Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EliteBrekkieRoll

soo why bother with Battleships?

72 comments in this topic

13 posts
2,649 battles

so why bother with battleships were you can just spam torps in cruisers in world of tanks comparison i would rather be in a bulldog then looking silly in a heavy tanks except in world of war ships torps will pen everytime

give me one reason why  in this torp depended game 

13 posts
2,649 battles

Because BBs can potentally magazine detonate stuff given the RNG?

Because CVs need to feed?

except battleships has such poor range and extreamly slow you can simply fire upon one without getting hit yourself 
Edited by JeepStuff

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Battleships, poor range? You must be at low tiers then. Hold that opinion until you reach the Kongou.

Also, noticed that you're a Battlefield Friends fan. Noob FTW!

5 posts
657 battles

Get to Myogi and feel the range

Myogi with full upgrade has 18-19(22-23 with recon)km range it is not short but Kawachi with 8-9km is short as hell even shorter than CA. With Kawachi you can get doom by most CA without have them in your range = =

580 posts
1,587 battles

Looking at your profile, you're in the Kawachi... One of the few most painful ships to grind in the game... I've been there done that, don't worry, as soon as you're out of that tub you'll get a Miyogi and things will only go up from there starting with Kongo-desu... BURNING LOVE!!!

580 posts
1,587 battles

ok so tier 3 battleships sucks

Pretty much, but at least it's Tier 3... Wait til you hear the stories on the Fusou at Tier 6... That's why I stuck with Kongo and never went further from there... 

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

except battleships has such poor range and extreamly slow you can simply fire upon one without getting hit yourself 

just grind till you get tier V and hear yourself whispering "freedom" with usa ship and "banzai" for ijn.... Or am I the only one?

13 posts
2,649 battles

still not sure if i should go through the battleship line in every game everyone just spams torps, so technically, theoretically speaking destroyers are the "battleships",as they can well basically kill anything in one savo. Imagine a whole platoon of spamming destroyers , not to mention smoke and cammo values they have 

in comparison its like TDs pre nurfed camo in world of tank and the under powered HT in pre "buff" world of tanks 

Edited by JeepStuff

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Nah, keep going. Just like everyone said, tier 3 BBs suck. Try to get at least tier 5, if you still hate BB by then then it's not for you.

Little tip for you:

Don't ever sail in constant speed and/or straight line while in BB. You'll become easy target for torps.

13 posts
2,649 battles

Nah, keep going. Just like everyone said, tier 3 BBs suck. Try to get at least tier 5, if you still hate BB by then then it's not for you.

Little tip for you:

Don't ever sail in constant speed and/or straight line while in BB. You'll become easy target for torps.

trying hard every single match with a battleship i get spammed with properly 3-4 torp savos sometimes the entire sea is filled with them, as of now cruisers imo is greater then battleships (cruisers >= destroyers > BB imo).

if i have to grind to tier 5 to enjoy this game  i will properly will not play BB not worth the frustration 

Edited by JeepStuff

621 posts
2,271 battles

trying hard every single match with a battleship i get spammed with properly 3-4 torp savos sometimes the entire sea is filled with them, as of now cruisers imo is greater then battleships (cruisers >= destroyers > BB imo).

if i have to grind to tier 5 to enjoy this game  i will properly will not play BB not worth the frustration 

Tier 3/4 of BB is a trial by fire. It roots out the weak and leaves the strong.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

People who say that tier III BBs are bad need to gather map and behaviour knowledge.

When you know where what ship classes go on which map/side, then you always have an option to get into 

and stay inside firing range.

The rest is learning how to aim at fast vessels and dodging torpedoes/shells.

The best BB training map for dodging shells is Ocean.

With enough experience and training an Kawachi can easily get into firing range with a more than decent amount of hitpoints left.

And if you can do that on Ocean, then you can do it on every map.

As for aiming the basic advice is:

It's always faster than you think it is.

I.e. aim where you think you'll hit, then give it some leeway.

Btw, the Kawachi is a great DD killer with HE, thanks to her maneuverability and hedgehog armament.

Noteworthy: Even when you play well, there's always the possibility to lose.

Because sometimes you lose and sometimes the others win.

Edited by Retia

248 posts

there seems to be a lot of anti battleship hate amongst the players,

and it seems the devs keep listening.

even if i win in the amagi now,

which today and yesterday was nigh on impossible,

i lose money, AND I'M ON PREMIUM.

for a state of the art IJN battleship it's accuracy is that of a slingshot at the moment.

and the izumo is an expensive floating coffin and always has been.

my premium time runs out in 4 days.

i think it will be last four days.

there are lots of games. this was fun for a while

but i might move on soon. too much grief.

the servers are now full of supernatural indestructible tier 7 destroyers and cruisers and premium noobs.

when a KIEV can outgun an amagi,

something is very wrong.

my warning to you is,

it doesn't get any better. it's a very irritating game for bb's at the moment.

Edited by fuzzjunky

580 posts
1,587 battles

So why bother? Circle of life bro... Circle of life... All things have part to play in the grand scheme of things... Just as BBs are weak against torpedoes, so are DDs helpless against CA/CLs... and CA/CLs are mince meat against BBs...

But honestly, BBs are a patient man's tub... They demand a lot from any captain and are less forgiving for errors... They maybe slow in everything but their damage output is way too high even on a good damage roll they can turn the tide of battle...

520 posts
11,127 battles

I noticed.. the BEST BB captains out there... KNOW HOW TO WORK in a TEAM.   And The ones who have NO CLUE.... 

....Work Alone most of the time.

Given the Right Timing and Tactics.... a BB can live up to its reputation as a beast of the High Seas....Provided that the Captain knows what he is doing.  how do i know this?

Im usually on the other end of the Barrel.

Edited by kultabashi

Sign in to follow this