Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_HardHitter_

Catapult Fighter or Spotting Aircraft on 7+ tier BB?

8 comments in this topic

58 posts
3,607 battles

On my cruisers the catapult fighters always gets killed and never helps to save from enemy torpedo bombers...so i wanna ask that in high tier BBs is catapult fighters as useless as middle tier cruisers or they are more powerful and worth mounting? (Or just stick to spotting aircraft to increase firing range for a while?)

Sorry for bad english and thank you!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I always pick Catapult Fighter because it can stay in the air longer and able to spot torpedoes and DDs around more effectively, while i dont really need Spotting Aircraft because i can't hit anythings in high angle view and extra range the shell dispersion will be really horrible + its only stay up for 1:30 too short to make a difference :D:D:D

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

But can catapult fighter actually kill enemy aircraft?

yes, they can also cause attacking squadrons to lose accuracy and have the same effect as AA barrage if the fighter scout happens to catch the attacking planes in its orbit

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

But can catapult fighter actually kill enemy aircraft?

Not really, but when Catapult Fighter engage Torpedoes Bomber and Dive Bomber it will make their drop spread and will result in less % of hit to your ship anyways also is give me some peace of mind that i can deal more damage to enemy planes :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this