Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

XVM for World of Warships

52 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

Only a matter of time till it turns up. so for all those who do not want their stats showing up in battle (unicum and tomato alike)NOW is a good time to turn your stats to private, this can be found on your profile page just below your "Account Type" which is a little below your name on the left side of the page.

Note: have tested it with "warships.today" and yes it does stop your information from going to third party.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

"Oh noes, everyone will see that I'm average at best!"

- quote, myself, shortly after xvm became a thing in WoT

The only people that would use xvm to estimate someone's "worth" in-game

are the ones already telling their teams that it's their fault.

So from my point of view there won't be much of a change.

That said, most people won't switch their profiles to private anyway, since they hardly

ever read the news or forums, hence not much of an effect will be had on

the "Omcg my team is so bad!" players.

Edited by Retia

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i want to hide the fact that even after playung > 1.000 match, i still cant do a proper citadel hit

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Whenever you hoist your Ranked Battle League flag, everybody on your opposite side starts shooting you at the first sight, lads, ha, ha, ha....!!!!:teethhappy:

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,109 battles

XVM for World of Warships is currently being developed by a team from Poland, I've been informed.

Someone sent me these WIP screenshots, I don't know exactly who the team is.

screen2.png

screen.png

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Whenever you hoist your Ranked Battle League flag, everybody on your opposite side starts shooting you at the first sight, lads, ha, ha, ha....!!!!:teethhappy:

Not so many peoples noticed about it, even in the same division :D:D:D

[AE]
202 posts
9,623 battles

They had to do it eh? Not content with making some player's experiences in WoT more difficult, they want it for WoWs now.

Guess which ships will be targeted relentlessly by carrier players? Guess which will be the ones first singled out in groups.

In WoT a good player at least didn't HAVE to expose himself. No hiding in this game. Watch the way the game goes when people start seeing carrier planes making a beeline for them EACH time.

I recommended months ago that WG had to make sure it didn't happen, because it will spoil a lot of peoples games

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

They had to do it eh? Not content with making some player's experiences in WoT more difficult, they want it for WoWs now.

Guess which ships will be targeted relentlessly by carrier players? Guess which will be the ones first singled out in groups.

In WoT a good player at least didn't HAVE to expose himself. No hiding in this game. Watch the way the game goes when people start seeing carrier planes making a beeline for them EACH time.

I recommended months ago that WG had to make sure it didn't happen, because it will spoil a lot of peoples games

So what you're saying is that unicums should wr pad in BBs, because everyone will uselessly shoot them for 15 minutes

while their team murders the entire enemy fleet...

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

So what you're saying is that unicums should wr pad in BBs, because everyone will uselessly shoot them for 15 minutes

while their team murders the entire enemy fleet...

I think the point he is trying to make is.....if you can shoot at 2 enemy ships, one is a "tomato" the other "unicum" then you are not going to shoot at the "tomato" as he can't carry, you are going to shoot at the "unicum" because he can carry.......unless you hit him hard now so he can't carry

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,671 battles

Some of us didn't use XVM in WoT to shout profanities and the like.
Some of us simply used it to gauge what we could expect from certain players. It was never hardcore science, but anyone with a decent amount of games and a positive win rate (51+) could be expected to play relatively well within their class.

This of course went out the window half the time with language barriers, however overall if used correctly I think XVM is a good thing. Stats don't mean everything and they don't mean nothing at all either.

I think XVM is great, it's how it's interpreted that's the good or bad thing

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

I think the point he is trying to make is.....if you can shoot at 2 enemy ships, one is a "tomato" the other "unicum" then you are not going to shoot at the "tomato" as he can't carry, you are going to shoot at the "unicum" because he can carry.......unless you hit him hard now so he can't carry

And my point is that someone with bad stats prolly won't survive being targeted, because "Hurr durr what is a citadel? Like a fortress or something?"

Meanwhile the unicum will survive a lot longer while also dealing damage, all while the player with worse stats sails around scot free dealing damage to the enemy team.

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

And my point is that someone with bad stats prolly won't survive being targeted, because "Hurr durr what is a citadel? Like a fortress or something?"

Meanwhile the unicum will survive a lot longer while also dealing damage, all while the player with worse stats sails around scot free dealing damage to the enemy team.

Thats why i dont mind about XVM, Showing my stats ? sooooo ? :D:D:D

333 posts
17,259 battles

I would be suspicious of anyone hiding their stats why? think about the  reasons someone would hid their stats If you had good stats would you hide them or would you  brag about it and abuse anyone who has worse stas as a NOOB, scrub tomato, potato etc.

[content removed]

I found that a few days ago.

It isn't the only reason though. Any thing that they have to say  about how to play the game opinions etc would be sus as they could say anything and you couldn't check their stats to back it up.

As it stands now if I see someone hitting my ship every single time at range despite manuvering and changing speed I check their stats to see how good they are. if their accuracy for the relevant ship is below a certain number that I set arbitrarily (25 %) then they will be reported as using bots. likewise hiding your profile is just a red flag to me and you will be reported as bot if you do the same thing. I have no tolerance for cheats and hiding your stats to me suggests that you have something to hide ergo you're a cheater using an aimbot.

BTW I am  planning on uploading my replays over the last few days I just need to play my ships(50) enough so that I have a proper sample for evaluation. 

Linking inappropriate material. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

One of the big complaints about XVM in WoT is that arty preferentially target the good players and make their ability to carry more difficult. For this to happen someone has to spot for arty and there are preventative measures that can be taken, but in WoWS CV's are their own spotters. Allowing XVM to exist in WoWS will give CV's players greater influence in battles, more so than the other ship types because they can attack anywhere on the map.

Whether you think introducing XVM is a good thing or not, you will have to admit that introducing XVM will change the way this game is played.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Whether you think introducing XVM is a good thing or not, you will have to admit that introducing XVM will change the way this game is played.

But for only small portion of player anyways (because not everyone using it), and those player are still using their own skills to play.

I rather want WG to focus on other kind of mod that allowed player to cheat in some ways (such as weak spot skin) and thats what really affect the games :D:D:D

[L6G]
Senior Moderator
2,569 posts

As it stands now if I see someone hitting my ship every single time at range despite manuvering and changing speed I check their stats to see how good they are. if their accuracy for the relevant ship is below a certain number that I set arbitrarily (25 %) then they will be reported as using bots. likewise hiding your profile is just a red flag to me and you will be reported as bot if you do the same thing. I have no tolerance for cheats and hiding your stats to me suggests that you have something to hide ergo you're a cheater using an aimbot.

So instead of respecting someone's right to privacy, you will spam the report system.

My stats are set to private, if you think I use an aimbot, or I cheat because if that, then you can prove it to WG.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

likewise hiding your profile is just a red flag to me and you will be reported as bot if you do the same thing. I have no tolerance for cheats and hiding your stats to me suggests that you have something to hide ergo you're a cheater using an aimbot.

I fell aimbots and XVM to be on par with each other, as they give a player using it information on other players playing style (if you have half a brain and know how to use it).

While I'm at it your calling an option put in by WG cheating but a third party mod is fine :ohmy:

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

XVM require skill to shoot, Aimbot,Wallhack and other cheat do not require skill to do so :D:D:D

Aimbots tell you were to shoot  (I believe), XVM tells you who to shoot. :P

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Aimbots tell you where to shoot  (I believe), XVM tells you who to shoot. :P

Aimbots mean the program that automatically aim the target for you which will increase the hit possibility, is not just tell, it do everything's for you all you have to do is click :D:D:D 

Here Urban Dict for you Link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Aimbot

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,671 battles

Aimbots tell you were to shoot  (I believe), XVM tells you who to shoot. :P

I can manually look up the stats of all enemy team members prior to 1 minute in game... Is this cheating?

333 posts
17,259 battles

I fell aimbots and XVM to be on par with each other, as they give a player using it information on other players playing style (if you have half a brain and know how to use it).

While I'm at it your calling an option put in by WG cheating but a third party mod is fine :ohmy:

The aimbot mod that was in the game was removed by wargaming quite sometime ago so their position is known. They It was  removed in 0.3.1. Secondly  didn't a super tester on the EU server upload a video showing them using an aimbot a few weeks back I remember reading bout it on reddit and it caused a feces storm.

As far as XVM is concerned I  never used it and only started WOT a 6 weeks ago roughly. So as far as its effect I can only go on secondhand information and opinions. I get focused on  a semi regular basis already especially if I go one way while most of the rest of the team goes to the other flank. Sometimes that is actually necessary. There are many reasons why you would get focused on and XVM would likely be only one of them. I don't think I would sail across the map just to pound on someone because they have good stats, it would be a waste of time. even if a unicum was close there would need to be another reason to focus on them like whats going on in game right then.

So instead of respecting someone's right to privacy, you will spam the report system.

My stats are set to private, if you think I use an aimbot, or I cheat because if that, then you can prove it to WG.

First you would actually have to hit me repeatedly and consecutively at medium to long range ( under 12 km and you dont have time to dodge unless you're in a DD most of the time) dependent on the ship doing the firing and the maneuverability of mine. Second I would also have to actually be maneuvering actively and yes i would also have to be watching your shots coming in. I really doubt that anyone could hit a target that is changing its course at that range continually.  Looking at the actual stat takes place after the battle is ended for me and only if I am already suspicious I look at number of battles the broad accuracy then the specific ship accuracy.  All the other numbers are barely relevant.

I am also pretty certain that I have been reported for using a bot as occasionally my accuracy for individual battles reaches 75 % my average accuracy  is around 30 percent.

I also have replays enabled and have started to keep the ones that are dodgy fortunately they are few.   Replays are the best evidence for that? other than yourself actually  uploading a replay with the aimbot active during recording then it wont happen without comprimising the security of your system which incidentally is unethical.

I don't know why you would want to keep your stats private that's your choice. I think it just looks sus if you do that. There isn't any identifying information like emails etc wisible  AFIK and I trust WG with the keeping those confidential.

Also I would be looking for any information on the abilities of my team mates and of the enemy to ascertain how the battle would go and the ships that need to be taken out of the battle. I would start by looking at your ship flags signals and camo.

Edited by Moganite

Sign in to follow this