Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

Rebalance the Kiev

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,579 battles

To me the Kiev should be a dd killer, which it was when it first came out. I never played the Russian DD's when they had the high damage, but now that I'm at the Kiev It feel significantly weaker that I feel it should. The high speed and 2 front turrents means it was built to chase, the problem with the current build is all enemy DD's have ~3km to turn around and high tail it to cover or friendlies.

Thus I suggest that 9km spotting distance be reduced, this ship currently does not have an strength to stand on.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

DDs never had any high gun damage to begin with.

At ~3km you don't need to chase anymore, do you? Just kill the enemy DD already.

Kiev suffered from being very hard to hit (fair enough; it's a DD) and having the ability to use smoke and very good guns in close distance (all those citadels).

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
1,310 posts

WG just had nerfed the kiev.

and u expecting a buff? not so soon.

in future? i dont know

@haku.

i think he mean kiev concealment 9kilo - mine/mutsuki concealment 6 kilo = 3 kilo differencess.

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Soviet DDs are meant to play as light cruiser for some reason because of their damage and frailness of the modules. The said high tier DD are enlarged destroyer rather than sneaky destroyer. So you'll play differently on this line.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Soviet DDs are meant to play as light cruiser for some reason because of their damage and frailness of the modules.

that, exactly right

i mean. soviet DD got same concealment pinalty as light cruisers if they fire their gun.

+6 km detection range for 20 seconds.

451 posts
6,946 battles

The kiev is still very strong. If u are detected but there are no cruisers nearby, push forward with your speed. You will close the distance so quickly that most dds will pop smoke.  When that happens u simply sail straight into the smoke and turn the dd into barbeque- it's that easy. If there is enemy cruiser support then fall back and harrass them from afar- see below.

You cannot afford to engage larger targets nearer than 10km without chunks of your modules being blown out of the water. So, for further engagements, get AFT. AFT truly brings out its potential, against all targets which are not dd. It opens up the versatility option of being a sonic speed german cruiser - longer distances means higher chance to evade shells. And one thing about the shells on russian dds - they give no shits about armor, as long as the enemy ship is not extremely angled you will deal a sizeable chunk of 1 to 2 k per salvo with ap, with a ~5 second reload. That's insane.

TL;DR Kiev is really strong for its tier even after the massive nerf. Tier 7 is meant to be consisting of slightly underwhelming ships, and the kiev is one of the exceptions to this trend. No rebalance needed

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

They should just buff the hp back to 14000-15200 so that at least it can compete with the other nation's DD (12k hp for a tier 7 is unacceptable for it to perform more actively) That being said, turret health should be buffed as well since it gets taken out in 1 hit or so, making it unreliable for prolonged battle. (Mahan can do better than Kiev, despite sub- orbital shells)

Another alternative would be rebuff the damage to pre-nerf figure but keep hp nerf so that tier 8 above Russian DD able to compete as a dd hunter. (Currently IJN dominate in torp spam while US is balanced in terms of adaptability from tier 8 onwards.)

Edited by HeroOfWind

Sign in to follow this