You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Frustrated at the Lexington

13 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

hello all, I am having huge problems with the Lexington. Her fighters are complete fine but her attack planes are what bother me the most. I cannot attack any ship below tier 7 without loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron. Am I missing something ?

87 posts
2,742 battles

I cannot attack any ship below tier 7 without loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron => I attack any ship below tier 7 with loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron ?

if u meant like this one. so just avoid to get close Cleveland

Edited by rattananen

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

hello all, I am having huge problems with the Lexington. Her fighters are complete fine but her attack planes are what bother me the most. I cannot attack any ship below tier 7 without loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron. Am I missing something ?

Playing other classes of ships to see how they work to evading your attacks or realising they have defensive fire ability...

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I cannot attack any ship below tier 7 without loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron => I attack any ship below tier 7 with loosing at least 1/2 of TB and DBsquadron ?

if u meant like this one. so just avoid to get close Cleveland

Yes that's what i meant. Thank you for correcting me

69 posts
4,674 battles

Yes that's what i meant. Thank you for correcting me

Silent, actually what you said is correct English the correction given by rattananen is incorrect.

69 posts
4,674 battles

I just correct his logic not grammar.

Well looks to me silent thinks the way you rewrote his sentence was the correct English, it is not.  As he said "Yes that's what i meant thank you for correcting me".  So his reply does not refer to the Cleveland comment you gave.
Edited by Griefmaker

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Well looks to me silent thinks the way you rewrote his sentence was the correct English, it is not.  As he said "Yes that's what i meant thank you for correcting me".  So his reply does not refer to the Cleveland comment you gave.

Yeah Yeah, SH really wanna argue about grammar here (or if you wish??/)

btw, yes, you've gotta try other classes and try to deal with enemy's lex planes to try your tactic

69 posts
4,674 battles

Yeah Yeah, SH really wanna argue about grammar here (or if you wish??/)

btw, yes, you've gotta try other classes and try to deal with enemy's lex planes to try your tactic

SH was not arguing rat was so please get it right if you must chirp in on it ;)

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Question - You loose HALF of your attacking torpers and divers OR you loose 1 - 2 planes from each strike package?

From what I see, being in the receiving end of Lady Lex attacks, it's NORMAL. You seriously think your planes can get off unscathed? 

Really SH... What would make you happy and content with USN CV? There's always something that you'd find perturbing about USN CV. 

You should really see losses incurred by IJN CVs.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

If you're already pissed with the USN fighters now.... Dark skies are looming ahead by the time you reach Midway and/or Essex.... Baltimore and Des Moines will chew your planes so fast that you don't even have enough time to evade them. Learnt it the hard way when my Taiho faced those 2 CAs as well as Midway, Essex, Hakuryuu and Taiho. Let's not forget Yamato, Iowa and Montana with their AA suite.

And ships with AFT skill.... And players who are experts at manual sky strafe...

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Dark skies are looming ahead by the time you reach Midway and/or Essex....

i2K4r2C.gif

also, @Topic:

Losing planes is just natural, after all micromanaging units is difficult (unless you a pro Korean SC player with godlike micromanaging skillz).. you'll get used to it with continuous playing (but not to the point that you'd loose all your planes) just look at the map, survey the no fly zones, enemy fighters and the type of ship your targeting and you're good to go..