Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

In-battle indication of prowess.

6 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,362 battles

There are times when I think it would be a good thing to be able to see the cumulative abilities of the other folk in the team.

Some icon or maybe just a numerical indicator that says (not literally, but as an indication) "This player is experienced - he has over xxx battles to his credit".

This would then allow even those who do not speak English to get an immediate indication of the level of expertise of his team and allow him the chance to determine which tactics he should follow.

Just an idea.

219 posts
3,362 battles

I'm more concerned about the fact that it is virtually impossible to communicate with non-English-speaking team-mates when in battle.

The default phrases are of little help when trying to co-ordinate team tactics with people whose abilities are unknown.

Edited by HenryCrun

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Sorry...I have no idea what "XVM" might be.

So if I've suggested an equivalent then it is pure coincidence.

In short, a team from Poland is working on an unofficial add-on to the game, which lets you compare people's gameplay stats whilst in-game. Player names are colour-coded (in order of skill: red, yellow, green, cyan, purple) in the sidebars, so you can compare the players on both teams, and adjust your combat strategy accordingly. This may range from focus-firing on highly skilled enemies, or providing supporting fire for team members which are likely to carry the match.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/11996-xvm-for-world-of-warships/page__pid__165117#entry165117

Edited by benlisquare

Sign in to follow this