You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

Ranked battle afk/bots

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,573 battles

Hi Devs

Something needs to be done with ranked battles to ensure the players in the game are committed. I don't mind losing, but losing a star because your CV or a BB or even a DD did nothing all game or only started playing 5 mins into the game is not on. 

My suggestion is to implement a 'spawn in' check, just because they were in the queue does not mean they are still ready to play. Ie check that the players are ready somehow.

Failing this, is it possible to make it that if you lose a game because of 1 of these non-players, you do not lose a star? 

Furthermore, these people should be banned from ranked, i'd even go as far as to say random as well. If they want to play casually, let them play co-op. 

[content removed]

Naming and shaming. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by Pseudoscope

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,573 battles

Apologies for the 'naming and shaming' wasn't aiming to hurt that player, he may have dropped out or something, wasn't posting to hurt him, I just want to help ranked play and show that it does happen.

Edited by Pseudoscope

219 posts
3,348 battles

There have been several occasions where I have had to leave the field unintentionally.......real life does throw up situations which need immediate attention.

7 posts
4,204 battles

There have been several occasions where I have had to leave the field unintentionally.......real life does throw up situations which need immediate attention.

Yes, there's plenty of us with young kids or wives that don't care if your game has just started...

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,573 battles

This is one of the main reasons I don't do ranked battles :sceptic:

This is the problem right here, you don't care. Ranked play is for those of us who want to compete and dedicate ourselves to the game. If you've got other commitments, ranked battle isn't for you.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

This is the problem right here, you don't care. Ranked play is for those of us who want to compete and dedicate ourselves to the game. If you've got other commitments, ranked battle isn't for you.

I just said I don't care......... :ohmy:

I don't play them so you need never worry about me...... :bajan:

Edited by Krieg

575 posts
5,354 battles

When you have AFKers/Bots and win traders, yeah no, ranked isn't worth it. There's a distinct difference in this seasons ranked than it was last season. Not worth trying it anymore; hence I stopped playing.