Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShiraYukira

Kill count again ?

18 comments in this topic

505 posts
4,176 battles

someone have to tell me why i can see challenges are always kill count ? i meant the current 3rd step is 1million damage but before that is 30kill >_> guess what 

KILL STEALS 

Kill steals every game every where 

teambaiters every where

every time an event or special mission come out with " X kills needed "

or is it just me feeling this way ?

>_> i would totally rather do 1 million damage rather than going after 30 kills

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

The missions are meant to be difficult. Were you expecting WG to gift-wrap you the Arpeggio Kongou and Myoukou?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Kill steals every game every where

I find it amusing that I'm not seeing kill steals every game, everywhere.

I assume it's because I just play as normal and don't give two cakes about whether I got the last hit in or someone else.

Btw, 10/30 cruisers and 6/30 destroyers.

Mind you I do try to capitalise on cruisers/destroyers if the situaton is clear enough to do it.

For example 8v2 situation, cap points save with a BB on mid and low health CA on long range,

obviously I'll try to finish off the CA in this situation, but outside of that?

The incentive would have to be much better than some silly Arpeggio skins that I already have anyway if I were to actually focus on finishing the missions.

Hence

or is it just me feeling this way ?

Yes, it's you.

I'm assuming that when you target a CA/DD you get exhilarated by the thought of having the chance to get another point for the mission.

Hence if you don't get the kill you're immediately frustrated because the supposed reward wasn't gained.

That frustration in turn makes you think that killstealing is more prevalent than it really is.

I would theorise however that there are a couple of people that will withhold their fire to finish off targets instead of playing regularly.

That's the standart situation with these kinds of missions, however I doubt that their numbers are as large as one might believe.

48 posts
1,729 battles

ShiraYukira, try to imagine that you're only doing the daily mission. Normally, these missions aren't noticeable in game, and you'll be surprised that you're actually completing it without knowing.

So, you'll be better off by playing each game normally, like usual, you may get kills maybe every once in a while and soon you'll have your count rising without knowing.

besides, whether there's a kill or not, as long as you did your role, you'll be getting, ship and captain XP, credits, and free XP along the way!

Have fun!

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I don't mind about the missions milestone, given a fact that it's 2 months period. You will get the ARP's.

What I don't like, people owner of Tier 5 and above became Kill-Whore-Stat, rather than try to winning per match.

People don't care of winning, as long he could kill DD or CA, even tactically, the team are disadvantage.

1 post

I'm more concerned with the fact that these missions are driving people to make.. Questionable decisions regarding play. 

When you've got most of your team trying to hound one 900+hp Omaha to death instead of engaging full health BBs and Destroyers that are well within 10km, there's definitely something fishy going on.

I'm not even worried about the damn missions anymore, I'll just keep grinding for my Myoko and see if I can round myself into being an asset for my team instead of another kill-hungry lemming. 

505 posts
4,176 battles

The missions are meant to be difficult. Were you expecting WG to gift-wrap you the Arpeggio Kongou and Myoukou?

just doesnt makes much sense , prefer dealing tonnes of damages

Just play regularly and normally and dont mind the mission, its faster that way. Before you know it the mission bars are filling up

ShiraYukira, try to imagine that you're only doing the daily mission. Normally, these missions aren't noticeable in game, and you'll be surprised that you're actually completing it without knowing.

So, you'll be better off by playing each game normally, like usual, you may get kills maybe every once in a while and soon you'll have your count rising without knowing.

besides, whether there's a kill or not, as long as you did your role, you'll be getting, ship and captain XP, credits, and free XP along the way!

Have fun!

Thanks Cszino, Ryusuke will go with that then.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,517 battles

Business as usual.

This isn't new, too often I have seen CV drivers 'kill secure' on targets with less than 1000 health rather than  the full HP BB just a couple of Kms away.

Not much can be done about this, best to just play as usual and resist the salt... ;)

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
406 posts
15,029 battles

It pretty much guarantees that not a single ship below Tier 6 will be sailed in my fleet for the next week or so.

125 posts
913 battles

I'm more concerned with the fact that these missions are driving people to make.. Questionable decisions regarding play. 

When you've got most of your team trying to hound one 900+hp Omaha to death instead of engaging full health BBs and Destroyers that are well within 10km, there's definitely something fishy going on.

I'm not even worried about the damn missions anymore, I'll just keep grinding for my Myoko and see if I can round myself into being an asset for my team instead of another kill-hungry lemming. 

its like with the missions on tank. the 15 missions per tank tapes

when that thing started, people were changing the way they played and rather then concentrating on just playing it was a losing fest while if i got a completion and/or with honors it was a simple " oh wow that was unexpected"

same goes with here. end game though, the ARP ships looks cool but its simply a distraction for me and it sucks having your kills being taken by your team.

i rather stick by with progression but getting rewards is nice

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

although, if players are being annoyed by having kills stolen from them, or games not being played how they want them to be, they could always switch over to PVE!! may not progress as fast, but you will have less stress (also deny the players another CA or DD to kill)\

Super Tester
527 posts
3,168 battles

although, if players are being annoyed by having kills stolen from them, or games not being played how they want them to be, they could always switch over to PVE!! may not progress as fast, but you will have less stress (also deny the players another CA or DD to kill)\

Unfortunately, the progress would be be more then just a little slower. These missions are Restricted to Random Battles Only.

Sign in to follow this