Lude_PLZ

What's wrong with the matching since the last upgrade?

16 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,501 battles

Lately, I've been always suffering from the ridiculous matching.

4 destroyers on the opposite and 2 on my side, what's wrong with the basic maths?

And there's  also tier unbalances, why the heck did we have ships up to T9 but on the opposite they got a Yamato?

Is the matching mechanism has anything related to intentionally manipulation of the gaming results?

I don't know why I always got into a team full of commanders who act like a bunch of noobs?

We are not talking about something occurs occasionally, Like today, I got [Redacted] 10 loses with 1 win, and yes thanks to the matching. What is this all about? Wasting my time?

I am sure I contributed a lot in most of the games I both won and lost.

I am disturbed, I am confused, I got [Redacted] pissed off. WTF is this game designed for?

Sorry for my being aggressive and offensive. I need some place to vent. And thanks in advance if anyone could enlighten me. 

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

753 posts
8,965 battles

It is completely ridiculous as I mentioned here http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/12085-game-fixes-for-better-fairer-and-balanced-matches/ and if not rectified soon will become a game breaker for me and many others.

I was just in a match with my Cleveland against practically all tier 8 ships, needless to say I did not last very long.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

If you play early morning, or late at night, you are going to get this type of MM due to limited players online, or players not willing to play other ships/tiers.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

source: WoWS Wiki  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Matchmaking (MM)

Each ship has a certain combat tier assigned to it. It determines the maximum level of enemy and ally ships that can be encountered in the battle.

The information below is current as of patch 0.5.0

050mm.png

1,230 posts
2,409 battles

050mm.png

K-k-k-Kitakami!!!!!

edit: I edited the quote to put the picture inside spoiler, it's too long, so i put a spoiler on

Edited by Conkhead_12

753 posts
8,965 battles

If you play early morning, or late at night, you are going to get this type of MM due to limited players online, or players not willing to play other ships/tiers.

This is not entirely true as I have encountered teams 2 tiers higher than me during peak times although less frequently.

source: WoWS Wiki  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Matchmaking (MM)

Each ship has a certain combat tier assigned to it. It determines the maximum level of enemy and ally ships that can be encountered in the battle.

The information below is current as of patch 0.5.0

050mm.png

This information is handy to know and therefore appreciated but the fact still remains that being against ships 2 tiers higher than yours never ends well due to be out ranged, out gunned etc. No matter how well you try to keep maneuvering a few lucky salvo hits means it's game over even before you can get into range yourself in order to try and fight back.

That is why I suggest it be limited to +/- 1 tier regardless to make for more even matches and less frustration. 

350 posts

Just got blasted by a Kongo and his buddy - Miyogi, half an hour ago. So yeah, I understand how you feel. And I'm just a plain St Louis as well so the two tier disparity is certainly present here.

This is not entirely true as I have encountered teams 2 tiers higher than me during peak times although less frequently.

This information is handy to know and therefore appreciated but the fact still remains that being against ships 2 tiers higher than yours never ends well due to be out ranged, out gunned etc. No matter how well you try to keep maneuvering a few lucky salvo hits means it's game over even before you can get into range yourself in order to try and fight back.

That is why I suggest it be limited to +/- 1 tier regardless to make for more even matches and less frustration. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

This restriction of +/- 1 tier should also apply to the formation of squads. I was just in a match where a Nurnberg thought it would be a good idea to squad with 2 Chesters, guess which team lost that match.

Not sure if they where just trolling or the Nurnberg was introducing 2 friends to the game. If the latter was the case then he should choose a ship of an equal tier as his friends which is exactly what I did when trying to introduce a friend, alas she no longer plays and I'll give you another guess for what reason.

If you guessed the MM then you're correct.

11 posts
2,968 battles

Just got blasted by a Kongo and his buddy - Miyogi, half an hour ago. So yeah, I understand how you feel. And I'm just a plain St Louis as well so the two tier disparity is certainly present here.

Same happened to me my first 3 missions with the New York got taken out before I got a shot off because I was being out ranged.

3 posts
2,501 battles

OK guys, thanks for all the replies above! And I'm here just for showing you guys some examples, you are welcome. I got these screen shot just now. FML.

343860194.jpg

1932129285.jpg

Edited by Lude_PLZ

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

this kind of MM happens in the morning and late at night as some one has mentioned before, there simply isnt enough players of the same tier playing at one time.

trust me, i know, i was being matched in tier 10 matches in my T8 ships for 6 times in a row, you just have to deal with it.

and mind you, a skilled captain can play above or under 2 tier's difference, so best thing to do is to sharpen up your skills and just stop playng for a while if you really are getting matched into FUBAR rooms

23 posts
3,187 battles

i can say this isnt isolated to just early morning or late night right now i just got into this battle and our team just got slaughtered im minutes it was just rediculas, i see it tried to balance it at least a little but it was just the stupidest matchup ive ever seen.. servers arnt empty either cos currently there are 13k people online at the time of this posting which is the most ive seen all day im getting sick and tired of this kind of matchmaking and if it continues its game shattering makes you just not want to play anymore

2016-01-23_00001.jpg

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
Exactly I was in this battle and it's obvious that 2 more ships does not make up for their two Montanas this is bullshit I have had rounds where my team only had one IX and they have 3 X and 2 IX wtf

23 posts
3,187 battles

just to add also that i have been having these kind of matchups all day with not just fubuki, with kamakazi, cleavland fubuki and my new york

3 posts
2,501 battles

Does it even make sense to anyone? anyone? 

Could you content modified not ruin my day with such stupid much making?????????

content modified, bypassing chat filter, user warned
~tc1259

168588482.jpg

Edited by tc1259

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well, WG must think there's a problem with MM as they sent me (and probably the entire player base) a survey asking about our opinions on the state of Match Making. That's important because WG WoT has never done something like that as far as I am aware of. So, if they are asking us our opinions about MM, maybe they are going to do something that will fix issues that are discussed here and other places.