You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Making rare ships available again

29 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just a thought regarding the possibility of running events after a certain amount of time (perhaps 3 months) for those like myself who have missed opportunities in the past, either due to start of play date or other factors, to obtain rare/unique ships that I see in game and long to have.

Albany, Arkansas Beta and Diana are some that spring to mind but there might be others.

I was here for the Diana but alas that was only for new players of which I recommended to a few others who now enjoy this game as much as I do.

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

Well, Rare, it'll be fun if I can do an event and get Iwaki Alpha, lol

Or some normal players do event and get Ark Beta

Edited by Conkhead_12

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Iwake Alpha - For Alpha Testers

Arkansas Beta - For Beta Testers

Diana - For new joiners and Rewards ship

Tachibana  - Rewards Ship 

Marble Head - Rewards Ship

Albany - Given to players, probably go on sale in 12 months or so

Emden - Mission ship (just completed) (soon to be in tech tree anyway)

There are also the 3 ships brought at pre-release which will probably go back on sale some time after 12 months

Warspite - which has been noted as a rare vessel, and will be available as a reward (maybe) or for sale (probably every 12 months)

Kamikaze - Project R mission ship (just completed)

Currently, there is/was a forum competition to win a Diana, there is a competition currently running to win a Tachibana, and there may be other ships/competitions in the near future to win other ships as well.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Well, Rare, it'll be fun if I can do an event and get Iwaki Alpha, lol

Nah, nobody would want that, Iwaki is a really bad ship, worst in the entire game. :hiding:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

And you missed Sims, Yubari and Gremyashchy...

Gremyashchy is damn good and worth the money i've spent but... Can i ask for a refund on Sims and Yubari? 

What on earth for?????

Yuubari is brilliant at annoying the daylights out of seal clubbing CV drivers at Tier IV!

Sims is just fun!

253 posts

What on earth for?????

Yuubari is brilliant at annoying the daylights out of seal clubbing CV drivers at Tier IV!

Sims is just fun!

Yubari err?... Yeah, she is a good seal clubbing sheep. But if you face an experienced player, who happens to be seal clubbing too... Not gonna have a good day...

Armor so weak that even HE from a destroyer can citadel her. Engine gets incapacitated all the time.

4 guns, compared to Kuma and Phoenix's 6. You can say she has impressive AA to compensate for that. But her torpedoes are next to useless.

So, the idea here is to buff her engine durability, buff the torp range and reload time a bit, giving the tubes a bit more firing arc and everything shall be fine.

Sims... Naw! Her sub-orbital shells won't hit anything except battleships at long range. Even have difficulty hitting destroyers at 7 km range... Torps? Useless! The 9.2 km torps won't hit anything because they are just too damn slow. And even if they hit... Little damage can be done. The 5.5 km torps is just a joke at tier VII.

SO! Buff her god damned shell velocity! Give her a bit more concealment. I don't need a buff on torpedoes... And she will work just fine...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Sims is just fun!

Agree that ships kinda fun, But i rather play other ships :trollface:

And i dont have any will to play Yubari (I have to buy the complete set of 3 ships because is cheaper than buying Sims and Grem) so im just gonna leave the ship there :D:D:D

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

If a trade-in scheme is ever implemented, Sims is the first one in my port to go....

I would buy it off you if I could. I love US DDs.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

By the time they were selling Grem / Yubari / Sims, they said the package wont be available in 1 year after the promotion is finished.\

So keep waiting:medal:

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yubari err?... Yeah, she is a good seal clubbing sheep. But if you face an experienced player, who happens to be seal clubbing too... Not gonna have a good day...

Armor so weak that even HE from a destroyer can citadel her. Engine gets incapacitated all the time.

4 guns, compared to Kuma and Phoenix's 6. You can say she has impressive AA to compensate for that. But her torpedoes are next to useless.

So, the idea here is to buff her engine durability, buff the torp range and reload time a bit, giving the tubes a bit more firing arc and everything shall be fine.

She's a support/sniper CL, there's a reason why she gets 15km firing range with AFT in combination with great accuracy...

If you want a premium JP CL that's good at close combat, then I suggest getting the Iwaki Alph-... oh wait...

Sims... Naw! Her sub-orbital shells won't hit anything except battleships at long range. Even have difficulty hitting destroyers at 7 km range... Torps? Useless! The 9.2 km torps won't hit anything because they are just too damn slow. And even if they hit... Little damage can be done. The 5.5 km torps is just a joke at tier VII.
SO! Buff her god damned shell velocity! Give her a bit more concealment. I don't need a buff on torpedoes... And she will work just fine...

Yeah, buff her shell velocity, it's not like she's already tormenting BBs and CAs and especially high tier BBs can't do anything against her in a 1v1 gun fight, nah...
Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,457 battles

Had the gremmy since cbt bit never really played it until this season of ranked. Im now convinced its the most stronk soviet ship theyve released yet. The guns w torp range thats actually useful makes it a beast. Slightly faster gun traverse and itd be perfect.

If it comes on sale again its Def the pick of the bunch.

20 posts
2,066 battles

the Iwake Alpha and Arkansas Beta were not event rewards, but ships given to the players who participated in the Alpha and Beta tests, I do not see them ever giving them out again. (could be wrong, if it makes them money they will or they could put the game back in alpha :P).

As for the others give it time, they will run events and specials for them.

Edited by Revan00

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Gee sounds to me like there is some money to be made here. I notice they are selling loads of rarer tanks on WoT, but that's 5 years old, and many big spenders like myself have abandoned it out of frustration of not being able to play the rarer tanks earlier.

In 5 years and thousands of dollars spent on WoT, my rarest tank (german collector here), was the hydrostat, which I got with a razer mouse, and now its for sale for anyone. Yet there are still many german tanks I couldn't get access to buy.

That's what I call a waste of time and big money.

I'm watching YOU, WoWS SEA.....:red_button: