Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
captain_scarlet

nurnberg now floating bomb

18 comments in this topic

88 posts
4,151 battles

Too bad WG decided to nerf the Nurnberg - now a one hit wonder for cleveland and any other BB

Had one match where 3 devasting strikes hit at same time and other matches detonated by one shot wonders from 20Km away

Too bad it has become a floating bomb - was a good ship before 5.2 

hit box for magazine must be whole ship and only ever receive heavy damage hits

so sad

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

The Nuremberg has always been that way. She was not nerfed.

253 posts

Get used to it and don't get shot. Nurnberg has much better shell velocity than Cleve so she is much better at long range engagement. Take advantage of that.

She is so fragile compared to Cleve. Cleve has the best armor among all mid tier cruisers.

Edited by ArchitakuVNN

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

lol hard to not get shot, when the first warning you are being fired at is a salvo streaking through the air some 400 meters from you from all invisible enemies. but yeh, once the game has been going for 5 mins, try not to get shot!. my nurn is very delicate also.

892 posts
7,853 battles

My N'berg still goes down fighting as always. Did not notice any nerf'ed effects. For German ships up to Tier 6, the following are must haves:

1. Main Batt Mod 1 - reduces chance of detonations
  2. Propulsion Mod 1 - dang German engines seem to get incapacitated too easily/regularly

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,457 battles

Nurmberg is indeed a grenade with the pin already pulled. Bump her the wrong way and she'll insta-plode.

I have to concede, I really dont understand the German cruisers armour modelling. Angling seems to provide less protection than with even USN cruisers.

Anyone got any tips? The one that sh*ts me the most is the high propensity to take citadels or near citadel damage from the direct rear.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Nurmberg is indeed a grenade with the pin already pulled. Bump her the wrong way and she'll insta-plode.

I have to concede, I really dont understand the German cruisers armour modelling. Angling seems to provide less protection than with even USN cruisers.

Anyone got any tips? The one that sh*ts me the most is the high propensity to take citadels or near citadel damage from the direct rear.

just don't get hit, at all :P 

892 posts
7,853 battles

I shall call it NukeBomb or Nukeberg from now on :P

Nice coinage! Though its a floating nuke, I do still enjoy sailing her. If only we could slap on more armor to its oversized citadel. I swear, its citadel must start from her bow and end at her stern

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Nice coinage! Though its a floating nuke, I do still enjoy sailing her. If only we could slap on more armor to its oversized citadel. I swear, its citadel must start from her bow and end at her stern

To borrow what another user had said about the Pensacola: "The only part of the ship that is not a citadel is probably the flag :P".

892 posts
7,853 battles

To borrow what another user had said about the Pensacola: "The only part of the ship that is not a citadel is probably the flag :P".

Hahahaha.....that made my day!:great:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

dont forget this girl

eHwzjkR.jpg

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,457 battles

I shall call it NukeBomb or Nukeberg from now on :P

Am a fan of Nukeberg! Good call. 

Let us agree then, she shall forever be known from this date as the Nukeberg. All hail her frailty!

892 posts
7,853 battles

its seems that the nurnberg needs a little bit fresh fix and when i got my nurnberg BAM!! instadeath

compared to konigs i didnt get instadeathed much

Hence, its called Nukeberg

Super Tester
1,310 posts

actually.

konigs/nurn has been buffed in last patch

they used to have dead engine/rudder everytime they got hit by shell. heck even DD HE shell will kill their engine/rudder

now, i almost never got engine/rudder dead from low cal (155mm and below) HE shell from enemy

but if its BB HE shell, expect to have dead rudder/engine

also low cal AP still has low chance to kill their rudder/engine. but if it AP from BBs, expect them have their ship dead before their engine/rudder :teethhappy:

but yeah. even after that buff. nurnberg still as thin as paper

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

I've been a bit unlucky with the Nurnberg and Konigsberg as 3 out of my 11 detonations have come from these ships. 2 of them were literally the first shots that I've taken in a game :D:D.

Edited by EnochIsHere

Sign in to follow this