You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

I will play WoWs for another months, then ...

26 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

1. Will keep playing, if ... (I only select 1 reason to keep playing)

• WG implemented a very good system to make support teamwork working effectively, even with always random players on every matches.
  • WG make Division more than 3 players. above 6 players per division.

2. Will uninstall, if ... (If there's no change at all, I will quit)

• WG doesn't improve teamwork support system.
  • WG didn't implemented division with minimum 6 players per division.

The reason. As you already guess it. More and more losing match because players inability to form a good teamwork. Sacrifice for teammate, try to support teammate, try to hold the line, try to aggressive capturing objective. It's all pointless when you play with cowards, or soloist, or rambo, or MLG no need read Map & Chat players. And this frequency getting the same "very ugly" situation are more and more worser than before, as you climbing Tier by Tier.

Is game play bad ? ... NO

Is graphic bad ? ... NO

Is diversion and customization bad ? ... NO

Is server not managed well ? ... NO

This is Red vs Blue MMO, so it's very essential for you to find players and training your teamwork to a better state.

In other MMO game, we pick faction, then we befriend with fellow faction players, and form a team, or a group, or a clan. Achieve a better gameplay experience of the games.

Or, on another game, we can create a squad (in WoWs division), then play it day by day to increase our skill and awareness of both individual and teamwork.

What about in WoWs ? Only maximum 3 players to form a group (/division) ... it's just not enough, because map are to big for a single division to cover it all.

It's not that I lack of skill or whatsoever, but when I'm gonna click & launch WoWs ... the thoughts in my head was ...

"Are you ready to match with noob team ?"

"Are you ready to lose more than win ?"

"Are you ready to face countless defeat because bad team work ?"

"Are you ready to sacrifice your ship for your team, but to no avail ?"

" Rather than use the moment, they are running from enemy. You are not martyr, you are not sacrifice. YOU ARE DECOY, A SHIELD for them to escape, to save themself from repair bills ?"

"Are you want to spent 5~20 minutes with bad team ?"

"You have Fallout 4 with CBBE nude mod, why you click WoWs instead ? Are you crazy ?"

"Or you continue Dragon Age Inquisition as you left it when Fallout 4 got Installed ?"

"Or play PES 2016 and continue Master League ? It's better than this ?"

With this cloudy thoughts inside my head before click and launch WoWs, I feel like gonna puke of projecting to what will be happen, what could be happen, and it is always happened, proven 100%, I will get a F#'ing and S#tty team, much more than I get a satisfying team.

Then question arise ... why you not teach each other to win, to be better, to be able combat effectively, to understand the important of teamwork rather than your ship stats ?

The answer is ... It's pointless. The one whom I teach/read my chat in a match, could be my enemy in next time ... OR, I will never meet that player anymore ! Because the game are random select players. The only thing that we befriend each other was because we are active in the forum to get close each other ... or, we are came from the same country and make custom channel in-game. But still, it had nothing to do with the game. Even you know this or that person in forum, low chances you will be team or fight against them. Unless you Division, but ... ugh ... max 3 players.

Do you know my average matches need to get that x1.5 bonus disappear (being used) from each of my ship ?

It was average 3 matches. Sometimes I need 6 matches to get 1st win to one of my ship. Often it need 3 matches. Rarely, I get instant first match win.

I have 8 ship to manage (4 IJN - 4 USN) ... this situation is sickening me.

TL;DR ... It's not winning that I want the most. It's an excitement of playing a match that everybody try their hardest and win/lost by who's the best, not who the sh#tties. This is worse, very very worse. To be hones, I feels heavy to click and launch WoWs.

This is not a burnout, a burnout is when that game had no problems, but you are bored/stuck, of result over play it.

To be precise, this is a frustration and the fear of receiving another bad experiences over and over again.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's not that I lack of skill or whatsoever, but when I'm gonna click & launch WoWs ... the thoughts in my head was ...

"Are you ready to match with noob team ?"

"Are you ready to lose more than win ?"

"Are you ready to face countless defeat because bad team work ?"

"Are you ready to sacrifice your ship for your team, but to no avail ?"

" Rather than use the moment, they are running from enemy. You are not martyr, you are not sacrifice. YOU ARE DECOY, A SHIELD for them to escape, to save themself from repair bills ?"

"Are you want to spent 5~20 minutes with bad team ?"

Random battles will always be random battles.

The only game I actively play with a playerbase that always tries to improve and win is Raven Shield.

Outside of competitive team modes you'll hardly ever find teamplay like that in regular PvP multiplayer titles.

Pretty much two options for you.

a) Learn to ignore random teams' behaviour

b) Wait till CW or other competitive modes are added

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I once been obsessed about "Teamwork" or somethings you mentioned above, but for me is just an attitude toward things.

I was an soloist in WoT (because i dont have friend playing with me back then lol) and it was like that "oh my team so bad i lose cause everyone not doing a thing" "oh i make a push no one help me gg noob team" "i defense the base so long no one cap omg noob team"

But at the end of the day that doesn't change a things peoples no going to do or play according to you every one have difference perception of enjoying the game and you cannot make them play like you want.

So i changed my "attitude" toward the game "ill let everyone do what they want but i will act according to team i will help them, i will use them and do whatever its takes to win this game, I will contribute as much as i be able to and if the game was loss is my fault i will find the cause and fix it so i can become better I will use every mean to learn about the game i will watch every tutorial that available on the Youtube to become better"

I wont ask you use my "attitude" because is might not be how you "enjoy the game"

If you not enjoy playing this game because reasons that it done, moving forward find another things to do, when you playing game is suppose to be fun if not is not worth you free time.

And these day i enjoyed WoWs the same way i enjoy the WoT, so that it i play the WoWs instead of playing Fallout or whatever :D:D:D

View PostMissMeMiss, on 28 December 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Then question arise ... why you not teach each other to win, to be better, to be able combat effectively, to understand the important of teamwork rather than your ship stats ?

I won't ask you like that i rather ask "So how do you know the things you teaching/telling them is good?" 

I see so many match peoples try to act like "commander" ordering everyone to do that or this without have a clear view of that might result in,and when people not act according to the command they rage lol.

May be thats why i dont have friends i guess because i never telling peoples what to do but i just want to play with them and learn the game together :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

580 posts
1,587 battles

So i changed my "attitude" toward the game "ill let everyone do what do want but i will act according to team i will help them, i will use them and do whatever its takes to win this game, I will contribute as much as i be able to and if the game was loss is my fault i will find the cause and fix it so i can become better I will use every mean to learn about the game i will watch every tutorial that available on the Youtube to become better"

I fully agree... After playing for awhile this is what I do but I'd like to add that I also invest in my actions to land me a spot on the top 5 win or lose... any less than that then I know that I didn't do too well in the match and my team...

1. Will keep playing, if ... (I only select 1 reason to keep playing)

• WG implemented a very good system to make support teamwork working effectively, even with always random players on every matches.
  • WG make Division more than 3 players. above 6 players per division.

2. Will uninstall, if ... (If there's no change at all, I will quit)

• WG doesn't improve teamwork support system.
  • WG didn't implemented division with minimum 6 players per division.

Please be patient with the game, It's practically free to play and it just got off the mill... Give it some time, take a break if you have to but don't quit... After all "Perfection cannot be rushed"...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I fully agree... After playing for awhile this is what I do but I'd like to add that I also invest in my actions to land me a spot on the top 5 win or lose... any less than that then I know that I didn't do too well in the match and my team...

Well sometimes top 5 doesn't mean you contribute to the team, lets sey you in the Cruiser and you cover Carrier for the whole match so you didn't get to fire a shot at anythings and you ended up at the bottom of the list, i still think you did a pretty good job and you should be proud of your self :great:

"I rather win than gain an exp" thats my motto :D:D:D

580 posts
1,587 battles

Well sometimes top 5 doesn't mean you contribute to the team, lets sey you in the Cruiser and you cover Carrier for the whole match so you didn't get to fire a shot at anythings and you ended up at the bottom of the list, i still think you did a pretty good job and you should be proud of your self :great:

"I rather win than gain an exp" thats my motto :D:D:D

Well nothing wrong with that no doubt about it, heck if I'm overtiered in my Cleveland I usually stay close with BBs to give AA cover... but sometimes I wish WG would reward those kinds of actions in the future like the ribbons we get post match...

The mechanic should be like the defender must be at most 3-4 or 5km from any friendly CV or BB, enemy aircraft shot down by ships in this "protection circle" get a nicer ribbon that the regular "Shotdown Aircraft" we currently get... and this new ribbon only applies to Torpedo and Dive Bombers downed only...

Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well nothing wrong with that no doubt about it... but sometimes I wish WG would reward those kinds of actions in the future like the ribbons we get post match...

The mechanic should be like the defender must be at most 3-4 or 5km from any friendly CV or BB, enemy aircraft shot down by ships in this "protection circle" get a nicer ribbon that the regular "Shotdown Aircraft" we currently get... and this new ribbon only applies to Torpedo and Dive Bombers downed only...

Yea i agree and thats will encourage more Teamplay and support each other :great: (soon™)

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I am notorious in my family for my capacity to attract the most appalling, idiotic behaviour in cars around me when I drive somewhere. It's as though I've a huge, invisible "idiot magnet" built into my car.

As an example, the only traffic accident I've had in the last 15-20 years wasn't my fault. I was sitting at a set of lights (2 lanes and a turning lane) at night when a taxi in front of my put themselves into reverse and backed into the front of my car. Just like that. You might imagine how thrilled I was, doubly so given it was approximately 72 hours after my partner had just died (Dec 2014). Approximately 2 months later I saw exactly the same thing happen at an intersection just down the road from where it happened to me, and this time it was a taxi backing into another taxi (don't get me started on taxi drivers). Both of these are major intersections in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, well lit at night.

My point is that those people not only have a standard driver's licence, they also have a taxi one on top of that. Yet they're capable of that sort of [redacted] behaviour when there are no contributing factors outside their own idiocy.

Now take a system where anyone can 'drive' at no cost and there's no entrance test.

Are you still surprised by the random yet frequently breathtaking stupidity, laziness, cowardice and general ignorance/disinterest in winning? You shouldn't be.

And, yes, it is far and away the biggest single reason why I don't bother to play. That and the design choices the devs have made that I find make the game have too much RNG or just dopey [redacted] when I have an unfortunate 35+ years of reading naval history that causes me to cringe every time I see it.

If the co-op rewards were half decent I'd probably not play PvP. I suspect the devs are well aware of that which is why the PvE rewards are such garbage. Which again I consider lazy thinking on their part; hard to imagine they can't come up with a model with good PvE rewards that encourages people to spend money through its excellence.

Hang on, encouraging people through excellence of design?

LOL, wtf am I thinking?

Edited by Steeltrap

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I treat game as I treat real life.

In the past, on my youth, I play many FPS Online ... join a real life clan/group, train our team work and then sign for real life game tournament. I got many decent rewards even not win it.

Job in real life, me & my companions, have a small team of 3D animation & programming company. We are novice at the beginning, then times pass, our skill and teamwork are well built, reputation got better, project coming steady.

I like progression. Building something both me and my surrounding.

This game definitely awesome, but it only build me, and that's what I don't like.

I just hope there's an old guys in here that understand my feeling.

But I don't blame people who love masochism, you have your things, I will respect that.

Edited by MissMeMiss

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

On a good day normally I would just follow and see how should I assist the team, Im not a leader type but I will follow good, but sometimes if there is a need to be assertive and if the chance is good I will try to get everyone on the same goal...sometime it would work but sometime it wouldnt...this normally happens quarter to mid game when the direction is quite certain...during early game everyone would be, "I wanna go left" "I wanna go right" " I wanna cap" etc...some see where the main battlegroup is and some will joins in or not...in ranked its easy..either A or B...but in random...lotsa goals...quarter to mid game though the goals become somewhat certain so we can always work from there...

406 posts
6,287 battles

I'm curious, how would you propose a system that supports teamwork among random strangers? It's almost impossible, if you ask me.

You heavily incentivise them for Team work and penalize them for not working as a Team - the good ol' Carrot and Stick method.

74 posts
3,241 battles

I've been puzzling over this issue for a while now, and still haven't worked it out fully. I'm not sure how bad a player I am - I have a depressing 43% win rate, and my default status by the end of the battle is sunk. But bad or not, I'm almost certain that chance is a major factor in the game. There are twelve ships on each side racing around in a space usually cluttered by islands and such (with the exception of the Ocean map, which seems to be cluttered with fog banks). For the first minute of battle the opposing teams can't see each other but have to guess where the optimum attack should be made. Make the wrong guess and you pretty much lose the game. I have been sunk a lot in the first five minutes, because I have blundered into a situation where three or four enemy ships are firing at me from different angles. I've also been on the reverse side of that equation, where a team has all headed in a certain direction and made two or three early kills because the enemy ships were in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, in games where team sizes are smaller, it is easier to survive that first contact moment and settle in for a more absorbing battle. 

Add to that the randomness of language, e.g "*******DD*** ***** 88"

Clearly someone whose keyboard script is not supported by the WOWS Asian server is trying to tell us something. What, we will never know. The quick response keys are a flawed attempt to enable inter-language communication. The corny vocalisations of the messages put a lot of players off using or paying attention to them. However, they are useful to a degree. But at the start of the game someone telling you to capture the enemy's base is likely to be ignored, for that way lies nothing but certain death.

Finally all players have to balance the needs of the team against their own individual needs. The XP system means you have to land hits, cap and defend bases and try and sink enemy ships. If you're in a DD, half way through the game, less than 1,000 hp left and nothing to show for your efforts, you're likely to take a risk and try and do some damage, even though the logical thing for you to be doing is sitting somewhere safe where no one will shoot at you.

Sorry this is such a wall of text. I'm no good at concise. :)

One of the best games I had recently was when I asked before it all kicked off if anyone had a plan, and someone answered,"attack left, defend right." And we all did that. The ships on the left moved aggressively, seeking to do as much damage as possible and to break through onto the enemy's side of the map, while the ones on the right stopped the enemy from breaking through onto our side. I think I still got sunk, but I took a ship or two with me and we won the battle. But we could have done exactly the same thing and lost, if the enemy had simply reversed the order of their attack.

211 posts
9,931 battles

I'm curious, how would you propose a system that supports teamwork among random strangers? It's almost impossible, if you ask me.

The spotting system like in armoured warfare would be a good start (you can earn top exp without firing a single shoot in that game)

To the OP 

The closest thing you will get to what you are asking for is Ranked i'm guessing

6 player Divisions vs Randoms is not a fair game.

Anyway

I think this game appeals to a more casual player base with a nostalgic quirk for WW2 or Battleships.

Some people just want to sail around and pew pew at random with tunnel vision.

2 posts
1,715 battles

ya I know how you feel. (Edited) off now... keep losing battle after battle 8 lose battles now

Profanity, Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Got into a tier 8 fight in largely stock New Mex (what a joy...).

Domination with 4 caps.

Enemy holds 3, we have one.

I look at map again....and find that we have 8 ships on the H-I-J rows.

Tier 8 fight and virtually everyone is doing nothing to attempt to cap the zones.

I got wrecked by a CV of course (maybe top tier battles lack CVs, but almost every battle I've played at mid-tiers has had 2 CVs a side), but didn't really care because it got me out of that battle sooner.

What a bunch of useless [redacted], all sitting there watching the enemy win and not making a single move to stop them. Oh noes, I might get shot at! How pathetic.

Sadly, that's common.

Had another team where we ended up with 6-7 vessels all in the bottom corner of a map while I'm trying to hold our cap.

My observations about that team actually got me a chat ban. Pity they didn't worry about the enemy as much as they did about reporting my request for a team not made of cowardly [reacted], lol.

About done with it, really, which I suspect will please some people at least.

Edited by Steeltrap

683 posts
7,358 battles

I once been obsessed about "Teamwork" or somethings you mentioned above, but for me is just an attitude toward things.

I was an soloist in WoT (because i dont have friend playing with me back then lol) and it was like that "oh my team so bad i lose cause everyone not doing a thing" "oh i make a push no one help me gg noob team" "i defense the base so long no one cap omg noob team"

But at the end of the day that doesn't change a things peoples no going to do or play according to you every one have difference perception of enjoying the game and you cannot make them play like you want.

So i changed my "attitude" toward the game "ill let everyone do what they want but i will act according to team i will help them, i will use them and do whatever its takes to win this game, I will contribute as much as i be able to and if the game was lossis my fault i will find the cause and fix it so i can become better I will use every mean to learn about the game i will watch every tutorial that available on the Youtube to become better"

I wont ask you use my "attitude" because is might not be how you "enjoy the game"

If you not enjoy playing this game because reasons that it done, moving forward find another things to do, when you playing game is suppose to be fun if not is not worth you free time.

And these day i enjoyed WoWs the same way i enjoy the WoT, so that it i play the WoWs instead of playing Fallout or whatever :D:D:D

I won't ask you like that i rather ask "So how do you know the things you teaching/telling them is good?" 

I see so many match peoples try to act like "commander" ordering everyone to do that or this without have a clear view of that might result in,and when people not act according to the command they rage lol.

May be thats why i dont have friends i guess because i never telling peoples what to do but i just want to play with them and learn the game together :D:D:D

Yup agree with you. Me too watching video how should.particular ship be used, observe other players behaviour and try to team up with them etc. Though sometimes just can't help it as the whole team made a tactical decision which failed badly.

For me I do try to tell what I wanna do, esp at the start of the game e.g. will support in C cap (if there's DD around), alarm own CV about TB/DB skirting the borders towards him etc. 

In return, other players will start to communicate and thus promoting teamwork.

IMO, at least the players I met until now, a majority of them can work as a team, and hoping it will improve further in future :)

Ps: yeah, maybe a division of more than 3 ships? :P 

29 posts

Honestly , play the game like how you want . I am still rather new to the game and have been in the situation as you. When this happens , i stop for several days .

On the other hand because WOWS is a rather new game , improvement would be made over time i hope for MM

Edited by natoteorenzo

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Honestly , play the game like how you want . I am still rather new to the game and have been in the situation as you. When this happens , i stop for several days .

On the other hand because WOWS is a rather new game , improvement would be made over time i hope for MM

I dont really think so :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

You heavily incentivise them for Team work and penalize them for not working as a Team - the good ol' Carrot and Stick method.

You know, if they moved away from individual awards for what they have and went to a team awards system that is centric to team play that would be enhanced by individual efforts, it might, just might have the desired affect to promote better team play. Like awarding DD players for spotting enemy, patrol duty, capturing objectives, screening, and doing the things DD should do for the team. CAs for providing AA cover for CVs and BBs while defending against CAs and DDs. BBs for doing what they're designed to do and CVs awarded for providing air cover for their fleet while interdicting CVs and then supporting the fleet action. Each of these classes has a designed purpose.

However, they're not being used like that. You have DDs going after BBs using their newly fixed stealth torpedoes killing BBs that can't turn to get out of their way instead of screening the fleet. CAs going after BBs with their rapid firing HE guns while ignoring CVs who are doing the same thing to their BBs. CVs going after BBs and ignoring the CVs and their attacking squadrons. This game, like WoT, does not promote team play. It rewards individual play and as long as it does that there will never be a functional team play environment. PuGs fail every time because there is no incentive to act as a team. This is a failure of design more so than failure of players as they only do what they are given to do in this type of environment. Until such time they decide to make such a change it will always be me, myself, and I in PuGs.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

You know, if they moved away from individual awards for what they have and went to a team awards system that is centric to team play that would be enhanced by individual efforts, it might, just might have the desired affect to promote better team play. Like awarding DD players for spotting enemy, patrol duty, capturing objectives, screening, and doing the things DD should do for the team. CAs for providing AA cover for CVs and BBs while defending against CAs and DDs. BBs for doing what they're designed to do and CVs awarded for providing air cover for their fleet while interdicting CVs and then supporting the fleet action. Each of these classes has a designed purpose.

However, they're not being used like that. You have DDs going after BBs using their newly fixed stealth torpedoes killing BBs that can't turn to get out of their way instead of screening the fleet. CAs going after BBs with their rapid firing HE guns while ignoring CVs who are doing the same thing to their BBs. CVs going after BBs and ignoring the CVs and their attacking squadrons. This game, like WoT, does not promote team play. It rewards individual play and as long as it does that there will never be a functional team play environment. PuGs fail every time because there is no incentive to act as a team. This is a failure of design more so than failure of players as they only do what they are given to do in this type of environment. Until such time they decide to make such a change it will always be me, myself, and I in PuGs.

I have the same thoughts like you. But as I try to think if WG can actually do something like above said ... it's quite harder to realize than I can dream of. I have friend who good in programming. I'm asking him, if they can actually create things like that ... well, he said, it's hard and possible of lots buggy things will be happening. He said the reason ... a very long detailed explanation ... then finally I can understand it, then yeah ... WG would not implemented this idea, maybe, only the easiest ... like spotting first ship, but that's all.

That's why the simple method to increase team work are by increasing the number of Division from 3 to minimum 6 or more. Or, as other said, WG make a new play mode and require a team group, which it's not division, but a Squadron that can make a group that more than 3 players. So it's a team vs team battle, the rule same as Random Match, but separate mode. However, the set back is, it will had a very long Matchmaking to match Ship Tier between group, and possible meet a disadvantage matchmaking.

Edited by MissMeMiss

124 posts

Is game play bad ? ... NO

Is graphic bad ? ... NO

Is diversion and customization bad ? ... NO

Is server not managed well ? ... NO

Long Rants ...

With this cloudy thoughts inside my head before click and launch WoWs, I feel like gonna puke of projecting to what will be happen, what could be happen, and it is always happened, proven 100%, I will get a F#'ing and S#tty team, much more than I get a satisfying team.

I have the same feeling every time I wanted to login before I finally quit playing.

I do love World of Warships. My twisted panties are the bad players couldn't bother to put in the team effort, regardless of winning or losing.

There are moments in losing matches, when the remaining ships in my team and me pulled an upset. That is the greatest moments in team work when the effort paid off. Unfortunately it's rare for such moments.

I somewhat agree that "bad" players focused too much on individual awards/missions, and grinding XP to Tier X ships. I especially hate kill missions.

I don't see MM at fault. My only wish players would focus more in teamwork rather than individual accomplishments and rewards.

I don't think WG could do much in ensuring all players to be better captains and work as a team, unless... clan wars? (I never played WoT)

I won't deny I enjoy winning matches. I want to enjoy the team effort in attempt to win matches.

Besides the dreaded RNG, there are luck involved that doesn't allow you the fruit of your labour. E.g. In the first 5 minutes in Hotspot, my Independence was sunk from oneshot by a Kongou at his max range :hiding:

Random players still don't understand how ships support each other, unless... training rooms? Come on...