You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tc1259

Two Premium Ships

16 comments in this topic

590 posts
2,995 battles

Heya's

Just a suggestion - since we have introduced the Emden - maybe we should also do the HMAS Sydney as a premium ship 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Sydney_(1912)

Or simply do the newer one 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Sydney_(D48)

Both would be rather good vessels to do

Edited by tc1259

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

HMAS Sydney I, would be the obvious choice to go alongside the SMS Emden.

She would probably be a better fit at tier III, as a newer, Town Class Cruiser, (1912 v 1906).

590 posts
2,995 battles

Yeah I was thinking that myself, it would also explain the disparity of the emden and the sydney in the battle. 

I think it would be a rather nifty little premium, but t3.... mmmm... I can see it now, coming upon a st Louis or IJN BB, It would be interesting to see

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,929 battles

Debatable, Kiwi's might like the HMNZS Achilles better as this ship famously took part in the Battle of River Plate, engaged in numerous Pacific Theatre Duties and also served in the Indian Navy afterwards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMNZS_Achilles_(70)

Either one, the Leander class is one the Devs cannot ignore for the RN

219 posts
3,461 battles

During WW2 there were several Commonwealth ships involved which deserve some consideration for WoWs.

The cruisers HMAS Canberra and HMAS Australia, which both saw action during the Guadalcanal campaign, 1942/43.

Already mentioned  - HMNZS Achilles, detached from the RN for the duration and which also saw action at Guadalcanal after it's involvement during the Battle of the River Plate.

Then there is the famous "Scrap Iron Flotilla" (the name given by Joseph Goebels) which served in both the Med and Pacific theatres during WW2.

The ships were HMAS Stuart (D00), HMAS Voyager (D32), HMAS Vampire (D68), HMAS Vendetta (D69) and HMAS Waterhen (22).

Edited by HenryCrun

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,010 battles

Why don't they make the Sydney 1912 as a project ship and then make the Sydney 1941 as a premium ship as well??

There are a lot of ships they could do this for, that went thru refits from 1900s up to 1940s etc

Yes it would mean having ships that have the same name but they would be at different tiers with the different years in its name instead. EG,  Sydney 1912  tier 3, and Sydney 1941 tier 5.

Make the Sydney 1912 as a project ship and the Sydney 1941 as a tier 5 premium ship.

They could also do more project ships for the smaller country Navy's as well. Those country's that didn't have big CVs or BBs  or Navy's etc but had cruisers and DDs that fought in battles.

That would make other players from the smaller country's happy knowing they can get ships that they had during the war etc and keep them interested in the game as well.

219 posts
3,461 battles

They could also do more project ships for the smaller country Navy's as well. Those country's that didn't have big CVs or BBs  or Navy's etc but had cruisers and DDs that fought in battles.

The Netherlands had a small fleet in the Dutch East Indies at the time, several of which took part in the Battle of the Java Sea.

if WG ever have the inclination and the time there is a vast number of ships from many nations, from 1913 through to 1946, that they can model.

But marketing sense says that the "historic" ships which will attract the greatest number of buyers are those from Germany, Japan, Russia and the USA and, maybe to a slightly lesser extent, England/Great Britain.

Edited by HenryCrun

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,010 battles

The Netherlands had a small fleet in the Dutch East Indies at the time, several of which took part in the Battle of the Java Sea.

if WG ever have the inclination and the time there is a vast number of ships from many nations, from 1913 through to 1946, that they can model.

But marketing sense says that the "historic" ships which will attract the greatest number of buyers are those from Germany, Japan, Russia and the USA and, maybe to a slightly lesser extent, England/Great Briton

lol lesser extent England/Great Briton??  your having a laugh aren't ya??

Great Briton had one of the best and biggest Navies In the world before the Americans and Japanese joined world war 2   and yes they had a lot of famous ships as well in the English Navy

But I am talking about ships they can add like they have done with project R ship but make them from other smaller nations who didn't have big fleets but still have a number of cruisers etc.

I'm talking about country's like Australia, Canada, New Zeeland, Hell even Brazil had 2 Battleships in 1908-9.

There are a lot of players from Australia and NZ who would be very happy to buy ships that have their country's flags on them and names etc. so WG would be making money not losing it.

Even China had ships they could turn into premium or make as a Project ship as well

Spain, Turkey, Argentina all had ships they could use as project ships instead of just giving us the same nations and same ships like they did with the first Project R ship. 

I think it would be nice just to add other nations instead of the same old same old other wise game is and will get boring very quickly.

As it is a lot of ppl just complain about the game.

219 posts
3,461 battles

lol lesser extent England/Great Briton??  your having a laugh aren't ya??...........

Read what I said once again, this time a little slower. Try one syllable at a time...............

I'm referring to market share, not which nation had the greatest number of ships.

Now tell me that the UK will have a larger market share for WoWs than Asia or the USA.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,010 battles

So you saying that players from England are not going to want to buy English ships ?? or other nations ships that are part of Europe?

I think players from England will buy just as many if not more ships than say Germany  alone but its all part of Europe anyways and I'm sure the EU will buy more ships than Asia

but I'm not here to get in to this crap with you anyways.

I would like WG to do more project ships from other nations for the game like I stated before.