Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sting_Ray_05

Question about In-game name change

11 comments in this topic

51 posts
504 battles

arn't gold and doubloons the same thing just in different games? gold for tanks, doubloons for ships.

I know in WOT it cost a fair amount of gold to change name. 5000 from memory.

724 posts
2,166 battles

Can doubloons be used to change names or is it limited to just gold? I will delete this topic immediately once answered. 

Thank you. 

I believe as long as you have doubloons/gold in your account, you can change your name by going to your Account Management tab.

350 posts

Pardon my coming back to this thread, but I did purchase some gold (about 3,000) and the message that I got is that it is now in the game. 

Knowing that I finally have the gold, I tried again to change my in-game name once again with the same results. Does this mean that I have to download World of Tanks as well in order to get my newly purchased gold and finally change my ign? 

Truth to tell, I don't think my laptop has enough memory for two Wargaming games as it only had 4 GB of memory total and I already used half of it for World of Warships.

Any answer would be really appreciated since playing with your real name isn't really that smart and I only did that due to frustration of making a username in the first place. 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Pardon my coming back to this thread, but I did purchase some gold (about 3,000) and the message that I got is that it is now in the game. 

Knowing that I finally have the gold, I tried again to change my in-game name once again with the same results. Does this mean that I have to download World of Tanks as well in order to get my newly purchased gold and finally change my ign? 

Truth to tell, I don't think my laptop has enough memory for two Wargaming games as it only had 4 GB of memory total and I already used half of it for World of Warships.

Any answer would be really appreciated since playing with your real name isn't really that smart and I only did that due to frustration of making a username in the first place. 

If you look at the very top right of the forum you should see your IGN. Click on it, and a drop down will appear to show your WoT and WoWS account. The amount of gold you purchased should be listed in your WoT account.

If your WoT account isn't even listed there, try logging into the WoT forum (it may require a first time login before it appears).

Finally, make sure that the gold you purchased is from the ASIA premium shop, not from any other region.

If all else fails, submit a ticket to support.

350 posts

If you look at the very top right of the forum you should see your IGN. Click on it, and a drop down will appear to show your WoT and WoWS account. The amount of gold you purchased should be listed in your WoT account.

If your WoT account isn't even listed there, try logging into the WoT forum (it may require a first time login before it appears).

Finally, make sure that the gold you purchased is from the ASIA premium shop, not from any other region.

If all else fails, submit a ticket to support.

Thank you for the reply, but I was forced to take the last option since I did buy from the Asia premium shop last night and I could not find a WOT account despite logging in the said forum twice and read some threads in the newcomer section while I'm at it.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

So you don't see a WoT profile like this?

bXKO9Mx.jpg

There is one other thing you can try, if there's a net cafe with WoT installed somewhere near you, you could try login into WoT from there without installing the client into your computer. Or try it via a friend's PC/laptop that has the WoT client installed.

350 posts

So you don't see a WoT profile like this?

There is one other thing you can try, if there's a net cafe with WoT installed somewhere near you, you could try login into WoT from there without installing the client into your computer. Or try it via a friend's PC/laptop that has the WoT client installed.

I am really sorry, but no. I will look for a a net cafe with WOT installed here in QC as I do not know anyone with a WOT on his PC/laptop installed.

Still thank you for the advice.

Sign in to follow this