Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

Aircraft taking off & landing when under fire.

8 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,343 battles

Yesterday I watched a flight of aircraft successfully take off from a CV as the flight deck was being hit by several heavy shots, yet none of the aircraft were damaged or destroyed.

Needs looking at, IMO.

What is the point of pounding the excrement out of a CV if its aircraft can still take off or land when the deck is damaged?

724 posts
2,153 battles

Yesterday I watched a flight of aircraft successfully take off from a CV as the flight deck was being hit by several heavy shots, yet none of the aircraft were damaged or destroyed.

Needs looking at, IMO.

What is the point of pounding the excrement out of a CV if its aircraft can still take off or land when the deck is damaged?

Well if it was that realistic, It'll render CV useless whenever they get hit by something and damage their decks.

Imagine having that happen to you in the very beginning of the match cus friendly fire,you'll be useless for the entire match.

So sometimes,things are better the way they are in right now.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the plane on CV can still take off/landing while the CV on fire tough.

but there is 1 condition : the process of taking off or landing is already started before the ship is on fire. the take off or landing will still continue despite of on fire. (effective only for 1 time)

but u cant release or retrieve another plane until u put the flame down.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I think the point the OP was trying to make was not "flight deck on fire", but rather shells hitting the flight deck while there are planes on it, as in the planes are not damaged at all as the shell land on the flight deck while they are preparing to take off.

@OP, I guess if it was "too realistic (where is my bingo card?)" then CV will be too hard to play without any way to defend itself against enemy who are shooting at it.

Edited by Windforce

Super Tester
1,677 posts

For a moment there I thought it was referring on the aircraft under fire while landing like this:

xg9od2.jpg

Although I don't think planes under attack without the carrier deck on fire and stuff can't land.

219 posts
3,343 battles

I think the point the OP was trying to make was not "flight deck on fire", but rather shells hitting the flight deck while there are planes on it, as in the planes are not damaged at all as the shell land on the flight deck while they are preparing to take off.

Yep...that was my point but I can also see the points made by other responses.

Fair enough....thanks for the comments.

Sign in to follow this