Sign in to follow this  
Rhyx

Can you guys help me what kind of gameplay that fit to Stock mogami-class ?

5 comments in this topic

1 post
2,209 battles

Hi guys

I just got my Tier 8 ship, which is the Mogami class. i always get frustated by this ship because this ship is a citadel party ship more less like the Kuma-class. Should i upgrade the range or the hull first ? and which is better ? 20.3 gun or 15.5 gun ?

Is there a way to play this ship perfectly ? can you guys help mes with this ? your help will be very usefull

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

first thing you need to do with the morgami is to get the advanced firing traing(captain perk 4-2) then move on to increase your ROF with captain perk basic firing training(1-2) or turret traverse (2-1). that being said, it might me a good idea to get demolishion  expert(4-1) but i doubt that you have enough perk points

morgami's guns have about 18km range on them after you get the perk and the most basic play style is to use HE and spam BBs, setting them on fire(note, you wont be spotted if you are more then 16KM from the BB and there is no one closer to you from the other side then the BB). morgami also have pretty good penn on it's AP and you can cithadel pretty much every IJN or KM CA below T10(USN CAs are hader to penn and you would be better off with HE)

never show your sides to ANYONE, your cithadel is made from paper and anyone with guns above 130 MM and cithadel you, BB shell will make you go from full to 1000hp in a volly if you are dumb enouth to show your belly. this ship is best when moving with BBs,

NEVER get the 203MM gun upgrade, you cant hit a thing within it's 203 range and 155MM is just so much better

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Depends on whether you want to keep Mogami (given that she is an excellent cruiser and pretty awesome for ranked play), or continue moving up to Ibuki/Zaou.

If its the former, grab Advanced Firing Training on your captain ASAP, then the hull upgrades for Mogami, leaving the 20.3cm gun upgrade for last. Your primary armament will be slinging 15.5cm HE fire and setting everything ablaze. General tips is to get used to the lead you require for it and to walk your fire up and down targets, as well as exposing just enough broadside for your fore turrets to fire. As per IJN cruiser cardinal rule, never sail broadside to anything.

However, if you are intending to move the captain up to Ibuki and Zaou, take Demolition Expert over Advanced Firing Training. The 20.3s do not benefit as much from AFT and AAA isn't particularly good on IJN cruisers anyway. Taking DE will increase the 20.3's considerable fire chance and allow you to deal constant attritional fire damage to enemy ships.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

best to have both though... a morgami with both AFT and Demolition Expert is a BB captain's worse nightmare, not quite the ZAO(run little puny BBs RUN!) scary, but close, very close

Sign in to follow this