Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UnasSinkerOfShips

Is it me or is Chance of Fire and Fire Damage hurting more?

17 comments in this topic

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

not really, although you may want to quantify what you are referring to with "sunk more and more by Fire Damage" which ship? which tiers? certain maps etc

406 posts
6,287 battles

not really, although you may want to quantify what you are referring to with "sunk more and more by Fire Damage" which ship? which tiers? certain maps etc

Omaha, Cleveland, Warspite and North Carolina

All maps - it seems that almost every salvo of HE that gets fired at me, I get set on fire. To the point where when I have gone Cruiser vs Cruiser - almost always they are firing HE and doing more damage than AP (with Fires and Damage per shell)

125 posts
913 battles

All maps - it seems that almost every salvo of HE that gets fired at me, I get set on fire. To the point where when I have gone Cruiser vs Cruiser - almost always they are firing HE and doing more damage than AP (with Fires and Damage per shell)

youve no choice but to put up with it. its how RNG works

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

t your 

As in what you are sailing I assume?

Well, HE spam is still out there and 3 of your ships are HE magnets - Cleveland has a tricky citadel so people lob HE,  Warspite and NC,well they are BBs so yup you are going to attract HE in spades.

To be honest I haven't noticed much difference - actually the last few games in my Kongo ( my only BB), fire hasnot been a problem. But as has been posted, RNG dude, RNG

48 posts
1,729 battles

if you notice, the fire cuts a hole below the waterline that causes an invisible flooding damage. another thing to consider, the ships are actually made of wood painted and assembled like metal. so when you sink due to 3 to 4 stacks of fire on your ship, it's 'normal'.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Although we all are the victim of it, and it is suck to got it, it's the Cruiser & Gunboat specialty. If it taken out or nerfed, Cruiser's class will be garbage, and all gunboat (USN & Soviet DD) are useless.

Edited by MissMeMiss

1,125 posts

I believe more than half of BB hp in this game is lost due to fire

and chance of getting cough on fire is RIDICULOUSLY high,

%chance of fire x number of shell (imagine, ship with 10 - 15 shot per salvo... crap!) x rate of fire (imagine, ship with 5-6 sec reload time... holy crap!)

simply put, chance of fire is 100%

to the level that skill that relate fire preventing is completely useless

and if those skill can't do the job, than I don't know why the hell they put this skill in the game in the first place

and don't get me worng

don't nerf fire, is only chance of CA can fight BB

but please buff skill that help preventing fire or put out fire to be more effective.

e.g.

skill that make ship immune to fire for a 5 min after last fire has been extinguish.

skill that cut down damage of fire by half.

etc...

(it can be tier 4 or 5 skill, like... ultimate skill for BB)

Edited by PGM991

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I believe more than half of BB hp in this game is lost due to fire

and chance of getting cough on fire is RIDICULOUSLY high,

IIRC, the last time the devs checked, the amount of BB hp being lost to fire was something like under 30% at maximum across all tiers, with tiers 5-7 being the highest.

1,125 posts

IIRC, the last time the devs checked, the amount of BB hp being lost to fire was something like under 30% at maximum across all tiers, with tiers 5-7 being the highest.

I see... then I must have been over aggregated to fire...

well, can't denied the truth

sorry what I just said.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

You may check the fire chance by hovering your cursor on ship's main gun under the artillery stats of selected ship. If I recall correctly, Cleveland has 12% fire chance & combined it with fast RoF then... you are pretty much damaged or be destroyed by fire.

406 posts
6,287 battles

Is that per fire or from All fires in Total?

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Eh, I don't feel it. In fact, I feel fire has been stealth-nerfed somehow. As a BB player I used to hate fire a few patches ago, but now I fear torps from DDs and TBs more than fire.

I even ignore the fire completely if it's just one section burning. I only use Repair Party for flooding or fires on multiple sections of the ship (very rare). The damage caused by one fire is that insignificant.

575 posts
5,354 battles

I swear I am getting sunk more and more by Fire Damage after the most recent patch - anyone else get this feeling?

That's because HE is the be all to beat all in this game. Using AP rounds requires skill in aiming at proper locations for maximum damage. HE on the other hand, you aim in general direction, fire, few hits, poof fire. Rinse and repeat. HE is easy mode for players and why they use it. WG made it easy for them so they didn't have to work hard for a kill. Welcome to WG's world of magical HE rounds.

Sign in to follow this