Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

Admiral Hipper

14 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles

After a hiatus, I am planning to recommence grinding her towards the Roon. Just want to seek your opinions on the following:

1. 5th module - TAS mod 1 or Concealment mod 1?

2. Camo - Type 1 (reduce detectability) or Type 2 (reduce enemy's firing accuracy)

Your thoughts/inputs will be much appreciated

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

1. Honestly I would save your money as IMO both upgrades aren't worth the cost.

2. I use Type 2.

23 posts
3,187 battles

I personally go type 2 camo

and for the mods i wouldnt go with either as there to damn expencive but if your determined id go with the concielment mod

good luck with hipper i love my roon and wouldnt trade it for any other ship (except hindenberg)

892 posts
7,853 battles

I personally go type 2 camo

and for the mods i wouldnt go with either as there to damn expencive but if your determined id go with the concielment mod

good luck with hipper i love my roon and wouldnt trade it for any other ship (except hindenberg)

I've been squirrelling away $$$ by farming with my lower tier ships, hence my hiatus from the Hipper. It's time to grind for a Roon, better ROF and cit armor. So yeah, thanks for all the feedbacks. Will do TAS and Camo Type 2. I suppose the same would apply for the Roon.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Who the hell ever use Type 1 camo on a bloody cruiser?

ME :D:D:D

I guess improving concealment would be more applicable for IJN cruisers since their detectability are generally lower compared to KM cruisers

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I guess improving concealment would be more applicable for IJN cruisers since their detectability are generally lower compared to KM cruisers

Actually i even run Camo type 1 on Battleship, may sound weird but with concealment set-up is much easier for me to get close to cruiser :P

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Concealment is essential on cruisers at high tier to disengage, or at least get into optimal firing range without taking too many salvos. TAS is a waste of credits.

Type 2 camo - detectability goes out the window once you commence firing, so no point in that.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Found this while trolling WoWs US forum.

Edit : You'll need a 15 points Captain :great:

"I found their detection range good for cruisers.  with the concealment Module the Hipper is 12.8, the Nurnberg is 12.6 with no module ( it cant get it), Konigsberg 12.4, Roon 13 with Module, Hindenberg is 16 without. But you can build a stealth cruiser with the camo Mod and captain skill  so take the Hipper at give it all of those and you get a detection range of 11km.  its max range is 17.7 so I think it can inisvafire at its max range. Hell the Konig with Camo, and concealment has a detection of 10.5km  and with AFT a range of 19.8. pare that with its good ROF and you are InvisaBombing  BBs across the map, same with Nurnberg only its detection range is 10.7kms

I might have to build one" http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/63997-admiral-hipper-which-5th-module-target-acquisition-or-concealment/

Edited by Xirvis

Sign in to follow this