Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Some Detection Mechanic I'm Missing Here?

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I've recently gotten my Fubuki fully equipped with a very good captain. I charged through the lower tiers so I never bothered with equipment before.

With mods and perks my surface detection range is 6.3km and my concealment rating is 93.

When in the battle screen mode I always notice what the enemy concealment ratings are. Mine are always 2 to 10 points better than all enemy DD's.

However, in battle, I always get detected first without seeing the enemy DD that has found me. How does this work?? It happens time & time again and it's not due to smoke, active AA, me firing my guns nor aircraft spotting me.

Can anyone help a baffled Seaman out with this one????

:hmm:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Concealment rating is meaningless other than indicative. Ignore it.

You need to know all the specific spotting ranges for the ships.

Then there are the commander skills, camo and modules.

There are also mechanics like speed boost increasing the range at which you're spotted (by a few hundred metres) if at top speed or accelerating, something NOT told to the players in the interface.

Another illustration of why I hate hidden stats/mechanics and WG's use of them.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

i bet u dont have concealment expert at ur captain yet. fubuki with upgrade + camo has 6.2 or 6.3 detection range.
with concealment expert. she could get as low as 5.5 kilo detection range.

the 1 spotting u probably.

1. mutsuki (she has 6 kilo detection range with camo on) [200m better concealment than you]

2. kagero (with upgrade and camo, she has 6 kilo detection range, and some kagero captain already has concealment expert, makes her concealment down to 5.4 kilo) [200-700m better concealment than you]

3. shimakaze ( upgrade + camo + concealment expert = 5.9 kilo detection range) [300m better concealment than you]

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Benson/Fletcher with Concealment System Modification 1 + Type 1 Camo + Concealment Expert are stealthier too with a 5.8km detection range

Super Tester
1,310 posts

ah.

addition

if u are mentioning about ur rating when u compare ur ship with other ppl ship in battle loading screen

this is what caused u see ur stat rating are higher than enemy ship

the stat rating that showed for ur ship is the stat of your ship + mod upgrade + camo + cap skill [fully upgraded rating]

while the stat shown for enemy ships is the basic stat of the ship without any additional perk (no camo/no upgrade/no cap skill). [stock config rating]

ofcourse the enemy DD will not enter the battlefield without type 1 camo atleast. so the actual stat rating of enemy ships is actually higher than what the rating shown to you in battle loading screen

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Thanks Steel-o and ReNation. I reckon it's a problem of me going full tilt into CAP areas and the loading screen not fully taking into account enemy captain perks and camo.

I'll test this in some co-op battles and see if I get the same results.

Thanks to everyone that has replied :honoring:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I've recently gotten my Fubuki fully equipped with a very good captain. I charged through the lower tiers so I never bothered with equipment before.

With mods and perks my surface detection range is 6.3km and my concealment rating is 93.

When in the battle screen mode I always notice what the enemy concealment ratings are. Mine are always 2 to 10 points better than all enemy DD's.

However, in battle, I always get detected first without seeing the enemy DD that has found me. How does this work?? It happens time & time again and it's not due to smoke, active AA, me firing my guns nor aircraft spotting me.

Can anyone help a baffled Seaman out with this one????

:hmm:

strange, when i play my udaloi, I am always spotted by IJN and USN dds first, and can even be fired on by invisible dd's who are in smoke just 2-3kms in front of me, and remaining invisible whilst continuing to fire.

yet when i try that...it's not quite the same result.

I know I have the worst dd class for detect etc, but i also have the worst class for engine getting hit, AND LOSING MY GUNS. (you know the two strengths the russian dd class is supposed to have lol).

If i engage proactively, I lose my engine 3 times in a battle and ALWAYS lose at least one gun. today i lost two turrets for an entire battle. that was fun.

Sign in to follow this