You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thingol

Koenigsberg or Nuremberg which to keep?

13 comments in this topic

168 posts
5,667 battles

I am thinking of keeping either one of these when I get further up the German line.

it looks to me like the tier VI is not that much of an improvement over the V.

which one do you think is more of a keeper?

20 posts
2,066 battles

personally the Nuremberg is my keeper, yes it is not a major improvement but the reload is awesome, surprised quite a few Clevelands with it. I enjoyed both after the T4 which I still have nightmares about. 

168 posts
5,667 battles

I should add that I am also going to be keeping a Cleveland.

And sorry Nuernberg (damn you iPhone auto-correct).

Baisically I wanted to keep 1 or 2 "best of breed" mid tier 6" cruisers for fun and profit, because with the IJN I found that gameplay changes when you get to the 8"

20 posts
2,066 battles

i kept the nurn simply because i found it a longer range Cleveland, yes its HE damage is bad but the ability to hit targets from just under 20k's away and do it reliably to has earned me quite a few kills, not to mention the torps can be a nasty surprise (especially Cleveland captains who for some reason love to get close, doing this won a ranked battle match getting 5 torps into a full health cleveland).

I have both the Cleve and Nurn and will be keeping them both. I played the Aoba during the beta and was not a big fan of it. Although this is only for now, we still have the British cruisers to come yet.

Edited by Revan00

460 posts
8,289 battles

I am about to get the Nurnberg so I can't comment on it's game play, but I will probably keep the Konigsberg over it because the Nurnberg is pretty close in terms of stats and will likely get much tougher enemies. That and the Konigsberg is pretty dang good.

168 posts
5,667 battles

I am about to get the Nurnberg so I can't comment on it's game play, but I will probably keep the Konigsberg over it because the Nurnberg is pretty close in terms of stats and will likely get much tougher enemies. That and the Konigsberg is pretty dang good.

Yeah that's the point I am at.  It's actually more a question of when I start a new captain than anything else.

He's pretty close now to getting AFT, which will make the Koenigsberg's range quite scary in it's tier.  I think I would want different skills for the Yorck upwards.

My games with the Aoba have been quite polarised, a few exceptionally good ones and a lot of quite bad ones.

Edited by Thingol

892 posts
7,853 battles

I was in a similar dilemma some months back and decided to keep the Nurnberg in port. Although the K'berg is marginally more nimble, the N'berg's guns rotate quicker and have higher ROF. The latter has a float place too!

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

Yeah that's the point I am at.  It's actually more a question of when I start a new captain than anything else.

He's pretty close now to getting AFT, which will make the Koenigsberg's range quite scary in it's tier.  I think I would want different skills for the Yorck upwards.

My games with the Aoba have been quite polarised, a few exceptionally good ones and a lot of quite bad ones.

Think twice about AFT on the Kongsberg. Put it on mine, paid dubloons to reskill for demo expert. The extra flight time on that extra range was about 4 seconds if I recall, as bad or worse rhan the Cleveland. Surprised me as standard I find the guns to be very flat firing.n

At 16.5 the standard range is pretty damn good anyway. Past 17 with AFT I couldn't hit a thing. And the AA on these I crape, so the boost AFT gives to the range sis marginal. The 88s on the Koenig have a dpm of THREE.

Just my 2 cents.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I had Aoba, Noonburger and Cleaver once but the Cleaver was sold for scrap. Wasn't impressed by it. So now my functional tier 6 would be Aoba and  Noonburger. Farragut just got pulled back from retirement for the ARP event.

460 posts
8,289 battles

Yeah that is one thing the Nurnberg does have over the Konigsberg, better AA. But planes haven't been much of an issue for me on the konigsberg because of how nimble it is.

If I'm keeping the previous ship I often start a new captain as the retraining time can be longer than getting some of the base skills!

70 posts
4,674 battles

Just went from Karlsruhe to Konigsberg I Got 3 kills first run, one BB and then even with motor incapacitated two JP CA's.  It's like going from dating wench of the week to dating penthouse pet of the year!

As per http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8251-notice-on-the-abbreviation-of-japanjapanese/

the use of the abbreviation "jap" is considered derogatory and prohibited.

Post Edited.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

121 posts

i prefer iceberg because its range is high as a weed

its also good if you have friendly cleveland nearby and having a teamwork

Content modified, derogatory remark, user sanctioned 

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259