Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

PSA : This game isn't meant to be Realistic

50 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

There appears to have a certain amount of individual(s) that believe that WoWS is a simulator and must be 100% realistic.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. This is an arcade game.

I hope this Public/Private Service Announcement would help to benefit the(se) individual(s).

580 posts
1,587 battles

Magically put out fire/repair/disappearing ships and not to mention the crews who are magically invisible. Yup i have a hard time understanding people saying that wows are a simulator/rialistic

Don't forget the how the catapult launched aircraft from CA/CLs and BBs actually return to their ship... :teethhappy:
Edited by Kreigg

1,162 posts

Magically put out fire/repair/disappearing ships and not to mention the crews who are magically invisible. Yup i have a hard time understanding people saying that wows are a simulator/rialistic

Hmm... somehow I get this. :hiding::trollface:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

and magically patching ships up even after getting hit by several torpedoes

Doh, every ship comes with a special magical girl crewmember.

55 posts
1,095 battles

Yeah I get that it a arcade game But surley a AP shell from a BB that overpens a dd Still leaves a hughe efen hole in the DD should it not sink ???

Just stuff like that needs to be better I think I am ex Royal Australian Navy and a gunner So I do have some preconceptions I need to remove

Still a good game though

55 posts
1,095 battles

Um been in the real Navy we get taught how to patch hughe holes in a ship Watertight compartments as well are designed that you can take a topr hole and keep going :-)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

OMG why my ship dont turn into some kawaii moe girl

One step at a time... one step at a time...

lPDaag6.jpg

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

There appears to have a certain amount of individual(s) that believe that WoWS is a simulator and must be 100% realistic.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. This is an arcade game.

I hope this Public/Private Service Announcement would help to benefit the(se) individual(s).

But Lord Deathskyz!! the game has real historical ships like the Yamato and real historical airplanes, why no submarines, why no crewmembers running about and enemy team must be cheating if they can see me and I can't see them, why no radar??? Russian DD OP, Russian Bias! Carrier OP! (please get out your bingo sets Alpha and Beta Testers)

*Note sarcasm for those who didn't realise

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Um been in the real Navy we get taught how to patch hughe holes in a ship Watertight compartments as well are designed that you can take a topr hole and keep going :-)

please explain - at what point in the Royal Australian Navy training are you trained to "fix" a hole left from a torpedo!!

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

please explain - at what point in the Royal Australian Navy training are you trained to "fix" a hole left from a torpedo!!

Duct Tape, you can fix it with duct tape.. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

If you can't fix it, you're not using enough duct tape.

Nah, if you can't fix it the-... *blub blub blub*

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

dude, they close a part of compartment of ship where the torp hit so that compartment will be the only one flooded and leave the hole as it is. So please tell me, how can sailors patch the hole while the ships moving and while in the heat of the battle? I really want to learn and share this newly discovered idea and what navy does this came from, then torpedo must be useless then since you can patch it up, right?

Edit: well this is a game. too much Reality don't mix well with wows, i can only imagine patching holes in docks or factory or something though

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

and shell hitting decks of CV but no holes

and planes magically flies without problems(meanwhile in reality, planes cant fly cuz some obstacle or the flight deck is not stable cuz of shell hump and bumps planes)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I had experience playing WWII naval simulator game on destroyer and submarine. I can't mentioned those game but I can tell you that its gameplay system is more complex and historically accurate than WoWs. As simulator game has many shortcut keys, UI buttons, dials, and complex systems (bridge, gun directory, engine room, damage control, sonar, crew management involve call for general alarm and manning guns) to note to survive a patrol.

219 posts
3,367 battles

This game is nothing more and nothing less than yet another "shooter", but with the combatants as mechs disguised as warships instead of tanks.

Same, same, same.

For something close to the simulation of naval engagements one needs to look elsewhere because realism doesn't show its face in WoWs, that's for sure.

Sign in to follow this