Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Is the current beginner tutorial enough?

3 comments in this topic

178 posts
2,306 battles

Hello again fellow captains! After a few games of getting friendly torpedoed by by some Atagos and Tirpitz', I am wondering if the beginner tutorials are sufficient in educating new players. Common mistakes seen are firing when allied ships are in front of their firing solution's and firing at ships beyond their torpedo ranges.  Perhaps a more detail tutorial is needed? 

124 posts

The browser's tutorial covered only WoWs' game mechanics, but not the intricacies of teamplay. Those had to be learnt in-game either by trial and error, or other player's guidance. An ounce of hope it is lesson learned.

Some of the players don't even know their torp's max range that had potential to hit team mates but no chance at the enemies.

I'll admit I torped a team mate once because I misjudged the placement of the tubes on my ship. The team were at my starboard at a distance of less than 1km and ahead by about half my length. I was sure my torps could just pass by his stern. So yeah, my first and last team kill (He's almost dead before my torp).

Sign in to follow this