You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RANGBAZZ

USS North Carolina Accuracy Issues and Stats !

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

Hello guys, 

This Will be My 1st Forum Post ,So i apologies in advance in case i might Have Have Overlooked Some Forum rules regarding Posting .

Now Coming to point. So i recently Unlocked North Carolina, As hard the Grind Was ,I must Admit Noting Makes me more Happier in the world than Getting it after Colorado. 

So I was trying to know the Ship,U know general stuff,Use it Max abilities and all ,And I witness something Horrible. 

The shell Dispersion of NC is 274m , I mean Yeah that's max on 21/23 km range But still ........I haven't Played any games from that as iw as busy and wont be able to for some days.   I tried CO-OP game ..>The accuracy Sucks Horribly.

If some one is coming to U with His Bow ,Forget hitting that even on 8 Km range ,The shells will just fly By .

My ship is pure stock , and i know that New Hull Gives you New Rounds for same Gun Dealing more damage and Better angling Values.  

So Here is the Question !  Does the Shell dispersion reduces with the New Hull ?  If yes that its Painful 54,000 XP grind . If not ...then WTH !!  

Even Colorado has 214 m Shell dispersion and believe me compared to IJN BB its seems Inaccurate ......My AMAGI has 212 m Shell dispersion on19km . 

SO i would request you Guys to help me with this stat issue , IF not Then u can simply Give me Some Tips on how to Use the NC to its full Potential( And yes I have watched the YouTube Videos,They ere Not that Helpful)  

( I have attached some screenshots with the values ,My upgrades and the Captains skills, Fell free to Provide Your Input For any Improvement)

While Going to The replies Of Players On My thread i Do have One more QUestion for You guys Regarding My captain Skill and Slot5 Upgrade module for Tier 8 

The  "Vigilance" captain skill  at Tier 3 , Will it stack up With Slot 5's "Target System Accusation Modification 1  "  Upgrade  ? Shouldn't I be having Like a Stacked up total of 30% torpedo accusation range ? (As after Update 0.5.2 It grants You an extra 20% torpedo accustaion range ! ) 

[Content edited - red text removed from bolded portion]

Thank You 

Red text. Post edited. In future, please do not use red text in posts as that is reserved for moderator use - as per forum rules. No warning given, as this is your first post.

~Syanda

shot-15.12.28_05.01.14-0989.jpg

shot-15.12.28_05.11.32-0414.jpg

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Double turret from triple turret carries higher dispersion values due the fact that you can do more average damage with the extra shell flying

but yes its accuracy is incredibly bad, best to just ignore people going headfirst at you and aim for broadside shots at 10-12km range.

Just because it has 21km max range doesn't mean you SHOULD be firing at that range because you'll never hit in the first place.

If you want to know something else, the Shell speed of the NC is also really slow, so firing at max range is also a really bad thing to do...

Edited by iLordShade

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I would reset your captain and drop all those concealment and acquisition skills to start with, you are in a BB ;)

Move those into the tier 3 survivability skill, and save up for the tier 4 advanced firing skill (increase your secondaries and AA capability).

While your captain is retraining he is running at 50% capability, this will impact on skills etc.

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

I would reset your captain and drop all those concealment and acquisition skills to start with, you are in a BB ;)

Move those into the tier 3 survivability skill, and save up for the tier 4 advanced firing skill (increase your secondaries and AA capability).

While your captain is retraining he is running at 50% capability, this will impact on skills etc.

Sincere thanks for your Input , But dont U find Yourself in situation when U are alone on one side against a DD and I think that  concealment and acquisition skill Really helps Coz u are always aware of incoming torp spam . Not to mention IF u are detected at those times its easier to coclude that you are the Likely target and the DD is around you Their By helping Your teammates to narrow down the search . 

While staying on same topic i have the 20% acquisition MOD on my last slot ,which(After0.5.2 Update) Gives me extra 20% torpedo accusation range , So combined with my captain skill will it give me Like 30-40% torp accusation ? If not Should i Drop It ? 

Edited by RANGBAZZ

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

Most people tend to do two things with the NC, either you go full accuracy (using gun accuracy mod) and try to lower the dispersion to around 230m (acceptable) or you can go full AA build and just deal with the dispersion problem but have a montrous AA suite that will make carriers think twice about attacking you.

Up to you

Well i usually try to Support a Flank bu rushing in with cruisers ,I am not the 1st ship On A front But usually put myself with cruisers, And i dont Play like most of Players we see now days Playing a BB at its Max Range  ! 

But even after that Players are Improving day By day , U will hardly see BB or CA showing their broadside to u waiting to be citadele'd . Most of them Are angled ,and that's where NC fails ,Coz the dispersion is so much Its hard even to hit an angled target which had just collided into a Mountain at 13-16Km .  !! 

For Now I love The reload time and Turret Turing Of NC , With New Hull I Think i might get new shells for that Gun Yielding more BAse damage and more Armour , But Accuracy issue Still stands. 

If i use that Gun Mod that U mention above, I believe it will increase the reload time of my guns as well as the turning time. Can u please specify the Values for that Upgrade As i am currently using the AA mod on slot 2. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Sincere thanks for your Input , But dont U find Yourself in situation when U are alone on one side against a DD and I think that  concealment and acquisition skill Really helps Coz u are always aware of incoming torp spam . 

While staying on same topic i have the 20% acquisition MOD on my last slot ,which(After0.5.2 Update) Gives me extra 20% torpedo accusation range , So combined with my captain skill will it give me Like 30-40% torp accusation ? If not Should i Drop It ? 

1 - You are in a BB - you can safely assume that you are spotted 95% of the game, and should play that way.

2 - It's a meh slot for BB's, you may as well stay with the torpedo detection, having 10% less detectability in a ship that is spotted across the map is just a pointless lol

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

at tier 8, I find concealment and situational awareness mandatory. With good captain and skills you can reduce the Iowa (the upgrade from the NC) to just sub 14km. Which will allow you to get into a more favourable firing range. I wouldn't be surprised if you are able to do the same with the North Carolina.

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

1 - You are in a BB - you can safely assume that you are spotted 95% of the game, and should play that way.

2 - It's a meh slot for BB's, you may as well stay with the torpedo detection, having 10% less detectability in a ship that is spotted across the map is just a pointless lol

Hmm ....I totally agree Thanks for Your Help , I will reset My points And will go For Tier 4 AA skill .

But the "Vigilance" captain skill That i have at Tier 3 , Will it stack up With Slot 5's "Target System Accusation Modification "  Upgrade  ? Shouldn't I be having Like a Stacked up total of 30% torpedo accusation range ? 

Thank you :) 

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Well i usually try to Support a Flank bu rushing in with cruisers ,I am not the 1st ship On A front But usually put myself with cruisers, And i dont Play like most of Players we see now days Playing a BB at its Max Range  ! 

But even after that Players are Improving day By day , U will hardly see BB or CA showing their broadside to u waiting to be citadele'd . Most of them Are angled ,and that's where NC fails ,Coz the dispersion is so much Its hard even to hit an angled target which had just collided into a Mountain at 13-16Km .  !! 

For Now I love The reload time and Turret Turing Of NC , With New Hull I Think i might get new shells for that Gun Yielding more BAse damage and more Armour , But Accuracy issue Still stands. 

If i use that Gun Mod that U mention above, I believe it will increase the reload time of my guns as well as the turning time. Can u please specify the Values for that Upgrade As i am currently using the AA mod on slot 2. 

Sorry, I confused the Iowa with NC and forgot Iowa gets Gun Accuracy mod 1. Which sadly the NC misses out on. I've removed part of my first post to match.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Hmm ....I totally agree Thanks for Your Help , I will reset My points And will go For Tier 4 AA skill .

But the "Vigilance" captain skill That i have at Tier 3 , Will it stack up With Slot 5's "Target System Accusation Modification "  Upgrade  ? Shouldn't I be having Like a Stacked up total of 30% torpedo accusation range ? 

Thank you :) 

hmm not sure - I have never bothered with the skill lol

it would be something that you would need to test for yourself.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Nope is not pointless, better concealment mean you can get closer with out getting detected and be able to brawl in a close combat much easier :D:D:D

in my opinion there no such a must or exact captain skill set there no pointless or such a things (except you put Air Superiority skill in Battleships lol) its always come down to "personal preference"

And i love my North Carolina best Battleship in my opinion :P  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

hmm not sure - I have never bothered with the skill lol

it would be something that you would need to test for yourself.

Well i already spent My quota of money to buy GOLD ,and i dont have left much (Enough to demount upgrades Only) 

Guess i wait out for some one to answer that peculiar  Question !  :)

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

YEah the play-style of US BB upto Tier 7 is sneaky , Ur surface detection is almost same or less Upto Your Fire range, Most of times u wont even get detected Untill u fire ona Flank . I believe that skill is pretty handy, IF u want to stay aware of map and enemy at all time + it helps you to get in close Proximity of your target ( not always ,But many times ) there By helping u to negate the Less range Issues of typical US BB upto Tier 7 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

YEah the play-style of US BB upto Tier 7 is sneaky , Ur surface detection is almost same or less Upto Your Fire range, Most of times u wont even get detected Untill u fire ona Flank . I believe that skill is pretty handy, IF u want to stay aware of map and enemy at all time + it helps you to get in close Proximity of your target ( not always ,But many times ) there By helping u to negate the Less range Issues of typical US BB upto Tier 7 

Well even in higher tier that tactic still valid :D:D:D

Here the vid about Montana concealment built might help you decide which way you wanna go