You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pradityan

[BUG] Changing Resolution & Using ARP Ships Crashes The Game

3 comments in this topic

36 posts
13,020 battles

guess i'll break this into two separate entries

Issue:   Changing resolution crashes the game.

Screenshots: none
Ship: -
Map: -
OccurrencesEvery time I try to change the game's resolution
Tested: Yes. Reliably.
Severity: High.
Details:  Every time I change the game's resolution (in-game, in menu, or even before logging in), the game hangs. The BG music is still playing but there's no response whatsoever. When I try to hit any keys, the game then crashes to desktop. Happens every single time.

---

Issue:   Game crashes when using ARP ships.

Screenshots: none
Ship: ARP Kongo
Map: Any.
OccurrencesEvery time there's someone sending the F1-F11 command, the game crashes. Also on the sound of the beginning of the battle (BATTLE STARTS)
Tested: Yes, albeit randomly.
Severity: Severe.
Details:  I guess this bug is related to sound pack. It happens when I try to play ARP Kongo after I play non-ARP ships. Or when I play non-ARP ships after playing ARP ship. When there's no F1-F11 sound, the game runs ok, but once someone send those, the game crashes to desktop.

My system's spec:
Lenovo U41-70

Windows 10 Pro x64
NVIDIA GT940M (latest driver: 361.43)

4GBs of RAM.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Are you using any mods?

For the resolution issue - try deleting preferences.xml (exit client, delete preferences.xml, start client).  This will revert all settings to default.  Once you have done the reset, test again.

36 posts
13,020 battles

Are you using any mods?

For the resolution issue - try deleting preferences.xml (exit client, delete preferences.xml, start client).  This will revert all settings to default.  Once you have done the reset, test again.

hi. thanks for your response.

I've found a workaround on the resolution problem. when it hangs, I pressed ctrl+alt+del and open task manager. then I switch back to WOWS by clicking the icon on taskbar. Voila! resolution changed.

note: alt+tab won't work though, it'll keep crashing.

I use few mods; none of them are relating to audio.

and it keeps crashing. so i stopped playing ARP Kongo altogether.

Edited by pradityan