Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Cross Server Play

18 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Hi Team,

Is cross-server play ever going to be a reality or is it just a pipe dream?

I would like to be able to use the ships in my port to play with my brother on the NA server on weekends. 

Even if it was akin to the test server, where you garner no permanent XP or credits, I'd be happy.

590 posts
2,995 battles

everything is laggy when you live in Australia *laughs*

Ping rate from Australia to JP / SNG is around 100+ MS. 

To the west coast of the us it's only 180 ms on a good day and 210 at it's worst, but the cable system is better so we get less packet loss. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

To the west coast of the us it's only 180 ms on a good day and 210 at it's worst, but the cable system is better so we get less packet loss. 

Yes, I also get a good connection from Sydney to the NA server. 

51 posts
504 battles

It would be good but unfortunately it will never happen.

They promised it in World of Tanks and it never happened. The player base for both games is dropping fast, especially this server it seems lately.

Whilst they are great games, unfortunately they are slowly dying. WG does not care for what we would like.

1,162 posts

Unified server eh? I heard somewhere its possible but I have only seen it in normal MMORPGs. I just wondering how many server it would needed to joined all the existed server to give it a seamless gameplay.

On a bright side probably it will possible when all the country in the world have a standard measure in internet connection and no ISP trying to chokes the service.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

They promised it in World of Tanks and it never happened.

It was tested for WoT, but never explicitly "promised". They had a select few players on the RU server undertake a trial for roaming on the NA and EU servers, however this was a long time ago, and we haven't heard anything about it ever since. My assumption is that the idea has been dropped, or at least put on hold.

51 posts
504 battles

It was tested for WoT, but never explicitly "promised". They had a select few players on the RU server undertake a trial for roaming on the NA and EU servers, however this was a long time ago, and we haven't heard anything about it ever since. My assumption is that the idea has been dropped, or at least put on hold.

OK. If it was "put on hold" then it definately wont happen now

219 posts
3,362 battles

Don't you think it's gonna be a little bit laggy?

I play a couple of other online games on USA servers and have no problem with lag.

In fact, I suffer more packet loss, disappearing ships and ping fluctuations on the WoWs SEA server than I ever experience in these other games between here and the USA.

Like the OP, I would love to be able to play with friends in the USA but can't unless I open up a whole new account on that server.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I play a couple of other online games on USA servers and have no problem with lag.

In fact, I suffer more packet loss, disappearing ships and ping fluctuations on the WoWs SEA server than I ever experience in these other games between here and the USA.

Like the OP, I would love to be able to play with friends in the USA but can't unless I open up a whole new account on that server.

Yeah, the Aus to US West Coast cables are in a lot better shape than cross-country to Perth's cable to SEA.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Meanwhile:

EU = 20ms (sometimes 40)

NA East = 150-180ms

NA West = 230ms (+lagspikes)

WoT SEA = 555+ms (lagspikes)

WoWS SEA = 400ms

And to think I used to have 200ms to WoT SEA...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Meanwhile:

EU = 20ms (sometimes 40)

NA East = 150-180ms

WoWS SEA = 400ms

Hah, I have 100-120ms to WoWS SEA.

Though that used to be 20-40ms...

219 posts
3,362 battles

Meanwhile:

EU = 20ms (sometimes 40)

NA East = 150-180ms

WoWS SEA = 400ms

I'm curious as to why you are playing on the Asian server when you live in Germany - and the EU server gives better performance.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm curious as to why you are playing on the Asian server when you live in Germany - and the EU server gives better performance.

Because Endor is more civilised than Tatooine.

Sign in to follow this