Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tomoko_Kousaka

IJN dds still didnt got spotted by 1 to 3.2 km even i used the hydroacoustic search in the [content removed] zone(smoke)

7 comments in this topic

121 posts

the ijn dds seems to be unspottable even i used the HA search which makes me dead and a blind n***a

doesnt the minekaze seems concealment op? or is it that

its way too unbalanced because us dds from tier 4 above get spotted easily

any ideas?

Inappropriate content. Post edited, user already warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the ijn dds seems to be unspottable even i used the HA search which makes me dead and a blind n***a

doesnt the minekaze seems concealment op? or is it that

its way too unbalanced because us dds from tier 4 above get spotted easily

any ideas?

no such a thing.

OP concealment and smoke are 2 thing that very unrelated.

each of them has different spotting mechanic.

dont u know that a yamato that has very OP concealment(can be spotted from 30 kilos away usually) can be invisible if she stay in the smoke?

smoke/islands are no existence in the eye of "HydroAccoustic Search" active area (3.5 kilos radius), no matter what DD/ship u used,

dont u know that i finnish my 30 DD kill by hunting minekazes/kamikazes in my cleveland?

i usually spot them in 3.5-4 kilos away if they stay (not moved) in their smoke.. 

most probably what u encounter is that when u charging into the smoke, the DD is already leaving the smoke while leaving some torp into the smoke area

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

no such a thing.

OP concealment and smoke are 2 thing that very unrelated.

each of them has different spotting mechanic.

dont u know that a yamato that has very OP concealment(can be spotted from 30 kilos away usually) can be invisible if she stay in the smoke?

smoke/islands are no existence in the eye of "HydroAccoustic Search" active area (3.5 kilos radius), no matter what DD/ship u used,

dont u know that i finnish my 30 DD kill by hunting minekazes/kamikazes in my cleveland?

i usually spot them in 3.5-4 kilos away if they stay (not moved) in their smoke.. 

most probably what u encounter is that when u charging into the smoke, the DD is already leaving the smoke while leaving some torp into the smoke area

Yup, i agree. If it was a Soviet or American DD, she is probably gonna stay in the smoke to pop shots at the enemy ship. But a Japanese destroyer will always try to leave the combat area as soon as she gets spotted.

621 posts
2,271 battles

ah i see now thanks for the comments guys

ijn dds role is much a coward

i gotta change my tactics paper

That's rude.

IJN DD is designed as a long range torpedo dropper, which coincides with the historical Japanese torpedo doctrine; drop torpedoes at long range, before enemies spot.

It's not that hard to just dodge them, you know

621 posts
2,271 battles

Staying out of the enemy's fire range =/= Cowardice.

By that logic, USN/RU DDs that use invisifire, IJN BBs that kite enemy cruisers from afar and any Carriers are all cowards. Alongside with some of the German cruisers that have longer range than other cruisers.

That's a lot of ships and a lot of players that are being called "cowards".

Not to mention that that sort of logic means that anyone who isn't a frontline dogfighter is a coward, which in other games would include snipers, medics, artillery, air support, etc.

Just because you're not able to counter them properly (unlike many other players), doesn't mean that they're cowards. You're just butthurt.

Sign in to follow this