort of sub program running where as soon as you activate this signal flag (other flags have yet to be tested) it is if as WG are saying "oh no you don't".

Conspiracy theory ended, for now. :sceptic: :)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I always assume the more flag i hang, the bigger the chance of having derp teammates or being the first one to die..

So i've been hoarding flags eversince, i had over 500 ESC flags right now.. Want some?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

What we need is a "Murphy's Law" flag which can account for the perceived perversity of the universe.

Secret Santa flag is doing quite well in that role for now lol

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,958 battles

Yeah, I don't use any flags at all.

I do believe that there are some hidden stats involved with using some of the flags.

yes yes yes I know tin hat time etc blah blah blah.

I did do a small test a while ago in my Warspite and since then, ive not used any flags and I cant complain with a 55% win rate that has been going up.

What I did was a small test, where I played 10 battles in my Warspite in a row, 5 battles with everything on the ship to help protect it from fires.

I then played 5 battles with no fire protection on the ship at all.

The results are with fire protection I was hit 87 times with HE shells for 13 fires and only won 1 game out of 5, battles 3x tier 6, 1x tier7 and 1x tier 8

without fire protection on the ship I was hit 92 times with HE shells for 8 fires and won 3 games out of 5, battles 4x tier6 and 1x tier8.

with all the fire protection on the ship you can get the time of fires down to 33 seconds, without fire protection the fires last about 1 min.

yes we all know WG like to have their hidden stats in the games, that they don't want to tell us about.

I do believe that some of the items you can add to your ship, that you as a player think is going to improve your ship can be counterproductive and has a opposite effect with some other part of your ship.

Eg, more fire protection u have the higher the chance your ship will be set on fire as happened in my little test.

They probably do it as a balance thing in the game, as we all know WG like to have Balance.

But anyways that's my thoughts on it and hence why I don't use flags.

I'm sure they do have flags that don't have any opposite effects with it use, like the speed flag etc, but who knows with WG, their main focus is to get money out of players and not make a fun game but a frustrating game.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

There a lot of theories about match making form Premium time, Forseti, Winrate, till lower the tier or changing division commander trust me its dose effect psychological side (at least you feel like you did somthings lol) but it is really legit effect the game ? we dont know we dont really know :D:D:D

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Wallet warrior privileges, premium rights, higher your WR the harder the battle, flag privileges, P2W, etc. etc.

So much theories that never became a truth at all. :popcorn:

38 posts
4,571 battles

Might be right to some degree, and also when you get 75% completed on any challenge your doomed to a series of never ending losses....

Best wins streaks are head when playing opposite to all forum advice. First torpedo all the high tier ships on your own team so they cant steal your kills, then camp while you make a coffee or two, sail in guns blazing at exactly 8mins and 88 seconds into the game and reap the vicotries over weakened enemies.... just kidding lol

I find the best games and when you treat it like the arcade game it is without any clear goals you want. I find switching ship types, eg between destroyers or battleships to be a good change when your losing....

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have over 90% lose rate when I mount flags. Now I don't at all. On a x3 weekend I will, but it will take 10 losses in a row with 8 flags used each time (80 flags used) before the win. And it's VERY important I do very well in that one crucial game, not knowing which is the one crucial game at the time. LULZ.

OH THE HUMANITY.

PS Udaloi has a 25% wr after 100 battles, (usually in the top 5 on team, often of those, top 2). Ship? or MM and rng?. Or is there secret code in the program?. Or am I stink at ships?. I own with other dd's, my tashkent had an 80% WR, then one day suddenly it's like a switch was flicked on my career, and it became 20% WR, and has remained so through to udaloi grind.

Oh I also lost all 3 guns on udaloi again today. SO LOLZ. "russians have the best guns"....What do I do after that? look at the enemy menacingly?.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I always seem to get below average teams when it is my first 1.5x game of the day.

:hiding:

i feel you bro... because it happens to me too often

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I don't even look at the flags section, am happy without them and have a good enough win rate and performance. I focus on modules and captains skills more.