Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Dogfights= world of strafing ?

12 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi guys, I am finding higher tier CV battles to be incredibly boring due to one reason: strafing. I am at tier 8 and every times i use my Lexington there is always someone strafing the crap out the sky. The main problem with strafing is that at close range it is incredibly hard to dodge the strafing run which mean that I always lose my planes quite often. AM i doing something wrong? Or is the main form of dogfight nowadays is strafing?

Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Yeah, don't bunch your planes together...

In saying that when I faced a air superiority Ranger 2/0/2 in my 1/1/1 balanced Ranger, its kinda amusing how they try to gang up 2 to 1 on my lone fighters and I simply lure them out into my strafing path - a good run is difficult, but can destroy up to half of both enemy squadrons in one go, its the only way aside from flying over friendly ships to survive such battles lol and the enemy CV makes no effort to correct themselves :izmena:

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

I see someone went to the Prometheos School of Running Away From...

Yeah its called move your planes to the side. Its very obvious when planes set up to strafe you.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

I must say that I quite agree with you, I mean I am no expert CV player, and I tend to lose my planes a lot, yes, Indy is painful and I hate it, all I know is try to not put my planes in 1 collum and run away from fighters whenever I see oneyea, kinda fighter dodge game

I don't know about higher tiers thou

8 posts
2,270 battles

My friend who own Shoukaku said that after this patch, It's the end of the Dogfighting Era and Begining of the Strafing Era when the more squadron with good tactical setup win.

He use 2/2/2 Shoukaku setup and able to Meltdown Lexington 2 squadron FT with 1 squadron being the bait and other squadron strafing everything down, Resulting into lose of only 1 FT squadron to cut down or even annihilating 2 FT Lexington in one strafing run.

* I own Ranger and find that my life of 1/1/1 is harsher since Strafing make it harder to attacking enemy ship before your whole squadron wipe out.

However, If you are face against enemy that seem doesn't know how to strafing. Even 3/1/1 Hiryuu mean nothing to me since I can strafing all 3 FTs Squadron and make a serious loss of their FTs.

Edited by TKRotund

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

and if fighter vs fighter now is like being the hunter and hunted. observing one fighters if they will strafe then one wrong move, opposing fighters will feast at your mistakes and strafe you, but quite challenging cuz you need air superiority by shooting down enemy fighters but bad thing is bombers and tp will engage after one fighters shot down or neglect enemy ships cuz cv are more focused in dogfights/strafing than bombing. just correct me if im wrong

8 posts
2,270 battles

and if fighter vs fighter now is like being the hunter and hunted. observing one fighters if they will strafe then one wrong move, opposing fighters will feast at your mistakes and strafe you, but quite challenging cuz you need air superiority by shooting down enemy fighters but bad thing is bombers and tp will engage after one fighters shot down or neglect enemy ships cuz cv are more focused in dogfights/strafing than bombing. just correct me if im wrong

And not to mention some player who focus on Strafing DB/TB... It was totally devastating especially for long time servicing time USN TB...

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

And not to mention some player who focus on Strafing DB/TB... It was totally devastating especially for long time servicing time USN TB...

also, i notice ijn gain its superiority if it strafe correctly, before this patch usn fighters was feared by some ijn cv but now ijn fighters take it head on. meanwhie usn gain more advantage in shooting down tp and dive bombers, especially the ijn since they have multiple squadron to shot down. in short, ijn strafing is for counter usn fighters' air superiority and usn use strafe to shoot down multiple ijn squadron... thats what i obverse so far

253 posts

That's why i sold my Bogue right after finishing the second phase of ARP Kongo mission despite all the amazing results. Strafing is both annoying and fun. It's fun when you shoot the entire enemy squadron out of the sky and it's annoying when you get strafed... To the point that you can throw your keyboard at the monitor. Once i somehow... Tricked 2 enemy fighter squadrons into strafing each other... Damn it was hilarious.

Beta Tester
17 posts
9,385 battles

I am finding higher tier CV battles to be incredibly boring due to one reason: strafing.

You mean more skill-based? thanks to strafing CV player now doing "mlg starcraft 2 micro" 

211 posts
9,931 battles

It's kinda funny, in ranked i came across some IJN CV players that only used their fighters for strafing, they were getting at least 3 strafing runs before exhausting all their ammunition.

my USN fighters were just too slow to catch and lock down their fighters, funny antics but they did more damage then they would of engaging in a dog fight lol

You mean more skill-based? thanks to strafing CV player now doing "mlg starcraft 2 micro" 

yeah makes it a bit more cut-throat, mistakes can be severely punished.

121 posts

its funny to play ijn cv's planes getting shot down easily with my bogue's fighters

which has more ammos and manueverable and well.. its confusing sometimes to control them

but making the enemy planes blind at where my fighters is behind him is easy

Sign in to follow this