Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
natoteorenzo

Is it worth to skip furutaka?

24 comments in this topic

29 posts

With my busy schedule , i am unable to grind to cleveland on the US tree which is currently at St.louis whereas my only Tier 5 Ship on IJN tree is Furutaka . Wondering  is it worth to free XP from Furutaka to Aoba to use Aoba to complete my arpeggio missions . Another question would be if Aoba is viable for fire starter , hunting DDs or shooting planes down?

621 posts
2,289 battles

Furutaka isn't as bad as some people say. Remember to angle your side and face the enemy diagonally, those 203mm guns can dish out a lot of damage over time

168 posts
5,687 battles

If this is the only ship you will have to do the myoko missions on, then you probably need to start ASAP.

Yes you can do all those things with Aoba, just not as easily as with some others.

168 posts
5,687 battles

Doesn't the ARP Myoko mission require ships of tier VI and above?

Yep, which seems to me to be the whole point of the OP's question.

My understanding is he has no Tier 6s yet and is closest on the IJN cruiser line.

Aoba is VI

I've been using both Aoba and Cleveland, but I have to say I'm having a much better success rate with Cleveland on the DD kills - it should also do better on planes and probably fires.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Skip it. Skip it. Skip it.

If you have money to buy port slot, I suggest you collecting all Tier 6 ship, don't sell it.

Then use the available port to buy ship tier 7 and leveling it to tier 10.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If you can afford it and "really" want a decent shot at the ARP ships, buy a premium ship. Atago and Atlanta are going on special in a few hours.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think furutaka is a decent to good ship ... but it just have BIG A** Citadels ... if you not caution or caught on suprise and get hit in the side ... bam! to the bottom of ocean ...

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Furutaka was not bad at all, even before it was "buffed" - it excels at getting king hits on other cruisers like Omahas, Phoenixes and Kumas, all with big citadels

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,457 battles

Since 0.5.0, the taco is quite playable.

As the armour modelling is very similar in all ijn cruisers further up the tree, you should take the opportunity to learn how to handle it in t5, rather than getting to the mogami and getting nuked. Far more expensive to repair that than the taco!

52 posts

It's actually not bad if you know what you're doing with it , Furutaka AP shells can effectively go through most of the cruisers in its tier and even better can citadel Battleship, its  only weakness is the length of the ship and slow reload ( always remember to actively watch out for DD ).

29 posts

Thanks captains for your opinions , I have an extra port for my Aoba and wont sell ships if i like in the IJN tree . However , Atago that worth it? Cos i havent played in high tiers except tier 4-5.

Edited by natoteorenzo

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

The furutaka is an excellent vessel to learn the IJN cruisers from. Its a lot better now than it was previously. Slow rate of fire, but big guns can dish out a lot of damage.

Just dont let the BBs hit you in your sides and you will be fine.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Furutaka is a nasty ship to play, but also a wonderful one. In the right division is synergises well with Omahas.

Omahas harass the hell out of enemies, Furu can then slam them.

It is a very niche ship. It does let you practice the use of 203s and how to citadel with them, which comes into great use for the rest of the IJN line (only possible exception being Mogami if you prefer its 155s).

I have seen wolfpacks of Furus tear teams apart and have really been wanting to try a division of 3 of them... ...

Still it requires a lot of skill to play well and is much more niche than the rest of the IJN CA line.

29 posts

Furutaka is a nasty ship to play, but also a wonderful one. In the right division is synergises well with Omahas.

Omahas harass the hell out of enemies, Furu can then slam them.

It is a very niche ship. It does let you practice the use of 203s and how to citadel with them, which comes into great use for the rest of the IJN line (only possible exception being Mogami if you prefer its 155s).

I have seen wolfpacks of Furus tear teams apart and have really been wanting to try a division of 3 of them... ...

Still it requires a lot of skill to play well and is much more niche than the rest of the IJN CA line.

i tried her yesterday due to free xping aoba..compared to her stock ..almosted upgraded furu performs good..with citadels on phoenix..i also came to a point that i showed my broadside and got to 300 hp  by either Karlsruhe or Königsberg
Edited by natoteorenzo

29 posts

I recommend you play the Furutaka, not to skip it. It's a good way to learn how to adapt the playstyle of the later Aoba.

i like it but my team always go to waste during these days:ohmy:
Edited by natoteorenzo

Sign in to follow this