Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
czechkozen_03

Iowa got nerfed in new patch..

16 comments in this topic

41 posts
7,953 battles

my Iowa AA stat is 76 after the patch (74) Maneuverability 46 after the patch (43)  i still remember my Iowa's speed is 30.8knts and now it went down to 30.5knt...  i'm not sure if the reload time got longer but what i remember is its only 25 sec now its 27sec if im not mistaken.  WHY keep nerfing it..?  now Iowa and North Carolina Feels like the same class.. its not like a Tier IX BB anymore..  Look WG you are losing your Players now. i still remember your server player is always at 10k to 15k players online and now i can only see 6k to 7k players.. lol 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Agreed, they also nerfed Fusou, Błyskawica, Tirpitz, Independence, Iwaki Alpha, Yuubari, Mahan, Sims, New York, Arkansas and Mutsuki.

I think those ships should be buffed immediately, because right now they can't do anything, but I guess WG doesn't care if WoWS fails just like WoWP did!

Look at the player count WG! It's dropping and soon there will be nobody left to play your game anymore!

They'll be playing the many better navy games out there, better games that have submarines! Link

253 posts

Agreed, they also nerfed Fusou, Błyskawica, Tirpitz, Independence, Iwaki Alpha, Yuubari, Mahan, Sims, New York, Arkansas and Mutsuki.

I think those ships should be buffed immediately, because right now they can't do anything, but I guess WG doesn't care if WoWS fails just like WoWP did!

Look at the player count WG! It's dropping and soon there will be nobody left to play your game anymore!

They'll be playing the many better navy games out there, better games that have submarines! Link

That is just stupid, isn't it? Iowa in real life can reach 32.2 knots. 
WG tried to balance the game but they ruined it instead. Now i don't even want to touch my Sims and Yubari anymore.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-052-patchnotes/

WG is not nerfing iowa

but they did something like this :

• Due to a shift to a new mechanism for the calculation of AA operations, the power of AA weapons is now directly dependent on the mounted guns while the guns will be a cross-platform entity. Any change in the characteristics of a gun will result in automatic changes to the same characteristics on every ship.

they are reworking the AA system. which is affecting most of the ship if not all

then manouverability, its not about her speed that get reduced, but this

• Reduced the manoeuvrability of ships with displacement exceeding 35,000 tons.

basically EVERY BB from tier 4-10 got longer RUDDER SHIFT time now. not only iowa
izumo got full extra +3sec to her rudder (26 second rudder time now)

---edit---

addition for reloading time

iowa RoF was always be 2 rounds per minutes

thats mean 30sec reload time.

if u put the upgrade that reduce reload time for 3mil credit then (-12% reload time)

then its 30x0.88= 26.4 seconds

Edited by ReNation

575 posts
5,354 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-052-patchnotes/

WG is not nerfing iowa

but they did something like this :

they are reworking the AA system. which is affecting most of the ship if not all

then manouverability, its not about her speed that get reduced, but this

basically EVERY BB from tier 4-10 got longer RUDDER SHIFT time now. not only iowa

izumo got full extra +3sec to her rudder (26 second rudder time now)

---edit---

addition for reloading time

iowa RoF was always be 2 rounds per minutes

thats mean 30sec reload time.

if u put the upgrade that reduce reload time for 3mil credit then (-12% reload time)

then its 30x0.88= 26.4 seconds

Yes Yes, they did this so those that cannot hit with torpedoes will have an easier time to do so. And should this band-aid fix not work, they'll make BBs immobile so these torpedo spammer can have it even easier to farm their XP and Credits. This nerf is atypical of developers that cannot fix what the real problem is, player's skill in hitting moving targets. This is why these devs fail each time they pull some asinine stunt to re-calibrate, re-balance, and re-purpose their mechanics. They penalize good players that know how to anticipate torpedo spammers and make them miss. Oh yeah, the devs never looked at those players that fire off their torpedoes at empty areas in the sea or those that fire them at targets that are 50% to 75% outside of their torpedo's maximum range. These devs won't be happy until all torpedoes hit their target and the only way to achieve that is to make BBs immobile. And since they nerfed my Tirpitz, a premium ship I paid money for, are the going to compensate me and all the others that paid for a ship that they reduced its capabilities on too? Probably not...it's better to screw over players with band-aid fixes than to address the real problem. 5.2 patch in this regard is a failed band-aid patch.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Yes Yes, they did this so those that cannot hit with torpedoes will have an easier time to do so. And should this band-aid fix not work, they'll make BBs immobile so these torpedo spammer can have it even easier to farm their XP and Credits. This nerf is atypical of developers that cannot fix what the real problem is, player's skill in hitting moving targets. This is why these devs fail each time they pull some asinine stunt to re-calibrate, re-balance, and re-purpose their mechanics. They penalize good players that know how to anticipate torpedo spammers and make them miss. Oh yeah, the devs never looked at those players that fire off their torpedoes at empty areas in the sea or those that fire them at targets that are 50% to 75% outside of their torpedo's maximum range. These devs won't be happy until all torpedoes hit their target and the only way to achieve that is to make BBs immobile. And since they nerfed my Tirpitz, a premium ship I paid money for, are the going to compensate me and all the others that paid for a ship that they reduced its capabilities on too? Probably not...it's better to screw over players with band-aid fixes than to address the real problem. 5.2 patch in this regard is a failed band-aid patch.

keep-calm-and-be-a-drama-king-2.png

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Curiously, despite all the doom-and-gloom responses to 5.2, battleship classes are still the most played classes by a pretty significant margin.

Edited by Syanda

61 posts
1,022 battles

adapt to changes! its not like theres anything we can do about it apart from telling WG the stats in a way the we keep playing the game...

just look at CVs... they are a dying breed now and sooner or later it will be all gone!

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Haku...is that the best you can do? Pfft...come back when you have some time in life boi...

*shrugs*

The changes happened. What are you going to do about it?

adapt to changes! its not like theres anything we can do about it apart from telling WG the stats in a way the we keep playing the game...

just look at CVs... they are a dying breed now and sooner or later it will be all gone!

I agree with the first. Not so much the second. You will simply need to be patient with the changes that WG is making with the game.

Edited by Haku

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Well they are buffing the Iowa to have her Historical Configuration as of 1984.

In Patch 5.3 the Iowa will have a Hull D where 4 of her 127mm DP turrets removed along with all her 40mm and 20mm AA guns.

She will instead have 4x 20mm/76 Phalanx AA turrets, 32x 52cm and 16x 34cm launchable aerial torpedoes.

Although she is slated to be SuperTested in Live servers soon...

Edited by Deathskyz

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That is just stupid, isn't it? Iowa in real life can reach 32.2 knots. 
WG tried to balance the game but they ruined it instead. Now i don't even want to touch my Sims and Yubari anymore.

Yeah, WG has ruined all the ships I'm currently at.

I just got Mahan again and she's completely useless, even Sims can hit targets at close range, but Mahan can't do anything.

Meanwhile Ryuujou is super OP against Independence, even the single fighter setup can obliterate my 12 fighters with no issues, lol!

And similiar things happen with the other ships I listed.

Why WG is doing this, I don't know, but they're nerfing all the mid tier ships I currently own, it's no fun anymore!

Just look at the playercount earlier this week!

n3Wpn1f.png

WoWS is officially dead on SEA.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,495 battles

Well they are buffing the Iowa to have her Historical Configuration as of 1984.

In Patch 5.3 the Iowa will have a Hull D where 4 of her 127mm DP turrets removed along with all her 40mm and 20mm AA guns.

She will instead have 4x 20mm/76 Phalanx AA turrets, 32x 52cm and 16x 34cm launchable aerial torpedoes.

Although she is slated to be SuperTested in Live servers soon...

I'd hate to be Harpooned by those aerial torpedos...
Edited by j0e90

520 posts
11,127 battles

Wait.... they nerfed Bylaskawika?!? How?  :(

For some reason, i havent noticed yet...  but it would sure be nice to know

253 posts

Yeah, WG has ruined all the ships I'm currently at.

I just got Mahan again and she's completely useless, even Sims can hit targets at close range, but Mahan can't do anything.

Meanwhile Ryuujou is super OP against Independence, even the single fighter setup can obliterate my 12 fighters with no issues, lol!

And similiar things happen with the other ships I listed.

Why WG is doing this, I don't know, but they're nerfing all the mid tier ships I currently own, it's no fun anymore!

Just look at the playercount earlier this week!

n3Wpn1f.png

WoWS is officially dead on SEA.

Keep calm and keep grinding. I've been through all the pain at tier VII, Mahan. And when i finally reached Benny... Hell yeah! She is good.

Sign in to follow this