Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MasaruKondera

[0.5.2.2][MOD][TOOL] Ship Name Selector (v0.4b)

22 comments in this topic

86 posts

You have enough from mistakes like "Myoko" or "Kongo"? You want to change the name from "Zao" to "Senjou"? Then this program will help you with that. I'm pressenting you my tool for WoWs.

6Utp1Eu.jpg

(Ship Name Selector)

Program infos:

Current Version: v0.4b (Beta state)

Windows only

Requirement: .net Framework 4.5 (Win Vista and newer)

Current Size: ~4MB

Features:

Current

• Change the name for nearly every Ship in the game. (Every Nation Included!)
  • Change the Nation Names to their Navy Counterpart.
    • e.g: U.S.A => U.S. Navy
  • Settings will be saved after closing the program.
  • Filters (Show only BBs, ect.)
  • Use prefixes (when availiable)
    • e.g: USS Phoenix, SMS Dresden ect.
  • Hull upgrades will change like the Shipname.
  • Mod Data handling Included (delete unsued files ect.)
  • Techtree Mod support
  • Commander Renaming
  • Commander Rank Renaming

Planned:

• Multilanguage Support
  • Correcting mistakes in the ship description

Installation

• Download the .net 4.5 Framework if it isn't installed already.
  • Download the program and extract it anywhere.
  • Run it
  • ??
  • Profit

When a new Update for WoWs arrives

• Start the WG Launcher and Update WoWs
  • Wait until it's finished
  • When it's finished start the SNS
  • Press Apply Changes
  • Wait until it tells you that it created the new file without any errors.
  • Start WoWs via the Launcher

Now you have your old setup in your WoWs Game without any problems. If a new prem ship, shipline was added watch out for a database update here. Until then the program still works but this ships are not changeable because the program doesn't know them.

0.4b - 08.01.2016

• Fixed wrong reference for Commander Tab Ranks (you can use new ranks now)
  • Fixed wrong text placement in the intro
  • Fixed missing entry for Fubuki

0.4a - 04.01.2016

• Added Bismarck Nameoption to Tirpitz (not default)
  • Fixed missing entry for Storozhevoi
  • Added commander first name renaming
  • Added commander last name renaming
  • Added commander rank renaming
  • Added Techtree Mod support when "Navies Ingame" is activated (Works for MasaruKonderas [sEA version in the work] Techtree & TheSeekers Techtree Extended Version [as found in Aslains Modpack])
  • Added Fubuki as a name option to Fubuki (as requested by a lot of people)
  • Added an Intro
  • Fixed Opening in background
  • Fixed some typos
  • More code improvement
  • Added a donation button

0.3a -25.12.2015

• Removed Kitakami from Kuma-class
  • Added Prem Ship Kitakami
  • Removed Emden from Dresden-class
  • Added Emden Prem Ship
  • Added Tone Prem Ship
  • Added Kamikaze Prem Ship with all sister ships
  • Added ARP Ships
    • Kongou
    • Myoukou
    • Kirishima
    • Haruna
    • Hiei
  • Corrected Iwaki Alpha
    • Added an Iwaki Alpha option, added default tag
    • Deleted Default Tag for Iwaki
  • Added possibility to use Arkansas as a Name
  • Added CAT Name Option Masamune for Myogi.
  • removed nations.xml
  • Added nations.dat
  • Created a way to update the database files without the need to redownload the complete program. Redownload the program for future database updates. New databases will not be compatible with v0.2a or older.
  • Added the possibility to sort by classes.

0.2a - 23.12.2015

• Reworked GUI
  • Added Russia,Germany,Polan & UK as Nations
  • Added all Ships that are currently playable
  • Added an Auto Save function (Ships aren't going to reset again)

Screenshots:

LP4xMKJ.jpg

2hP1ZA8.jpg

MoBpjTR.jpg

giudy2E.jpg

T4m0VQR.jpg

aJ9gV2U.jpg

You found a Bug in this Version? Or a spelling mistake? Then please report it in this topic so that i can eleminate it. Things that help me: Try to replicate it and write down every step. Information is everything to me if i want to kill these Bugs.

DOWNLOAD SHIP NAME SELECTOR v0.4b

this mod supports only english clients

searching for people that would like to help me with a translation of the program for multi language support so that i can support japanese, chinese and other clients

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

Mirror 2 (MediaFire)

Last but not least i want to make a shoutout to chamorro for helping me with the first version from the so called Shipdatabase and for helping me finding bugs in the program. I also want to make a shoutout to OVanBruce for helping me testing this program.

Edited by MasaruKondera

34 posts

for some reason.. the SNS only load not even all the ship

what the wrong thing I have done, poi?

SECi2FM.png

PS: is there a way I can rename the ship myself like the commander, and also can rename the equipment too? :>

I like doing stupid thing like this xD

opKzWXq.jpg

Edited by Xerb_Senpai59

86 posts

for some reason.. the SNS only load not even all the ship

what the wrong thing I have done, poi?

SECi2FM.png

press the gear symbol and open the options with that. After that uncheck "changed per default" checkbox. All ships that you can change should be visible then. To see all ships check "unchangeable ships". :hiding:

It's mentioned in the intro btw :rolleyes:

Edited by MasaruKondera

86 posts

ok thank, poi :>

are there option for me to rename the ship by myself?

It's not possible. It's just possible to choose real names which were used by americans, japanese and so on. So a Kongo can't be named Fuso or something like that. just Haruna, Kirishima, Hiei or Kongo are possible as a name for the ship. On the other side it is possible to use every name for the commanders or ranks.
Edited by MasaruKondera

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Just a minor point - S.M.S. only applies to Imperial German Navy ships, which is pretty much Dresden, Emden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, and theoretically, Hermelin.

86 posts

Just a minor point - S.M.S. only applies to Imperial German Navy ships, which is pretty much Dresden, Emden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, and theoretically, Hermelin.

Which is included in this way.

vHz6RrK.jpg

42OnR7D.jpg

And Hermelin is from 1939 where the "Kaiserliche marine" didn't exist. So it's not used there.

In the normal techtree they are merged but still SMS is only used on ships like Emden.

Edited by MasaruKondera

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

This mod can't use japanese kanjis or similar letters/signs due to client restrictions.

May I suggest bundling your tool with the font files (fonts_all.swf, fontconfig.xml) within this mod pack? This allows players to view Japanese kanji.

86 posts

May I suggest bundling your tool with the font files (fonts_all.swf, fontconfig.xml) within this mod pack? This allows players to view Japanese kanji.

Bundling is always a little bit difficult. I just don't want to copy paste something without a "yes y can do it" from the creator...

A week or so ago i tried to merge the english and the sea font pack but i horrible failed at that. the space between the letteres was just too big.

the next thing is that it is also an unknown variable. when they change it and the creator isn't there anymore... well then i'm screwed and couldn't support it any longer :/

thats difficult :/ And does it also support ÖÄÜ?? this is important for the german tech tree... or the letters which are important for poland and so on. It's not that easy :/

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Bundling is always a little bit difficult. I just don't want to copy paste something without a "yes y can do it" from the creator...

A week or so ago i tried to merge the english and the sea font pack but i horrible failed at that. the space between the letteres was just too big.

the next thing is that it is also an unknown variable. when they change it and the creator isn't there anymore... well then i'm screwed and couldn't support it any longer :/

thats difficult :/ And does it also support ÖÄÜ?? this is important for the german tech tree... or the letters which are important for poland and so on. It's not that easy :/

Technically, that guy who made that modpack didn't make that font file. He just copypasted the font files from the official Chinese WoWS client; the files are created by WG.

I've checked both the files from the modpack and the official client, and the filesize, CRC32 and md5 hash are completely matching.

In regards to German umlauts (ÖÄÜ), these are working perfectly fine, refer to the following screenshot:

H7cEeSG.jpg

The main problem with these font files, however, is that it has problems displaying the "ł" in Błyskawica (tier 7 Polish DD), and renders it as a "▯" instead.

N7cSCkj.jpg

And for some reason, only in the player lists during battles, the "ō" in "ARP Kongō" is displayed irregularly (strangely enough, this problem does not occur in the port screen when viewing commander names and ranks).

KZmohNB.jpg

Edited by benlisquare

86 posts

Technically, that guy who made that modpack didn't make that font file. He just copypasted the font files from the official Chinese WoWS client; the files are created by WG.

I've checked both the files from the modpack and the official client, and the filesize, CRC32 and md5 hash are completely matching.

hmm.. A problem is also with the Ä, Ö, Ü ect.

Idk if these are also supported. Becasue new font means also a restriction if it isn't in the client.

EDIT:

sometimes waiting helps a lot xD

hmm... it will be difficult to find a font which supports everything. I could try to merge the eu version with this font. But i can't tell you if it will look nice :/

i will give it a try again.. (did this once before as y know)

Edited by MasaruKondera

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

hmm... it will be difficult to find a font which supports everything. I could try to merge the eu version with this font. But i can't tell you if it will look nice :/

i will give it a try again.. (did this once before as y know)

From what I know, the EU client font file is identical to that of the English version of the SEA server client. The SEA server launcher allows you to choose between English, Chinese, Japanese and Thai locale clients, and each of these different locales actually use different font files. For instance, the Chinese client doesn't support Korean display, and the Japanese client doesn't support Thai display.

qZuc5co.jpg

The English client font supports Latin (ABCDEFG, ÖÄÜ, ł), Cyrillic (АБВГДЕЁЖ) and Thai (อักษรไทย) letters.

The Traditional Chinese client font supports Latin, Cyrillic, Simplified Chinese (简体汉字), Kanji/Traditional Chinese (繁體漢字), Japanese Hiragana (ひらがな), and Japanese Katakana (カタカナ).

The Japanese client font supports Latin, Cyrillic, Kanji/Traditional Chinese, Japanese Hiragana, Japanese Katakana, and Korean Hangul (한글).

86 posts

From what I know, the EU client font file is identical to that of the English version of the SEA server client. The SEA server launcher allows you to choose between English, Chinese, Japanese and Thai locale clients, and each of these different locales actually use different font files. For instance, the Chinese client doesn't support Korean display, and the Japanese client doesn't support Thai display.

qZuc5co.jpg

The English client font supports Latin (ABCDEFG, ÖÄÜ, ł), Cyrillic (АБВГДЕЁЖ) and Thai (อักษรไทย) letters.

The Traditional Chinese client font supports Latin, Cyrillic, Simplified Chinese (简体汉字), Kanji/Traditional Chinese (繁體漢字), Japanese Hiragana (ひらがな), and Japanese Katakana (カタカナ).

The Japanese client font supports Latin, Cyrillic, Kanji/Traditional Chinese, Japanese Hiragana, Japanese Katakana, and Korean Hangul (한글).

would be a lot of easier if they would just use a font which support everything.. i mean: I also see all characters on the firefox.. so why not using this standard font... xD

it's like: We need to make the live of modders like HELL.. okay... they need to do it at some fields.. but not at this field xD

EDIT:

Well.. we have finally reached the limits from a certain data type.

The Sans Hans Font, which is used for his mod pack, is good for SEA clients. I won't tell you anything else... But we have reached the limit for fonts. there are over 100.000 possible characters. The problem is that the data type, which is used for the Sans Hans font, reached already the max amount of characters. That's something around 65.000 characters and i can't add more to it. :look:Insane that there are people out there that designs so many characters...:amazed: so there is only one way.. change it to a "l" which is avaliable..:child:

Really supported is only the english client at the moment. I totally forgot about that. I would need the global.mo files from EVERY client to support everyone (which isn't the problem at all)... But i need some "new" sentences so that i can change the old ones so i would need people that could help me with translating the program from english into [their from wg supported native language]... :/ not very easy to find such people...
Edited by MasaruKondera

Super Tester
315 posts
4,231 battles

Which is included in this way.

vHz6RrK.jpg

42OnR7D.jpg

And Hermelin is from 1939 where the "Kaiserliche marine" didn't exist. So it's not used there.

In the normal techtree they are merged but still SMS is only used on ships like Emden.

can you give me the download link ? i have account in EU so...i want to check that :3

86 posts

can you give me the download link ? i have account in EU so...i want to check that :3

[EU][0.5.2.1][MOD]Masaru's Techtree [EU] - Mods - World of Warships official forum

Install instructions:

put techtree into the res_mods folder...

run SNS...

activate Navies ingame (gear symbol and then checkbox)

???

Profit

Edited by MasaruKondera

Super Tester
315 posts
4,231 battles

[EU][0.5.2.1][MOD]Masaru's Techtree [EU] - Mods - World of Warships official forum

Install instructions:

put techtree into the res_mods folder...

run SNS...

activate Navies ingame (gear symbol and then checkbox)

???

Profit

well...i tested from EU and Asia and seem like there is no problem with that mod . It's avaliable for Asia . 

gui -> lobby -> shipstree_EU shipstree_ASIA . Problem solved

Edited by Zekamashimakaze

86 posts

well...i tested from EU and Asia and seem like there is no problem with that mod . It's avaliable for Asia . 

gui -> lobby -> shipstree_EU shipstree_ASIA . Problem solved

at least if y play with an english client.

86 posts

Due to that i can't change the topic titel:

This mod is 0.5.2.2 compatible!

PS: is there a reason for this o.0 (@EU & NA it's editable...) don't want to create everytime a new topic or something like that :/

Edited by MasaruKondera

86 posts

We created a new modding group and started a new website.

For future updates visit the new topic or our website (which you can find in the new topic): http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/12479-wo-era-mods-ship-name-selector-techtree-redux-skins-ect/

We also have an update for the Ship Name Selector and the techtree which are downloadable at our website.

Also: This thread will be closed soon.