You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HafizAkiyama

Screen freeze issue after executing the game

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
7 battles

I have this screen freeze issue after I recently installed WoW

after few minutes prior to executing the game, the screen just froze like that at the dock, while the background dock music is still playing. The screen just stay frozen until I had to manually end it using Task Manager (the game isn't stated as "not responding" in the task manager FYI).

I tried to jump in straight into the battle (intro battle) and the screen stuck at the battle loading page, but I can hear the sound of the ships firing guns n explosions soon afterwards.

here's my laptop's specs btw

CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U @ 1.8GHz (~2.4GHz)

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 720M

Memory: 8GB RAM

any tips/guidance/help/troubleshooting would be very helpful... thanks!

p.s : I've played the Closed Beta before and the game runs smoothly without any issue like this using the same laptop.

Senior Moderator, Alpha Tester, Already in Alpha Testers
116 posts
141 battles

I have this screen freeze issue after I recently installed WoW

after few minutes prior to executing the game, the screen just froze like that at the dock, while the background dock music is still playing. The screen just stay frozen until I had to manually end it using Task Manager (the game isn't stated as "not responding" in the task manager FYI).

I tried to jump in straight into the battle (intro battle) and the screen stuck at the battle loading page, but I can hear the sound of the ships firing guns n explosions soon afterwards.

here's my laptop's specs btw

CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U @ 1.8GHz (~2.4GHz)

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 720M

Memory: 8GB RAM

any tips/guidance/help/troubleshooting would be very helpful... thanks!

p.s : I've played the Closed Beta before and the game runs smoothly without any issue like this using the same laptop.

remove any mods.

make sure all drivers etc are up to date (check manufacturers, nvidia etc) 

run game as administrator.

Please remove that signature image as it is classed as likely to cause seizures due to the flash rate

~Centurion_ZL2

Beta Tester
8 posts
7 battles

remove any mods.

make sure all drivers etc are up to date (check manufacturers, nvidia etc) 

run game as administrator.

> remove any mods (check - heck, I dont even install mods in the first place lol)

> make sure all drivers etc are up to date (checked twice)

>run game as administrator (done)

still the same result, the screen just froze like that.... ._.

R0NIs4s.jpg

and to make things more bizarre, i can hear the background sounds/effect/music clearly as if i'm still in-game

Please remove that signature image as it is classed as likely to cause seizures due to the flash rate

~Centurion_ZL2

dude seriously... no one ever mentioned about this after I put it for quite some time already :/

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

hmm - OK this may be graphics setting mismatch.

Shut down the client and delete preferences.xml.  This will reset all settings to default.

Check again after that.

Beta Tester
8 posts
7 battles

hmm - OK this may be graphics setting mismatch.

Shut down the client and delete preferences.xml.  This will reset all settings to default.

Check again after that.

deleted the said xml file, but I still keep on getting the same result all over again ._.

Beta Tester
8 posts
7 battles

urm... it's already been almost a week now since my last post and unfortunately, I'M STILL UNABLE TO RESOLVE THIS SCREEN FREEZE ISSUE.

I've used all the possible solutions available but I'm still having this issue. I've been trying my best to fix this from my side but still no avail.  I also don't know whether you guys (the dev teams) are aware of my small problem (which probably affected me only) and personally tried to reach to me to solve this issue or even inform me whatsoever.

Once again, any tips/guidance/help/troubleshooting would be EXTREMELY grateful. And I hope someone can reach to me to fix this problem. Thank you very much for your help.

p/s: My hands are itching to use a red text wall. Pls don't make me do that ._.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

What is the model of the laptop? (nice to know what specs the system has) 

Does the laptop run dual GPU, I.E. Intel and Nvidia (I know a few do, and well as All in Ones) if so, check that the game is set to run on the NVidia and not Intell