You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iLordShade

Can WG please unnerf CVs? pretty please?

17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I miss having them around able to effectively spot DDs, I can't do anything in tier 8 with my admiral hipper because I am lit up like a lightbulb at 16km away from a target and then constantly pummeled by long range BBs and dead before I can achieve anything at all, I've gone from 58% WR to 55% because I just die too early because I have a low camo rating to suite my aggressive playstyle, it just doesn't work when I am picked off from long range and dead before I can do anything.

I want CVs back, I really do. These string of CV nerfs goddamn suck. It just made the CV population consist of nobody and now Destroyers are laughing maniacally as they now have no target that can easily spot them and then they freely light up targets as they please.

I'm so angry at the Battleship players that wanted CVs nerfed so hard.

Can I have them back, please? I'm sorry for everything we've said to you. Please come back.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

nah they wont... CV still OP they say... expect another nerf bat coming next major patch

Yea, nerf them to da ground nerf nerf buff buff

I speak this on behalf of myself right now

Is everything WG do wrong?

Come here every day and see CV OP  BB OP  CA OP DD OP  CV UP  BB UP  CA UP  DD UP

US OP  IJN OP Soviet Bias German ship suxs and bleh bleh bleh blah blah blah

Sometimes I DO agree with them but, come on, stop looking at something at only your point of view, think about other point of view, say u say CV OP, go and play enough CV first, so you understand the feeling of CV players before you rant or something

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

nah, but the squadron wipe out mechanic was a step too far

Was it?

Fighters take about as much time as they would fly now.

And bombers... well, you won't lose all of them if you have aerial superiority, I guess. 

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Blame those who maniacally claim that CVs are OP and should not be in the game... People like __, __, __, etc etc

And let's not forget those sheeps who refuse to put in the very minuscule measures to protect their BBs

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

61 posts
1,022 battles

well i am playing CV but mostly scouting.... my damn bombers cant strike anything without getting hounded by fighters it seems... its like 48 seconds for hosho to recover lost squads

Edited by Alternate_Rouge

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

I think the biggest problem currently is fighters are too damn powerful. One fighter squadron is guaranteed to wipe out one same tier TB/DB squadron without losing much of their planes and ammo. Plus the TB/DB squadron will slow down to a crawl and gets a huge accuracy penalty when attacked by a fighter squadron. Let's not even mention the buff to fighters' alt-attack, which in my opinion is totally unnecessary. And to top it all off, the service time gets doubled if a squadron is wiped out.

I see more CVs are using fighter loadout nowadays, probably because they find using strike loadout is a waste of time. The result is CVs in both teams are playing cat-and-mouse with their fighters in their own world, contributing very little to the actual battle.

I won't go as extreme as to say remove fighters entirely from the game, but I'd say they need to be nerfed HARD.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I think the biggest problem currently is fighters are too damn powerful. One fighter squadron is guaranteed to wipe out one same tier TB/DB squadron without losing much of their planes and ammo. Plus the TB/DB squadron will slow down to a crawl and gets a huge accuracy penalty when attacked by a fighter squadron. Let's not even mention the buff to fighters' alt-attack, which in my opinion is totally unnecessary. And to top it all off, the service time gets doubled if a squadron is wiped out.

I see more CVs are using fighter loadout nowadays, probably because they find using strike loadout is a waste of time. The result is CVs in both teams are playing cat-and-mouse with their fighters in their own world, contributing very little to the actual battle.

I won't go as extreme as to say remove fighters entirely from the game, but I'd say they need to be nerfed HARD.

I think you would've loved CVs in alpha, where US CVs had 3 fighter squads starting at tier VI or VII.

T'was great fun punishing the snobby "2 CV with only bombers divisions".

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Yea, nerf them to da ground nerf nerf buff buff

I speak this on behalf of myself right now

Is everything WG do wrong?

Come here every day and see CV OP  BB OP  CA OP DD OP  CV UP  BB UP  CA UP  DD UP

US OP  IJN OP Soviet Bias German ship suxs and bleh bleh bleh blah blah blah

Sometimes I DO agree with them but, come on, stop looking at something at only your point of view, think about other point of view, say u say CV OP, go and play enough CV first, so you understand the feeling of CV players before you rant or something

I salute to this quote, especially when the kiev was nerfed so badly and now they cant do much besides passive scouting and fire support with other allied ships, all because of people crying that it was too op in their USN/IJN DD or other capital ships, and voila, the russian line is going down the drain, which means that line is gonna be removed despite WG's effort to put variety in DD instead of IJN torp ninjas or Jack of All trades USN DD...

And yes, i dont think the CV is currently OP (as a cv and capital ship user)i do play them occasionally but the fact they nerfed the exp gain and other things has disheartened me to continue any further (was suppose to get ryujo but now, not so much). IJN carriers are basically yolo or in your face attack group and pull out quick from the US CV strong fighter groups (at least when i was in a zuiho anyway), or do a sneak attack and destroy the enemy carrier in the early stages of the game (killed a bouge in the first 3 minutes of the game in Two Brothers map, where he was legit in the Northern Cap point). Its true that some CVs are not offering the 'Air Umbrella' for the rest of the team, but because of the strong desire of killing the enemy carrier first( especially USN CV) they disregard this sense of responsibility and tend to make mistakes(but ocassionally with great success if excuted well) and being called a noob. Thus, further demoralizing for the CV players to continue playing, and the fact CV's got nerfed too.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

There needs to be some ingame incentive to play CV's at tiers 8, 9, & 10. The lack of CV's at these tiers now has really unbalanced the game and made it a destroyer torpedo spam fest. If you have a high tier destroyer your laughing as there is almost no counter to the torpedo spam without CV's to detect DD's and make them work for their kills.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

There needs to be some ingame incentive to play CV's at tiers 8, 9, & 10. The lack of CV's at these tiers now has really unbalanced the game and made it a destroyer torpedo spam fest. If you have a high tier destroyer your laughing as there is almost no counter to the torpedo spam without CV's to detect DD's and make them work for their kills.

or a russian DD that has the hp to trade against other DD, with rapid fire guns to defend Allied fleet or spot torps and avoid them without ease.

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

I feel like this is karma for all the pain and suffering I went through pre-CV nerfs, I had something like 80% of my games ending with me doing squat because of a randomly passing plane revealing my position.

1,126 posts

I don't think WG nerf or buff any ship via anyone rant.

it's took a lot of data accumulating for a long time to decide.

which ship is over/under perform by their tier, and why it over/under perform?

the ship stat? or player skill?

to separate that, it's take a lot of data and times

I also believe that WG don't like the idea of a ship that can turn tide of battle on it's own (carrying team)

unless a skillfully, lucky and very rarely one, it's can happen but must not too often.

Edited by PGM991